No coffee makers

boss_lady

So it sounds like you "might" have one in your room and if you don't then just ask for one. :)

Ok, so let's go back to our "happy place". ;)

Dont ya know .. Thats where most of us are happiest . Bantering over coffee pots . This is CC after all.

You'll catch on :D

pretty sure our balcony cabin on Jewel had one in February

Could it have just been a hot pot? That's what we had. This is a good thread - seems like some ships have coffee maker, some don't. Our first NCL cruise was on the Spirit, with a coffee maker. We assumed we'd have one on our balcony cabin the Jewel, which we didn't. I guess all NCL ships don't have the same exact amenities.

NCL removed the coffee makers from the balcony and below cabins over two years ago.

This may apply to only SOME of the NCL ships. We were on the Jade in Feb/Mar in a balcony and had a coffee maker.

Cdn in KS

This is the first I have heard of this. I'm not 100% sure I would believe this just yet. I'm curious to hear what others who have just sailed in non-suites have to report.

There are coffee pots in balcony and above categories. The ones in OV and Inside were discontinued a few years ago.

If you are in OV or Inside though, ask your Cabin Steward if he can find a coffee pot for you. He might be able to find one in a storage closet, either from discontinued ones or from upper category cabins where the passenger has asked to have it removed for taking up space if they don't drink coffee.

Thank you everyone!! Guess I will ask for one when we are on board if there isn't one in the cabin.

I am looking at a NCL brochure and under the amenities for balcony and above they list coffee/tea set up. As for inside/oceanview it is not listed.

I am not going to let this ruin my cruise that is for sure!

Again thank you for all your responses, I really appreciate it.

I am unhappy because on the cruise ships in cabins below a suite they no longer have coffee makers. Can anyone tell me why????

I know I am not alone when I say I want my coffee in the morning and don't want to have to leave the cabin to get it. Oh I know I can call room service and have it delivered. Why should I. Most hotels have them in it.

Ok, I am done ranting now.

We've always had coffee makers in our balcony cabins, including the one we just took less than 3 weeks ago.

Hi... we were on the Jewel in February. we were in an aft facing balcony on deck 8. There was only an electric pot to heat water. I had read here to ask the stewart for a real one which I did but he said no they were not available.It worked out ok though as we were close to the Moderno bar and the little cafe place. My husband went down there and got coffee each morning from the coffee machine. One morning he took the hotpot down and filled it with coffee. We have a 4 cup coffee maker we use in our camper. I am thinking when we go on the Breakaway next February I might bring it with me.

Marianne

Hi... we were on the Jewel in February. we were in an aft facing balcony on deck 8. There was only an electric pot to heat water. I had read here to ask the stewart for a real one which I did but he said no they were not available.It worked out ok though as we were close to the Moderno bar and the little cafe place. My husband went down there and got coffee each morning from the coffee machine. One morning he took the hotpot down and filled it with coffee. We have a 4 cup coffee maker we use in our camper. I am thinking when we go on the Breakaway next February I might bring it with me.

Marianne

Stewart the steward? ;) Sorry, I couldn't resist!! :D

Coming from a serious coffee addict, who does not like to time her wake-up with room service, and who is afraid to rely on the kindness of cabin stewards to supply coffee pots... I bring my own pot! It's a portable, small, all-plastic number from Target and it is serviceable. It's not my Nespresso machine but it does the trick. Also, having gone the route of messy, soggy filters with dirty coffee grounds in the trash, I now bring either Dunkin' Donuts or Starbucks individual coffee bags that are neat and easy to throw away.

Next we have to compare notes on our favorite NCL Coffee Bar. So far I vote for the Spirit as the most inviting and comfiest--ix nay on the Pearl which is not relaxing IMHO. What do other folks think?

NCL removed the coffee makers from the balcony and below cabins over two years ago.

I have had one placed in my inside cabin on every cruise I have taken, too. But the fact remains --- they were removed as I stated.

I can only report what I have personally experienced:

I've only been cruising with Norwegian a little over two years (and have reached platinum), and 100% of all balcony & oceanview cabins have been in were equipped with a coffee maker on arrival.

I was on the Dawn in a balcony cabin last week and had a coffee maker. As a matter of fact, I thought the coffee was very good. The first one had a flaw in it, though, and all the power went out in the cabin on my first morning.

I wonder if I will have a coffeepot on the "Breakaway"~~in a studio cabin~~might have to take a very small one~~I am the only one in my cabin~~ do not want to get dressed to go get a coffee early! What kind should I buy that is small~~any suggestions would be welcomed! Thanks:)

We have also always had a coffee maker in our room (super important to me) but have sailed in balcony cabins for the past 8 or so years. We cruise twice a year - the last time in February on the Sun.

I had also heard they were removed at one point - but I do think it was ocean

view and inside. However, that being said, my friends who were in an inside cabin requested one and they provided it to them.

I can only report what I have personally experienced:

I've only been cruising with Norwegian a little over two years (and have reached platinum), and 100% of all balcony & oceanview cabins have been in were equipped with a coffee maker on arrival.

Seems like it is hit and miss with the coffee pots. Some have them, and some have hot pots. Some have none.

Maybe NCL is changing, or maybe the stewards are leaving them if they were requested by the previous guest.

I know in our inside cabins, the housekeeping staff knew DW liked her morning coffee, and they had one in the cabin when we boarded. When you cruise often, they get to know your preferences.

Archived