Call from Royal RE Navigator Dry Dock

Just got a call from Royal.....wanted to let me know my cabin (1564) location could be moved a little bit forward or aft.....they are adding window cabins in that area....at least I got advance notice!

Which sailing are you on?

Barb

March 9th 2014.....I asked and he said first sailing after dry dock would be February 5th (I think it was the 5th!)

Ugh...I wish I didn't, but I really get stressed out over stuff like this. I just went to the RCCL website to get my ducks in a row anticipating their call in the next few days. They still haven't changed the deckplans, and they have 1564 as an option on some sailings. I just never dreamed a GS would be impacted by the new cabins.

Ugh...I wish I didn't, but I really get stressed out over stuff like this. I just went to the RCCL website to get my ducks in a row anticipating their call in the next few days. They still haven't changed the deckplans, and they have 1564 as an option on some sailings. I just never dreamed a GS would be impacted by the new cabins.

I'm right there with you. We are on the 2/5 sailing in a GS, and I haven't been too worried about our cabin since it didn't seem to be affected by the new categories. Surely they aren't reducing the number of suites, they sell really well out of Texas!

Just got a call from Royal.....wanted to let me know my cabin (1564) location could be moved a little bit forward or aft.....they are adding window cabins in that area....at least I got advance notice!

Where the heck are they adding cabins on Deck 10?!?!?!?!?

:confused:

Do you mean 1564 won't exist any longer, or it will exist in a slightly different location? That's my cabin in April, and I've been going crazy ever since I read your post earlier!:rolleyes: Thanks!

Where the heck are they adding cabins on Deck 10?!?!?!?!?

:confused:

Great question! Are they taking square footage away?:confused::(:confused: Of course, there's no indication of this on the deck plans that pop up when you click on plans starting after the dry dock!:rolleyes:

Great question! Are they taking square footage away?:confused::(:confused: Of course, there's no indication of this on the deck plans that pop up when you click on plans starting after the dry dock!:rolleyes:

On Vision class ships that have added oceanview cabins, they used space that had previously been public spaces such as a lounge or library or C&A office space. There is no such "unused" space on Navigator's Deck 10.

Maybe they are going to really break tradition and move the suites to deck 9 instead of under the pool deck... Closer to the CL that way too unless they move that as well.

***This is not a rumor and I have not heard this from a cabin steward. Just a thought that I highly doubt is likely or possible. :)

I received a call today too. I have a balcony room on the 9th deck mid-ship. I called RCCL and they wanted to inform me that I might be moved to a room that was more forward or aft. Not saying it will happen, but just in case. I told them I get sea sick and do not want to be forward. I booked my cruise a year in advance just to get a mid-ship room. I hope they don't move us to a cheaper category, since my D2 is next to the highest price balcony category.

Is it just me or does anyone feel like its unlikely/never will happen that RCI would replace balcony cabins and suites with the new floor to ceiling ocean view cabins?

I agree...except people in those cabins are getting phone calls, so something's up.:confused: Believe me, when they get around to calling people on April cruises, I will be asking a LOT of questions!:o

I think what's frustrating to me is how this whole Navigator refurbishment/redeployment has been handled. Cruises disappeared for a few days and then came back, but subsequently those of us who are booked aren't able to see our reservations and we're getting error messages -- with no communication from RCCL to this point. Those of us who called were assured our bookings were fine.

It's been over 2 weeks since the Navigator announcement, and people are now starting to receive phone calls about their bookings.

If somebody booked the Navigator a year ago I can understand RCCL might not have had definitive plans in place for the dry dock. I just booked when I was on the Mariner last month. I would assume at that point plans should have been well underway for the upcoming changes, yet they were happily selling cabins from the existing deck plans. When I look on the RCCL website, they are still selling my cabin for later cruises, yet mnh has already been informed it's affected by the refurbishment. This is starting to feel very "Rhapsodyish" to me.:(

It's almost as if they woke up one morning and decided to redeploy the ship to Galveston...then decided to take away their highest revenue cabins and replace them with cabins that have a window instead of a balcony???:eek: Suites sell quickly out of Galveston...there are quite a few 2014 cruises where all the GS and above are gone already. It just doesn't make sense to me.

I'll get off my soap box now!:p I guess there's nothing I can do but wait for a phone call. I am anxious to hear what they have to say! If my GS is disappearing, I wonder how they propose to solve this little problem?:confused: Maybe it's putting the cart before the horse, but I think I'll be ready with some dates in case I have to move completely.

They took down the sailings for a while to stop sales until they had the new cabin numbers loaded. They just put them back up for sale on Tuesday and we booked our cabin two days ago for April 27. Just hope our location on Deck 10 remains the same. We specifically picked that cabin because we love the location. It is not under anything that generates noise - we've had it on all our Voyager class cruises.

Is it just me or does anyone feel like its unlikely/never will happen that RCI would replace balcony cabins and suites with the new floor to ceiling ocean view cabins?

I agree that is seems highly improbable that they would be replacing suites with ocean views. Maybe they are turning the old concierge lounge on deck 9 into something else and making a new one amongst the suites on deck 10?

Trying to stay positive still... we shall see hopefully sooner than later what they have up their sleeve.

I agree...except people in those cabins are getting phone calls, so something's up.:confused: Believe me, when they get around to calling people on April cruises, I will be asking a LOT of questions!:o

I think what's frustrating to me is how this whole Navigator refurbishment/redeployment has been handled. Cruises disappeared for a few days and then came back, but subsequently those of us who are booked aren't able to see our reservations and we're getting error messages -- with no communication from RCCL to this point. Those of us who called were assured our bookings were fine.

It's been over 2 weeks since the Navigator announcement, and people are now starting to receive phone calls about their bookings.

If somebody booked the Navigator a year ago I can understand RCCL might not have had definitive plans in place for the dry dock. I just booked when I was on the Mariner last month. I would assume at that point plans should have been well underway for the upcoming changes, yet they were happily selling cabins from the existing deck plans. When I look on the RCCL website, they are still selling my cabin for later cruises, yet mnh has already been informed it's affected by the refurbishment. This is starting to feel very "Rhapsodyish" to me.:(

It's almost as if they woke up one morning and decided to redeploy the ship to Galveston...then decided to take away their highest revenue cabins and replace them with cabins that have a window instead of a balcony???:eek: Suites sell quickly out of Galveston...there are quite a few 2014 cruises where all the GS and above are gone already. It just doesn't make sense to me.

I'll get off my soap box now!:p I guess there's nothing I can do but wait for a phone call. I am anxious to hear what they have to say! If my GS is disappearing, I wonder how they propose to solve this little problem?:confused: Maybe it's putting the cart before the horse, but I think I'll be ready with some dates in case I have to move completely.

I just don't understand why they don't post the new deck plans and the new cabin numbers in the booking system. I am sure they already have the new deck plans created because its not just as if they woke up one morning a few weeks ago and said oh wait lets remodel the Navigator. They have been planning this remodel for months.

You would think they would rather have people booked in the correct cabins and not have to change them later.

Interesting. Nice they called. Now if they could just get the cruises back on My Cruises section I'd relax haha.

I'm wondering if someone is booked in an inside room that is now an inside virtual balcony room, do they stay in that room, or get moved to another inside room. I'd think moved to another inside room, but my TA mentioned about a "move over offer" so that's what's thrown me off.

Interesting. Nice they called. Now if they could just get the cruises back on My Cruises section I'd relax haha.

I'm wondering if someone is booked in an inside room that is now an inside virtual balcony room, do they stay in that room, or get moved to another inside room. I'd think moved to another inside room, but my TA mentioned about a "move over offer" so that's what's thrown me off.

I'm not sure what's going on. We are booked in March and have a balcony on deck 10 and the kids in an interior on 10. I have called twice and keep hearing everything is fine, nothing to worry about, blah, blah, blah but all the talk of phone calls and 'move over' offers is stressing me out. The lack of communication from RCI is really putting me off. Yesterday I put a deposit down on a different cruise/line just for peace of mind. They are once again selling cabins on our cruise and if we do have to move (as opposed to have the kids several decks away) the choices are becoming more limited with each new booking. This will only be our second cruise on Royal and this experience isn’t leaving me with a really great impression. I’m sure they have a lot to deal with in renovating a ship but I don’t feel like asking for a little communication is too much. I don’t need to know where you plan to stick this new restaurant or the flowrider but whether or not our rooms are going to end up floors apart or you are going to ask me to pay more to keep what I booked doesn’t seem like too much to ask for.

I just don't understand why they don't post the new deck plans and the new cabin numbers in the booking system. I am sure they already have the new deck plans created because its not just as if they woke up one morning a few weeks ago and said oh wait lets remodel the Navigator. They have been planning this remodel for months.

You would think they would rather have people booked in the correct cabins and not have to change them later.

That was my thought also, but apparently my thought process is somewhat different than RCCL's.:rolleyes:

We have 1564 booked for the May 4 to Costa Maya cruise, and 1568 for our family cruise Feb. 23. I am not happy about this and will call my TA and RCI to see if I can get any more information...probably not. Anyway, I guess as long as we are in a GS it will be OK. However, most of us pick a cabin for its location. When/if that location is changed we may be too far forward and feel more movement, or too far back putting us under the busiest part of the pool deck and thus have more noise.

We have 1564 booked for the May 4 to Costa Maya cruise, and 1568 for our family cruise Feb. 23. I am not happy about this and will call my TA and RCI to see if I can get any more information...probably not. Anyway, I guess as long as we are in a GS it will be OK. However, most of us pick a cabin for its location. When/if that location is changed we may be too far forward and feel more movement, or too far back putting us under the busiest part of the pool deck and thus have more noise.

Let us know what you find out! I'm trying to be patient and wait for them to call, but...

Archived