Neptune Suite - How perky are the perks?

I have 2 cabins reserved on HAL Westerdam in June. My husband and I have a Neptune Suite but my daughters are across from us in an inside cabin. Will they be able to board at the same time as us since we are sailing as a family? Also, will they be allowed in the Neptune Lounge with us? We have never sailed with HAL before but I know the other lines allow us to be together.

Thanks!

Kippie

Normally you can check in and board as a group (unless maybe you had a LARGE group).

However, your daughters will not be allowed in the Neptune Lounge, nor will they be able to join you for breakfast in the Pinnacle Grill.

Normally you can check in and board as a group (unless maybe you had a LARGE group).

However, your daughters will not be allowed in the Neptune Lounge, nor will they be able to join you for breakfast in the Pinnacle Grill.

I have read a review of a family doing exactly what you are and they all had access to the Neptune Lounge [cannot remember when or where, old age:confused:], not sure about breakfast. So ask them, they may let them in especially if it is not full. It may be against the rules, but rules are meant to be broken.:D

Enjoy your cruise

D

I have read a review of a family doing exactly what you are and they all had access to the Neptune Lounge [cannot remember when or where, old age:confused:], not sure about breakfast. So ask them, they may let them in especially if it is not full. It may be against the rules, but rules are meant to be broken.

Well, no, rules are not "meant to be broken" - otherwise, why have rules? However, it is possible to obtain permission from the concierge for the younger girls to use the Neptune Lounge.

I have read a review of a family doing exactly what you are and they all had access to the Neptune Lounge [cannot remember when or where, old age:confused:], not sure about breakfast. So ask them, they may let them in especially if it is not full. It may be against the rules, but rules are meant to be broken.:D

Enjoy your cruise

D

As I recall, that discussion resulted in the belief that the PG staff were just too polite to ask them to leave. No, those rules are not meant to be broken. Where does one draw the line, when some passengers have paid quite a bit extra in order to get those perks? If each of them brought family or friends from non-suite cabins, the PG breakfast would preclude some of those who paid for the perk simply from lack of space.

I have 2 cabins reserved on HAL Westerdam in June. My husband and I have a Neptune Suite but my daughters are across from us in an inside cabin. Will they be able to board at the same time as us since we are sailing as a family? Also, will they be allowed in the Neptune Lounge with us? We have never sailed with HAL before but I know the other lines allow us to be together.

Thanks!

Kippie

If you would like to enjoy the company of your daughters in the Neptune Lounge you need to upgrade their inside cabin to a Neptune Suite.

As someone who's had the good fortune to be able to book a Neptune for a few cruises (and pay quite a bit extra for it), I have a real problem with "breaking the rules" to allow non-Neptune Suite guests into the Neptune Lounge and the Pinnacle for breakfast. It they want those perks, they need to book that level of stateroom.

On my upcoming Alaskan cruise, my sister and I are booked in an outside cabin. We have friends on the same cruise in a Neptune Suite. I would never expect, nor attempt, to gain access to the perks they have paid thousands of dollars extra to enjoy.

Roz

Just because a Neptune Suite guest has priority boarding, they do not have to use it. They can easily stay together as a family and board with those family members who are not in Neptune Suites. Wait for their number to be called and board with them.

Thanks!

Kippie

I'm curious. Are your daughters adults or minors?

Thanks!

Kippie

Perhaps you booked a Neptune Suite for 4 people and an empty inside cabin [by mistake, of course]:D:D:D

D

I have 2 cabins reserved on HAL Westerdam in June. My husband and I have a Neptune Suite but my daughters are across from us in an inside cabin. Will they be able to board at the same time as us since we are sailing as a family? Also, will they be allowed in the Neptune Lounge with us? We have never sailed with HAL before but I know the other lines allow us to be together.Thanks!

Kippie

While you might be able to board together, your daughters won't (and shouldn't) be able to use the Neptune Lounge or join you for breakfast in the specialty restaurant.

I'm not sure what lines you're referring to, but in my experience on Royal Caribbean, Celebrity, and Princess perks are guarded quite carefully. Lounges and specialty restaurants have limited capacity, and to allow non-eligible guests to use them would lessen the experience for those who paid a high price for their cabin and perks.

delete

Before you deleted this you had posted that the 2 in the inside cabin were minors.

["Well, my daughters are minors. They easily could have been in our Neptune Suites but we all prefer to have 2 cabins for the extra room and bathroom. At their age, they would never use the amenities provided by the NS so I wouldn't consider "upgrading their suite." However, it would have been cheaper for me to put all 4 of us in the NS instead of getting 2 cabins so I don't feel like I'm cheating HAL if they were to use the Neptune Lounge once or even get to board with us."]

Now that's simply not possible - HAL won't allow you to book a cabin for minors only. So you booked the NS for an adult and a minor and the inside for an adult and a minor. Those in the NS can enjoy the perks. Those not in the NS can't. It's really simple.

You then went on to say how you could have booked all 4 into the NS (don't think so, as I remember the limit to be 3) but that the two cabins you did book cost more so you weren't "cheating" HAL. But you are cheating the other NS guests. You are ignoring the rules for your own benefit.

If it's the same PG Manager as we had last year on the Westerdam - that definitely will not work.

I bet it was Raj or Tim. Both are great guys and yes- they are both are very good remembering the NS guest's faces.

We have dinner in PG every night so PGM already knows us when we come down first morning. We saw him turning away many people though. One couple was complaing that they weren't able to have breakfast with their friends that were not in a NS. He told them that they were welcome in MDR and could be with their friends. They were in PG every morning so I guess friends weren't that important to them.

Edited by frankc98376

I agree that non suite guests should not use suite perks, however I sailed alone with 3 minors (13, 10, and 8) and we had 2 cabins. So I was allowed to book minors in their own cabin as long as they were next door or across the hall

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Before you deleted this you had posted that the 2 in the inside cabin were minors.

["Well, my daughters are minors. They easily could have been in our Neptune Suites but we all prefer to have 2 cabins for the extra room and bathroom. At their age, they would never use the amenities provided by the NS so I wouldn't consider "upgrading their suite." However, it would have been cheaper for me to put all 4 of us in the NS instead of getting 2 cabins so I don't feel like I'm cheating HAL if they were to use the Neptune Lounge once or even get to board with us."]

Now that's simply not possible - HAL won't allow you to book a cabin for minors only. So you booked the NS for an adult and a minor and the inside for an adult and a minor. Those in the NS can enjoy the perks. Those not in the NS can't. It's really simple.

You then went on to say how you could have booked all 4 into the NS (don't think so, as I remember the limit to be 3) but that the two cabins you did book cost more so you weren't "cheating" HAL. But you are cheating the other NS guests. You are ignoring the rules for your own benefit.

I think many NS sleep 4. Other than that small correction, I agree with you.

Many people book one adult and one kid into each cabin and then switch when they get on board. But in this case, only one adult would have a key card that gets them into the NS. I don't think it's possible to go to the front desk and get cards re-coded to reflect the change in sleeping arrangements.

I bet it was Raj or Tim. Both are great guys and yes- they are both are very good remembering the NS guest's faces.

We have dinner in PG every night so PGM already knows us when we come down first morning. We saw him turning away many people though. One couple was complaing that they weren't able to have breakfast with their friends that were not in a NS. He told them that they were welcome in MDR and could be with their friends. They were in PG every morning so I guess friends weren't that important to them.

Yes, indeed it was Raj. An excellent PG Manager and utter gentleman.

• 4 months later...
I think many NS sleep 4. Other than that small correction, I agree with you.

Many people book one adult and one kid into each cabin and then switch when they get on board. But in this case, only one adult would have a key card that gets them into the NS. I don't think it's possible to go to the front desk and get cards re-coded to reflect the change in sleeping arrangements.

It may have changed since our last cruise, but we have done this on at least 6 cruises. That is, booked two rooms (typically a verandah and an inside directly across) and then, once onboard, switched occupants at the front desk so that the kids are in the inside and spouse and I are in the verandah.

• 8 months later...
Firsst time on HAL, Alaskan Cruise in June on the Westerdam in a Neptune Suite= Cat SC. How perky are the perks? Just want to verify that what they advertised is true so I know how to pack. Are the the binoculars and umbrellas worthy or should we bring our own? Free laundry and dry cleaning - is it overnight or does it take two to three days? Can the Concierge in the Neptune Lounge really do everything that they do at the front desk - cash checks? advance cash against the credit card? Can the Concierge really help in dinner seating assignments? Is the Champaigne in the Neptune Lounge on embarkation the only free cocktail they offer? Is there a cash bar in the Neptune Lounge? The in-suite High Tea appeals to me - is it for real? Any advise would be greatly appreciated - what has been your experience and how has having the extra perks enhanced your cruising experience? Thanks!

We just upgraded to Neptune Suite = how was your experience. Should we bring our own binoculars?

HI.

I haven't read every post in this thread.

Congrats on getting a Neptune suite.

I just sailed with 2 of us in a Neptune suite and another friend solo in a Balcony Room.

You can:

Board together. Disembark together, priority tender together, include as many guests as you like when making priority reservations. You can order room service for everyone to your suite. Don't forget to as for the evening appetizers for all 4 of you. They are delivered on request.

Bring back plates of snacks from the lounge to your room for all 4 of you, including coffee, water, juices etc.

You can't normally, without permission: :

Use the Pinnacle Grill for breakfast together. There simply aren't enough seats. (51)

Go to the Neptune Lounge.

(It's the same menu as the MDR...so who cares? Also the Lido has so many fun choices, it's the best breakfast onboard!)

You CAN- Ask the Neptune Concierge to request permission to bring your kids along. They put in the request with the hotel manager. On our cruise we were allowed to bring our solo travelers with us, but they emphasized that was a very special exception and not allowed on "regular cruises". We were on a charter and the Pinnacle was empty during breakfast.

The Neptune suites have binoculars and blankets for the balcony.

We have never done this cabin category before so it was neat to try it out.

Having access to the Neptune Lounge was great. I went in a lot for snacks, drinks, etc. I'd say the best thing about it though, was the concierge. They were so helpful and you didn't have to stand in line at the front desk. They helped with dinner reservations, onboard account questions, excursions, boarding passes, luggage, etc. The alcohol is on an honor system. I think you pay cash but not sure.

The binoculars were great. No need to bring yours. We did not use the umbrella but it looked like it was in good shape. Blankets were useful but we actually bought shawls in the gift shop for $10. Bargain and really kept us warm when needed.

Dry cleaning was wonderful! We used it, I think, three times. And it was nice to have clean clothes to bring back! It was overnight - very quickly.

High Tea was awesome! Please make sure you do it once. We had our girls with us and ordered for them also. It was incredible having it on our balcony.

It was definitely worth trying once but and if I got a great deal I'd do it again. But only if I got a good deal. I always try to get a cabin on the back of the boat so our balcony was huge. Even though at times it was chilly, we sat on it a lot.

Have a great time!

Bon Voyage!

We have never done this cabin category before so it was neat to try it out.

Having access to the Neptune Lounge was great. I went in a lot for snacks, drinks, etc. I'd say the best thing about it though, was the concierge. They were so helpful and you didn't have to stand in line at the front desk. They helped with dinner reservations, onboard account questions, excursions, boarding passes, luggage, etc. The alcohol is on an honor system. I think you pay cash but not sure.

The binoculars were great. No need to bring yours. We did not use the umbrella but it looked like it was in good shape. Blankets were useful but we actually bought shawls in the gift shop for $10. Bargain and really kept us warm when needed.

Dry cleaning was wonderful! We used it, I think, three times. And it was nice to have clean clothes to bring back! It was overnight - very quickly.

High Tea was awesome! Please make sure you do it once. We had our girls with us and ordered for them also. It was incredible having it on our balcony.

It was definitely worth trying once but and if I got a great deal I'd do it again. But only if I got a good deal. I always try to get a cabin on the back of the boat so our balcony was huge. Even though at times it was chilly, we sat on it a lot.

Have a great time!

Bon Voyage!

Can you explain what you mean about alcohol being on the honor system? Can't they just scan your card to see if you have the drinks package?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Forums mobile app