Neptune Suite - How perky are the perks?

You write up your own charge ticket for your drink and mix it yourself.

Room #- Signature-

I think you get "charged" at the bars as well.... then it's "removed" by the computer system if you have a package.

Yes, that is correct what Skysurfr replied. The alcohol is on a beverage cart with glasses, ice, etc. and you help yourself. You fill out the form and leave it there. (I never did this though - I just went to the bars/lounges.)

LiveLifeLoud I don't remember seeing wine or beer but I'm sure they have it in a refrigerator. You will enjoy the Neptune Suite. Have fun!!

Bon Voyage!

We were delighted with our Neptune Suite on the Maasdam. It was our first HAL cruise but not our last. We have booked a Neptune Suite for 14 day Southern Caribbean cruise in December on her sister ship the Veendam. We are really looking forward to it.

Happy sailing wherever you may go next. Cruising is a fantastic way to travel!

• 2 weeks later...
Before you deleted this you had posted that the 2 in the inside cabin were minors.

["Well, my daughters are minors. They easily could have been in our Neptune Suites but we all prefer to have 2 cabins for the extra room and bathroom. At their age, they would never use the amenities provided by the NS so I wouldn't consider "upgrading their suite." However, it would have been cheaper for me to put all 4 of us in the NS instead of getting 2 cabins so I don't feel like I'm cheating HAL if they were to use the Neptune Lounge once or even get to board with us."]

Now that's simply not possible - HAL won't allow you to book a cabin for minors only. So you booked the NS for an adult and a minor and the inside for an adult and a minor. Those in the NS can enjoy the perks. Those not in the NS can't. It's really simple.

You then went on to say how you could have booked all 4 into the NS (don't think so, as I remember the limit to be 3) but that the two cabins you did book cost more so you weren't "cheating" HAL. But you are cheating the other NS guests. You are ignoring the rules for your own benefit.

Some lines allow minors to book their own Cabins (near location of parents) and use perks like priority boarding since they can't board by themselves.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Firsst time on HAL, Alaskan Cruise in June on the Westerdam in a Neptune Suite= Cat SC. How perky are the perks? Just want to verify that what they advertised is true so I know how to pack. Are the the binoculars and umbrellas worthy or should we bring our own? Free laundry and dry cleaning - is it overnight or does it take two to three days? Can the Concierge in the Neptune Lounge really do everything that they do at the front desk - cash checks? advance cash against the credit card? Can the Concierge really help in dinner seating assignments? Is the Champaigne in the Neptune Lounge on embarkation the only free cocktail they offer? Is there a cash bar in the Neptune Lounge? The in-suite High Tea appeals to me - is it for real? Any advise would be greatly appreciated - what has been your experience and how has having the extra perks enhanced your cruising experience? Thanks!

Just returned from 7 glorious day in a Neptune Suite. First time sailing in that category. Flash sale at drastically reduced prices enticed us, and now we're so spoiled we don't want to go back to our usual category. Unfortunately, we must if we want to cruise as often as we do, but we'll sure miss those perks. Binoculars were brand-new, umbrella is golf size (although we never needed it). So save the space and weight in your suitcase and leave those two items at home. Yes, they can solve problems very quickly and to your satisfaction. They were constantly asking how they could help us. They will print your boarding pass on return flight which was a big help to us, since we simply checked in at curb-side without having to wait in the longer inside line. We only sent laundry out one morning, and it was back at 5 that afternoon. I don't know if this time frame always applies, but we were impressed.

When we first boarded we already knew which table we wanted to book for dinner, turned it over to the concierge, who booked us at that table for all 7 nights. We had champagne on three occasions in the Neptune. Free wine was available daily, but we never had any. Again, I don't know if this is standard or not, but it's what we got on our cruise. No cash bar with alcohol in Neptune, but they do have soft drinks. It's on the honor system for you to report that you've taken X number of cans. No one seemed concerned if passengers took cans without reporting it. We never had any of the soft drinks either. Yes, you can have afternoon tea or before dinner snacks delivered to the suite. Just let the concierge know that morning, so she can arrange it. She can also arrange to have in-suite dining if you request it.

Two of the perks we thought particularly appealing was the additional gourmet chocolates in the little box on formal nights. We packed them and brought them home to enjoy. They were luscious. On the first night, the steward will leave wrapped slippers on the bed. Beside the bed, on the floor, is a white, pristine cloth, so if you wake in the night and need to get out of bed, your feet don't touch the floor while you root around for the slippers. We wondered if Queen Elizabeth garners such treatment!

Anyway, you'll love the suite. The extra room alone was worth it. Oh my gosh, it was huge, over 400 square feet of pure luxury. DH & I especially enjoyed the double vanity and showers on formal nights, as we could both get ready at the same time. Cuts the preparation time in half. We also loved going to the PG for breakfast. It was never crowded, very quiet, unhurried, and gracious service. The expanded room service breakfast menu (we ordered breakfast room service one morning) was nice. The smoothie is really tasty. Enjoy your cruise and the perks. As for me, I'm trying to figure out how we can afford another stay in a NS.

Just returned from 7 glorious day in a Neptune Suite. First time sailing in that category. Flash sale at drastically reduced prices enticed us, and now we're so spoiled we don't want to go back to our usual category. Unfortunately, we must if we want to cruise as often as we do, but we'll sure miss those perks. Binoculars were brand-new, umbrella is golf size (although we never needed it). So save the space and weight in your suitcase and leave those two items at home. Yes, they can solve problems very quickly and to your satisfaction. They were constantly asking how they could help us. They will print your boarding pass on return flight which was a big help to us, since we simply checked in at curb-side without having to wait in the longer inside line. We only sent laundry out one morning, and it was back at 5 that afternoon. I don't know if this time frame always applies, but we were impressed.

When we first boarded we already knew which table we wanted to book for dinner, turned it over to the concierge, who booked us at that table for all 7 nights. We had champagne on three occasions in the Neptune. Free wine was available daily, but we never had any. Again, I don't know if this is standard or not, but it's what we got on our cruise. No cash bar with alcohol in Neptune, but they do have soft drinks. It's on the honor system for you to report that you've taken X number of cans. No one seemed concerned if passengers took cans without reporting it. We never had any of the soft drinks either. Yes, you can have afternoon tea or before dinner snacks delivered to the suite. Just let the concierge know that morning, so she can arrange it. She can also arrange to have in-suite dining if you request it.

Two of the perks we thought particularly appealing was the additional gourmet chocolates in the little box on formal nights. We packed them and brought them home to enjoy. They were luscious. On the first night, the steward will leave wrapped slippers on the bed. Beside the bed, on the floor, is a white, pristine cloth, so if you wake in the night and need to get out of bed, your feet don't touch the floor while you root around for the slippers. We wondered if Queen Elizabeth garners such treatment!

Anyway, you'll love the suite. The extra room alone was worth it. Oh my gosh, it was huge, over 400 square feet of pure luxury. DH & I especially enjoyed the double vanity and showers on formal nights, as we could both get ready at the same time. Cuts the preparation time in half. We also loved going to the PG for breakfast. It was never crowded, very quiet, unhurried, and gracious service. The expanded room service breakfast menu (we ordered breakfast room service one morning) was nice. The smoothie is really tasty. Enjoy your cruise and the perks. As for me, I'm trying to figure out how we can afford another stay in a NS.

Thanks for your report of your Neptune Suite. Yes, a difficult habit to break... ;)

I don't recall hearing about complimentary wine in the lounge before.

[edited to save space] Did you notice that the floor cloth said "Good night" along one side and "Good morning" along the other? I think that's so cute!

Glad you enjoyed the Neptune Experience!

We cruised Westy last year and Oosty this year. On both ships, there was a 'cash bar' in the Neptune Lounge. Actually, there was a selection of drinks and mixers and a sheet to note what you had taken. I did notice that the bar had been moved from the far end of the Lounge on Westy to a location much closer to the Concierge on Oosty.

I heard there was complimentary wine at sailaway in the lounge but I can't confirm that based upon personal observation. There was a bottle of sparkling wine in our suite upon embarkation but it was not something I found palatable.

We cruised Westy last year and Oosty this year. On both ships, there was a 'cash bar' in the Neptune Lounge. Actually, there was a selection of drinks and mixers and a sheet to note what you had taken. I did notice that the bar had been moved from the far end of the Lounge on Westy to a location much closer to the Concierge on Oosty.

I heard there was complimentary wine at sailaway in the lounge but I can't confirm that based upon personal observation. There was a bottle of sparkling wine in our suite upon embarkation but it was not something I found palatable.

The honor bar was near the concierge desk on Zuiderdam, too. I never saw free wine, but on embarkation day, there was sparking wine in the lounge at mid-day. I don't know if it was still out by sailaway time.

The honor bar was near the concierge desk on Zuiderdam, too. I never saw free wine, but on embarkation day, there was sparking wine in the lounge at mid-day. I don't know if it was still out by sailaway time.

I have never experienced free wine in the Neptune, except for the first evening when they usually host a reception for Neptune guests, either in the Neptune Lounge or another location.

We have booked Neptune Suites for our last 4 Holland America cruises and love, love, love them. Especially the Neptune Lounge - love the food available throughout the day and we bring our dinner menus to the concierge every evening with our selections and she/he orders our dinners for us to eat in our suite. The free laundry is nice, although we also have that on Carnival because we are Platinums. The size of the cabins is nice and so is the balcony. We used the binoculars on our Panama Canal cruise last November.

We are looking forward to enjoying a Neptune suite on the Zaandam after our land portion of our cruise to Alaska. Leaving in 2 1/2 weeks! Finally almost here. Thanks to everyone who has responded to this thread. I love coming to CC and learning from all the experienced cruisers.

Sent from my XT1650 using Forums mobile app

On our last few cruises it was hit or miss for the free sparkling wine upon embarkation in the Neptune Lounge.

The free wine was available for the first night in the Neptune Lounge. No longer have the captain, hotel director or anyone else there except the concierges. Only a handful of people showed up.

On our last cruise the Honor Bar was set up originally in the back of the Neptune Lounge. People just helped themselves and didn't fill out the form. So the Bar was moved up near the concierge's desk. The prices of the drinks were the same price as in any lounge.

Have never been offered Champagne in the Neptune Lounge, only a sparkling wine.

Was the "free" wine served during a function?

Have never been offered Champagne in the Neptune Lounge, only a sparkling wine.

Was the "free" wine served during a function?

No. First day and last day during the late afternoon. Last day the Lounge was deserted. We suspected that most passengers were packing.

Our favorite NS perk is the free appetizers each afternoon. The Neptune Lounge offers hot or cold appetizers delivered to your stateroom and if pushed can show you a schedule of what is available.

Being especially fond of chicken wings and shrimp tempura with spicy Asian sauce, we have the Concierge place a standing order of both for 3:00 PM each afternoon. In spite of being warned that they may not be available, for the past four years the wings and shrimp have always arrived at our stateroom.

All of the shrimp and a few of the wings are consumed when received but a few wings find their way into the minibar next to my extra yogurt parfait from Room Service breakfast and a Ziploc bag of cheeses from lunch. We are always prepared for late snacks before retiring for the night.

Enjoy your afternoon appetizers.

No. First day and last day during the late afternoon. Last day the Lounge was deserted. We suspected that most passengers were packing.

Thanks for your reply.

Was there a selection of the "free"wine to choose from?

Shrimp tempura with spicy Asian sauce!! I booked a NS for my upcoming Alaska cruise because my traveling companion and I both use mobility aids and we wanted the extra space. Seeing a mention recently of lumpia being available in the Lido made me even more excited about my cruise now finding out about the shrimp tempura has made me even happier. If I find Viniq and/or Negro Modelo in the bars when I get onboard I'll think I've died and gone to heaven!

Sent from my iPad using Forums