Price Drop, Room Upgrade Question

Ten day until out cruise on the Freedom of the Sea and the price dropped again. I could upgrade from a hump balcony mid-ship on the 7th deck to a junior suite about half way down the hall (towards the bow) still mid-ship on the 9th deck for $10 per person, TOTAL!

I don't know this ship, any advise?

Thanks in advance!!!

Ten day until out cruise on the Freedom of the Sea and the price dropped again. I could upgrade from a hump balcony mid-ship on the 7th deck to a junior suite about half way down the hall (towards the bow) still mid-ship on the 9th deck for $10 per person, TOTAL!

I don't know this ship, any advise?

Thanks in advance!!!

If you can get a JS for that I would jump all over it!!!!

I agree, $10 for a JS is incredible. Probably half the ship is trying to call to upgrade at that price!

Hump balconies are nice, but do you really care if there's maybe an extra 20-30 square feet out there? I'd say no. But the extra room in a JS would be much appreciated.

Finally got through to someone and he states only a couple rooms available, an interior & ocean view. There is discrepancy with website possibly due to others booking or changing rooms.

Will keep trying!! Thanks for the input!

Finally got through to someone and he states only a couple rooms available, an interior & ocean view. There is discrepancy with website possibly due to others booking or changing rooms.

Will keep trying!! Thanks for the input!

See if you can put one on hold on the website. If you can, call book and release the hold and have them book it for you. :)

No can only book a new cruise, but I am not able to see the JR suites as available. I'll keep trying because you never know.

Won't complain if not though, I only have 9 days, a great balcony room and its a DD15yrs & mom trip! :D

For an upcoming cruise I have noticed that a guaranteed balcony cabin price has dropped to less that we have made final payment for an interior cabin. I rang RCL Uk for an upgrade and after 24 hours they have come back to say that it is not possible as we have already received OBC of $100.

Any views on this?

For an upcoming cruise I have noticed that a guaranteed balcony cabin price has dropped to less that we have made final payment for an interior cabin. I rang RCL Uk for an upgrade and after 24 hours they have come back to say that it is not possible as we have already received OBC of $100.

Any views on this?

Could very well be correct. Booking rules are different for European bookings.

Try looking for a different number of guests, also. A couple of years ago someone on CC mentioned that they had cancelled their JS on our next cruise and on a whim I went to look for prices. Nothing showed up when I searched for 2 pax, but it did when I searched for 4. No clue why, but I was able to call and upgrade for about $50/person, which was well worth it. For $10, it's an absolute steal! Hope you can get it!

Any views on this?

I'm from the Uk and for £100pp upgraded from an OV to a balcony gty. I would phone back. Never heard the OBC reason before.

Love, love, LOVE the JS's!

And the price you're trying to get ... terrific!

We've been in them on FOS, on deck 9, several times, and think that's a great location.

Hope it works out for you. Please let us know the outcome.

Have a great cruise wherever you end up.:)

Archived