Weather

Packerman52

So looking forward to our Breeze sailing this Sunday...the weather forecast for the entire week is T-storms/rain anywhere from 40 to 60% chance in each port!!! :(

It's not going to ruin our vacation!!!! Just need to think positively to keep the rain away!!!!

So looking forward to our Breeze sailing this Sunday...the weather forecast for the entire week is T-storms/rain anywhere from 40 to 60% chance in each port!!! :(

It's not going to ruin our vacation!!!! Just need to think positively to keep the rain away!!!!

Hopefully, the rain won't last - or won't happen!

Have a great cruise!

I wouldn't worry about it. Storms tend to come and go pretty quickly in the Caribbean. It's very similar to our weather in Florida. One minute it is pouring and the next it is sunny and clear.

Just realized I assumed it is a Caribbean cruise when that might not be the case. Either way I wouldn't worry. Weathermen are only right like 50% of the time. :)

That's pretty much the forecast for 360 days of the year.

was on the breeze 2 weeks ago with the same forcast and it never rained at any port except for 30 min in ocho rios.....have fun and tell the breeze i miss her lol

That's pretty much the forecast for 360 days of the year.

I guess I'm spoiled living here in the San Fernando Valley (LA)

We have 2 seasons, Rainy (Mid Nov to early March) and HOT the rest of the time!! :)

I wouldn't worry about it. Storms tend to come and go pretty quickly in the Caribbean. It's very similar to our weather in Florida. One minute it is pouring and the next it is sunny and clear.

Just realized I assumed it is a Caribbean cruise when that might not be the case. Either way I wouldn't worry. Weathermen are only right like 50% of the time. :)

That is what I was thinking (assuming its carribean). One cruise the forecast was for rain every day. We got rained on for about 10 minutes in St. Marten and it was nice the rest of the time. I have heard people say in Florida it rains almost every afternoon but not for long. I never noticed that, but many people say it. Perhaps it happened and it was so quick, I did not notice.

2 hrs until our planned arrival to Galveston to board the Magic....and it started raining here. It'll be our first to have rain on boarding day in 8 cruises. The odds have caught up to us.

I hope to get in the room early cause its going to be crowded inside common area with people trying to stay dry.

I know how you are feeling as we are cruising out of Miami on Saturday. My husband is a weather lover and the last week he has been showing me these "systems" developing in the caribbean and rolling into Florida. He is predicting a rainy embarkation day for us and who knows beyond that.

BUT....

I am in Tampa and we have had 60% Thunderstorm forecasts the last couple days and all of the this coming week. Yesterday, the T-storms came at 7 pm through the night (rest of day was great). Today I am looking outside a sunny window (90 degrees) and it looks like paradise. It will probably rain at some point today but it won't be all day. Hopefully this will be the same for our cruise.

Don't worry too much--I agree with previous posters--we cruise every summer and this is ALWAYS the forecast for every port we visit but then it never rains or does so quickly.

Our only total washout in the last 3 summers was the last day of our cruise last summer--crazy tropical storm and it did rain ALL day and ALL night. But we hung on our balcony, did inside activities, etc.

You will make the best of whatever weather you have but most likely it will be sunny and hot the majority of your trip. Bon Voyage!!

Make the best of it either way! We had rain almost every day on our Bahamas cruise last month, and both port days were told the same thing "Oh it usually rains about 15 minutes then moves on." Which didn't happen either day. It also looked like it wasn't supposed to rain on the last day at sea, but most of the day it did. I became a PRO at checking the lido cam and getting some time outside before people realized it wasn't raining anymore LOL

It was disapointing to have it rain so much but at the same time it SURE AS HECK beat a rainy day at home!! :D And now that it is a few weeks later and the weather has warmed up I'm guessing that the typical pattern of short rain storms will be more likely for you guys.

~Katy

I have had the most accurate weather forecast from weather underground . com.

It is the rainy season, but I wouldn't worry to much. Last 5 years, 4 cruises, 2 1 week long Caribbean land vacation and 2 1 week long Disney vacations, and we have yet had rain for more then 30 minutes. I know we are do for a wet vacation!

Same forecast for my cruise last week (just got back. Not one drop of rain in any port.

Archived