Suite perks on the Allure

Had the Aqua Suite in march - loved it - 2 bedrooms, one with a king (could be made into a twin) one with 2 single bunk beds, and a bed chesterfield in the living room.

We ordered room service breakfast most days - good selection, standard fair.

Balc can be noisy because there is something going on a lot of the time, shows or rehersals, but we enjoyed the fact that we could sit with a drink on the balc and we could all watch a show - shows can go on till after 11 if you want to bed early, it could bother you some. We had a a 7 & 9 yr old, so it was nice to put them to bed early a couple of nights and sit up for a bit before we went off to bed too.

Table in room for meals, and out on the deck as well, and lots of great outdoor seating!

We just got off the Allure and were also in an Aqua Theater Suite. Did you realize that you could order the same items being served in the Dinning Room?

I had my family write down their order the night before. I tend to be the early bird and would call the order in when the dinning room opened and requested a specific time for the meal to be delivered and without fail, each of our meals was served right on time! Lunch and Dinner is also available... you just need to order when the dinning room is open. :)

Edited by MR NW GUY

Has anyone seen Captain Morgan (not the CC member) in the CL on Allure? Can't get it in any other CL's.

If it is not there, ask for it. Not guaranteed but many times it appears the next day. This is especially true in the smaller CL's , not so sure on the Oasis/Allure:)

• 2 weeks later...
Are the menus the same for the CL, main dining room and suite room service? What is the procedure for ordering dinner in the suite?

You order dinner for a suite by calling room service. You can order off the full MDR menu. There is no dinner served in the CL.

You order dinner for a suite by calling room service. You can order off the full MDR menu. There is no dinner served in the CL.

Yes, know that there is no dinner served in the CL but at other times, is the menu the same in the CL for lunch and breakfast as it is in the main dining room or is it totally different?

Yes, know that there is no dinner served in the CL but at other times, is the menu the same in the CL for lunch and breakfast as it is in the main dining room or is it totally different?

The CL menu is different from the breakfast and lunch menu in the MDR.

This is a link to the breakfast menu in the CL: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=38704720&postcount=42

I don't have a link to the lunch menu in the CL.

Edited by clarea

The CL menu is different from the breakfast and lunch menu in the MDR.

This is a link to the breakfast menu in the CL: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=38704720&postcount=42

I don't have a link to the lunch menu in the CL.

Thank you very much! One last question. Is it imperative to make show or dinner reservations ahead of time? We just booked this trip last week and leave on Sunday (Allure). I am finding that all the good times have already been reserved. Should I book the available slots just to have something or can we just show up prior to show time and get a spot in the suite seating?

The breakfast menu in the CL is really scaled down from the MDR. And of course does not have the selection of the WJ.

We gave it a try....

Disappointed because it took so long to get our breakfast.

It was hot, but waited too long.

Sea Ya

Recently in a Crown Loft on Allure and pool towels were already in the suite, in addition you can get extra towels from the barman on the reserved suite sunbathing deck. If you have Karen or Marva as your stateroom attendant they are absolutely fantastic - best we have ever had on 35 cruises !!!

Marva is a saint!!!!

In fact I have enough shampoo and rinse too last me to our next cruise..........hmmmmm

Allure vs. Freedom

Gotta convince the DH:D

But you know what they say,

". . . if Mama not happy....no-one happy. . . :eek:"

Sea Ya

We are in an Owner's Suite so that is what I am asking: Can I just forget about making online reservations since all the desirable times are taken and ask the concierge nicely for two seats at each one of the shows that we would like to attend? Do I even have to ask the concierge? Can we just show up with our the "gold" card that I have heard about?

When we were on the Oasis last May the concierge put a sticker on the gold card and we were able to go in all of the shows without a reservation. We did have a reservation for the comedy show. The reserved seating in the main showroom is in the balcony. I don't know if they are still doing this. You are going to love the suite life on the big girls.

When we were on the Oasis last May the concierge put a sticker on the gold card and we were able to go in all of the shows without a reservation. We did have a reservation for the comedy show. The reserved seating in the main showroom is in the balcony. I don't know if they are still doing this. You are going to love the suite life on the big girls.

Wonderful to hear! Thanks! Hopefully, it is the same procedure!

We are in an Owner's Suite so that is what I am asking: Can I just forget about making online reservations since all the desirable times are taken and ask the concierge nicely for two seats at each one of the shows that we would like to attend? Do I even have to ask the concierge? Can we just show up with our the "gold" card that I have heard about?

Yes you can forget about making reservations for the shows. Just show up at least 20/30 minutes before the show begins and they will scan your card...then head for the reserved seating. If you show up later than you just take a seat anywhere that is available.

Your card is gold colored for an OS, you are good to go.........no stickers needed.

The exception to this is the Comedy Club. You must make reservations for this. The venue is small.

Edited by CruisesOnMyMind

Yes you can forget about making reservations for the shows. Just show up at least 20/30 minutes before the show begins and they will scan your card...then head for the reserved seating. If you show up later than you just take a seat anywhere that is available.

Your card is gold colored for an OS, you are good to go.........no stickers needed.

The exception to this is the Comedy Club. You must make reservations for this. The venue is small.

Thanks so much! I may be out of luck with the Comedy Club - no open spots for the entire week.

We just showed our gold card on the Allue this past July and got into every show except the Comedy Club....they formed a line so if people who booked did not show it was on first come first serve basis which was fair to all.

We did have reservations for the comedy club, and got in no problem.

Sea Ya

Edited by Lionesss

You undertand that there are no beer buckets in the Concierge Lounge. If you want beer buckets (or any drink) out by the pool, you will have to purchase them.

Can you reuse the beer bucket? I have mine from the Allure last year and headed back at the end of Sept.

Thanks