Quantum Keel Blocks are in the House!

I suppose that we could.

I actually recommend starting a new separate 'Everything' thread for the Anthem of the Seas for several reasons: those booked on AotS, but not on the same exact cruise, can ask generic questions that may have already been covered very early in the construction of QotS; the itineraries, especially the Caribbean sailings, may have different/specific interests than those sailing on her sister out of NYC in the Winter; there may be some small design or decor differences that are unique to AotS; this thread will eventually get so big it would be next to impossible to search for answers to questions using the Search function.

The new Anthem thread can begin with pictures of the mega-blocks in the lagoon, and then back in the shed, then proceed from there.

Anthem of the Seas deserves its own thread. ;)

:D

Are we going to keep this thread going for the remaining Anthem construction? I'm not ready to say goodbye to this little Quantum family yet!

When I said Goodbye (Post 5277 HERE) to our little family on the 'Everything Royal Princess' thread we were a very tight 'family' (the accolades and farewells went on for pages), but eventually all good things must come to an end. Our thread lasted six months, and this thread still has a while to go before Quantum reaches NYC.

Edited by dmwnc1959

I suppose that we could.

7299bb385263b66e5b9121198b589935.jpg

From http://www.noz.de/lokales/papenburg/artikel/498888/premiere-beim-schiffbau-auf-der-meyer-werft#lightbox&0&1&498888

Both Anthem of the Seas megablocks back inside Hall 6.

bloecke-anthem-of-the-seas-meyer-werft_full.jpg

6d25a13b470c8129ac3d12415cc82f92.jpg

putting the two Anthem blocks back required absolute precision because once the dock is drained there isn't a crane in the building that is going to move either of the mega blocks.

I was just looking at the live stream and justed noticed that it appears that the supports for the lifeboats are different (more obstuction) than what is shown in the pictures of the ship put out by RCCL.

Pat

where is the live stream? i wanna see. going on her in march 2015

If you're planning on getting a selfie with the bear on the Quantum of the Seas, one piece of advice...

Bring a step ladder.

a42b2bf1cfbe08fe17b5132ad8e26fd5.jpg

I was thinking about a Foot Shot. Could quiz my friends. Guess what animal I am standing next to?

Denise

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I actually recommend starting a new separate 'Everything' thread for the Anthem of the Seas for several reasons: those booked on AotS, but not on the same exact cruise, can ask generic questions that may have already been covered very early in the construction of QotS; the itineraries, especially the Caribbean sailings, may have different/specific interests than those sailing on her sister out of NYC in the Winter; there may be some small design or decor differences that are unique to AotS; this thread will eventually get so big it would be next to impossible to search for answers to questions using the Search function.

The new Anthem thread can begin with pictures of the mega-blocks in the lagoon, and then back in the shed, then proceed from there.

Anthem of the Seas deserves its own thread. ;)

Agree.

I suppose that we could.

7299bb385263b66e5b9121198b589935.jpg

From http://www.noz.de/lokales/papenburg/artikel/498888/premiere-beim-schiffbau-auf-der-meyer-werft#lightbox&0&1&498888

Both Anthem of the Seas megablocks back inside Hall 6.

bloecke-anthem-of-the-seas-meyer-werft_full.jpg

6d25a13b470c8129ac3d12415cc82f92.jpg

These pictures are very fascinating regarding the joining of the two Anthem mega blocks. Everyone in this ship yard plays a major role in the construction, but as I look at the last picture in the post, those guys (with surveyor type instrument) have huge task right there as they have to make sure their measurements are precise and dead on for the blocks to fit together.

I mentioned this earlier. There will be eight of the big lifeboats on each side of the ship. While the original renderings showed 9, it was apparently changed.

We have an obstructed balcony deck six cabin 6168 on one of our Quantum legs. From the look of the photos once the lifeboats are in place there is a far greater obstruction than on other ships we have been on. It appears that the lifeboats sit around level with the railing. Anyone have any thoughts or observations on this?

Since I'm booked on both Quantum and Anthem, I'd love to see a new thread on Anthem.

It would be awesome to get excited all over again, plus the Q deserves the attention right up until her paying voyage...and beyond?

Hmmmm. Then maybe I shouldn't post theses photos here. ;)

10292438_10205090549449581_8281626160979643567_n.jpg

10410245_10205090549569584_5606743676014843893_n.jpg

If anybody wants a new thread, they can create it.

'Anthem Megablocks Are in the House' ? :D

Keep them coming Lloyd ! You are the source for the update info

Why don't see create since you're the one with access

to all the pics

I agree. A very nice looking ship but i think most of us feel that one thing RCCL does extremely well is design and build ships. By far the leader in the industry. :) I also noticed from the recent float out photos that RCI has continued the nice sized generous balconies compared to the recent Princess and NCL new builds.

I agree 100%. The tiny balconies on Princess are a waste. Being a huge balcony lover I can't imagine a tiny balcony. I believe the Oasis Class design was 100% genius.

I can't wait to see how the Quantum Class compares. It will be the live CC reports in the future that will give us a true idea.:)

I agree 100%. The tiny balconies on Princess are a waste. Being a huge balcony lover I can't imagine a tiny balcony. I believe the Oasis Class design was 100% genius.

I can't wait to see how the Quantum Class compares. It will be the live CC reports in the future that will give us a true idea.:)

Yep! We'll be on Breakaway in less than 90 days now... I know I'll miss those generous Oasis Class balconies. I booked an E balcony on Anthem, for which the balcony looks positively palatial for a standard cabin.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app