Quantum Keel Blocks are in the House!

Perhaps there is no purpose for the opening. The more and more I look at QOTS it appears Royal just took the hull design from Celebrity Solstice Class and added the Voyager to Freedom multiplier to increase the size. Solstice class also has this opening in the bow behind the helipad.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Agreed - it's very clearly a step-sister to Solstice

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Perhaps there is no purpose for the opening. The more and more I look at QOTS it appears Royal just took the hull design from Celebrity Solstice Class and added the Voyager to Freedom multiplier to increase the size. Solstice class also has this opening in the bow behind the helipad.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

It is a 'crew welfare' issue. While Voyager and Freedom class have an outdoor area for crew behind a wall on deck 5, it appears that ship design advanced to include this area in general.

The recent Meyer Werft builds, Norwegian Breakaway and Norwegian Getaway also have this same design.

It seems that this design does not contribute to having the area open to passengers outside of special events while in port or for the intended use.

That for Quantum or for the Anthem block (which should have been today correct?)

The Quantum float is delayed. I don't know if the Anthem float out is delayed, too: http://www.meyerwerft.de/en/meyerwerft_de/medien/wichtige_termine/wichtige_termine.jsp

I suppose that they will float out the Anthem block today or tomorrow, because the weather is quite good.

EDIT: Anthem block float out maybe on Monday: http://www.schiffe-und-kreuzfahrten.de/ausdocken-der-quantum-of-the-seas-verschiebt-sich/

Edited by HD1080ide

A new press release by Meyer Werft says that they will announce a new float out date in the beginning of the next week.

An article on ndr.de says that they need 12 hours for the entire process (I think they mean Anthem+Quantum float out + Anthem float in). So it is still possible that all the work will be done in a single day. It would be nice to see that.:D

A new press release by Meyer Werft says that they will announce a new float out date in the beginning of the next week.

An article on ndr.de says that they need 12 hours for the entire process (I think they mean Anthem+Quantum float out + Anthem float in). So it is still possible that all the work will be done in a single day. It would be nice to see that.:D

Sounds more like a punch list problem than a weather delay. IMO, something's not finished that can only be finished indoors;)

Sounds more like a punch list problem than a weather delay. IMO, something's not finished that can only be finished indoors;)

Looking at the weather forecast for there I would agree. If the weather on Saturday morning (light AM rain) is an issue I would not expect her out until Thursday as things just get worse on Sunday and Monday with rain remaining Tuesday and Wednesday. Winds are around 15mph as well.

Edited by DEIx15x8

I wonder with all the unknowns at this point, if there was a big change order considering quantum is going to china. I wonder if there are trying to minimize the impact for the transit since it will be revenue generating

It could also be that the Anthem megablock isn't quite buttoned down enough to float out, and Quantum can't move until it does.

Looking at the weather forecast for there I would agree. If the weather on Saturday morning (light AM rain) is an issue I would not expect her out until Thursday as things just get worse on Sunday and Monday with rain remaining Tuesday and Wednesday. Winds are around 15mph as well.

looks like Thursday now:

http://www.ndr.de/nachrichten/niedersachsen/oldenburg_ostfriesland/Quantum-of-the-Seas-muss-im-Dock-bleiben,quantum102.html

A small picture update.

Tyron - That is a great shot of Anthem almost all set to float out before Quantum.

Edit: Also nice close-up of the Solarium and Spa/Fitness blocks.

Thanks for sharing.

Edited by Tall-Cruiser

Tyron - That is a great shot of Anthem almost all set to float out before Quantum.

Edit: Also nice close-up of the Solarium and Spa/Fitness blocks.

Thanks for sharing.

It appears they've made a LOT of progress with the Anthem block. :D :cool: