Quantum Keel Blocks are in the House!

From www.schiffsjournal.de

http://www.schiffsjournal.de/ausdocken-der-quantum-of-the-seas-rettungsboote-sind-auf-dem-weg-zur-meyer-werft/

The 12,50 meters long and 5.40 meters wide boats are on their way by barge from the Fassmer shipyard in Motz on the Ems.

Ein-Rettungsboot-der-Quantum-of-the-Seas-aus-der-Fassmer-Werft-1024x486.jpg

You deserve a free cruise on the Quantum. You've given us more pics and information than RCL. Much appreciated. :cool:

How the heck did someone snap this photo?!!

Oh well. It's a nice one! We've never seen the ship from this angle! :D

5e1131c4ceb5e852b485784a37bcb82b.jpg

Interesting view. We are on Deck 13 on the Dec 1 sailing almost directly under this shot.

http://www.schiffsjournal.de/ausdocken-der-quantum-of-the-seas-rettungsboote-sind-auf-dem-weg-zur-meyer-werft/

The 12,50 meters long and 5.40 meters wide boats are on their way by barge from the Fassmer shipyard in Motz on the Ems.

The windows and curves on that really make it look more modern than the ones found on every other Royal Caribbean ship.

Lloyd -Those are cool looking Lifeboats. Thanks for sharing all the great pictures, and I second Tyron's comment.

On the picture you posted ahead on this one looks like someone took it from a window (opening) on deck 14 starboard forward. Another great shot.

Edited by Tall-Cruiser

Thanks Lloyd! My question answered. So Fassmer it is!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Nice shot! Are those round windows the portholes in the SGS and OS someone was asking about earlier in this thread? I think that makes sense based on the location. It looks like the second one from the bottom doesn't have one - hopefully that's just a trick of the light or else some poor sap ends up without a porthole like everyone else. :D

Edited by karmacats
typo

Given were they currently are in the building phase on Anthem, I would guess those blocks are for NCL Escape. During the Quantum build process the last blocks to arrive were for the bow sections. For Anthem you shared those here not too long ago.

Nice shot! Are those round windows the portholes in the SGS and OS someone was asking about earlier in this thread? I think that makes sense based on the location. It looks like the second one from the bottom doesn't have one - hopefully that's just a trick of the light or else some poor sap ends up without a porthole like everyone else. :D

Zooming in I see it. Kind of covered, but it's there.

Ok with this shot is it an optical illusion? The deck of windows below the top deck, is it 2 stories tall or is that a ledge of glass. Its really hard to tell. Almost looks like you could walk out on it. I'm confused....

Ok with this shot is it an optical illusion? The deck of windows below the top deck, is it 2 stories tall or is that a ledge of glass. Its really hard to tell. Almost looks like you could walk out on it. I'm confused....

Optical illusion indeed. I saw it too!

Optical illusion indeed. I saw it too!

It's not an optical illusion, it just LOOKS like an optical illusion.

;)

Edited by papcx

It's not an optical illusion, it just LOOKS like an optical illusion.

;)

Another optical illusion? No, another shot taken from high up; maybe from whatever block the white plastic is covering? :D

5423c28307e11459b6a8e2ffb7ece99b.jpg

Edited by Lloyd555

Another optical illusion? No, another shot taken from high up; maybe from whatever block the white plastic is covering? :D

5423c28307e11459b6a8e2ffb7ece99b.jpg

I think this may be taken from the same exact location as the last, just looking strait down now. You can see the way it goes in like the balconies do toward the front (as well as a few other spots).

The requirement for a card in a slot by the door is quite common in newer European hotels. As long as it placed in an obvious spot (close to the door handle to remind you of it) most folks will not have an issue. In most hotels, some outlets (by the desk) do stay on even when the card is removed.

Westin hotels have begun switching over to these as well. I don't mind saving energy. In the end, the passengers are the ones who pay for it.