Quantum Keel Blocks are in the House!

In the shots of the insides of the cabins while at the factory, I am seeing the factory floor. I assumed that each cabin had its own floor before being inserted into the ship, but instead is 'bottomless'. So the ship's deck becomes the cabin's actual floor rather than sit a self-contained cabin on the deck. I guess that it makes sense, as it saves on material required to put a floor in when it's not needed.

I wouldn't mind seeing how the cabin is connected/joined to the ship deck and walls.

CabinatEMSPrecab_zps98f46c50.jpg

Edited by Lloyd555

Float out is now on August 2. Trying to confirm a time. Told that employees and tugs will be ready in the hall to go at 0700.

Eep! That's 1:00 am in Ottawa. Guess I'll have a nap before and after. :D

Float out is now on August 2. Trying to confirm a time. Told that employees and tugs will be ready in the hall to go at 0700.

At least it's a Friday night or Saturday morning depending on your location and not mid week.

Time confirmed - 0700

In the shots of the insides of the cabins while at the factory, I am seeing the factory floor. I assumed that each cabin had its own floor before being inserted into the ship, but instead is 'bottomless'. So the ship's deck becomes the cabin's actual floor rather than sit a self-contained cabin on the deck. I guess that it makes sense, as it saves on material required to put a floor in when it's not needed.

I wouldn't mind seeing how the cabin is connected/joined to the ship deck and walls.

CabinatEMSPrecab_zps98f46c50.jpg

About 1:35 into the video there's a shot of one of the cabins complete with floor and carpet, so my take is that they're mated with the floor after all of the "dirt" work on the walls; ceiling, and fixtures is done in order to protect the carpet, and then the completed unit is installed onboard.

So with Quantum coming out on Aug 2nd does that mean the Anthem section will come out the day before or is it the start time for both?

Pete

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Waiting for answer on that. Will keep you posted.

Guest maddycat
I wouldn't be surprised if the standard cabins have the phone booth style shower and the higher end cabins have the hinge mounted doors.

I don't think that the hinge mounted doors will be an improvement. When the door swings open it will drip on the bathroom floor.

State-of-the-Art Accommodations for Quantum: Inside Meyer Werft's Cabin Factory

http://www.royalcaribbeanpresscenter.com/video/424/state-of-the-art-accommodations-for-quantum-inside-meyer-werfts-cabin-factory/

A lot of good shots of the inside of cabins.

Also have a visitor photo from today:

Great video. Thanks for sharing the link!

Watching the video, it appears the cabin door lock will be the same as on DISNEY DREAM and DISNEY FANTASY (built at the same shipyard). Instead of having to slide your cruise card into the slot to unlock, you simply tap it to a small panel on the outside of the door and it unlocks. A small but nice detail!

About 1:35 into the video there's a shot of one of the cabins complete with floor and carpet, so my take is that they're mated with the floor after all of the "dirt" work on the walls; ceiling, and fixtures is done in order to protect the carpet, and then the completed unit is installed onboard.

That shot is inside the ship (Note balcony doors). So that can be the deck the employee is working on, or as you say, a floor mated on the rest of the cabin before shipping the completed cabin to Meyer Werft.

5ec73169e26239a0fd6c19e689780916.jpg

There is this old photo of a cabin without a floor being lifted by crane. Don't know where it is being lifted - at factory or at the ship.

modular-cabin-crane.jpg