Quantum Keel Blocks are in the House!

I don't think that the propellers have been installed yet. They weren't on the RCI PR tweeted photo (?) from a while back, nor this April photo.

ty7e8uty.jpg

It may be a shadow, but if you look closely at the plastic, there's a silhouette of what appears to be a propeller on the other side of the plastic (at least that's how it looks on my shiny new macbook pro with retina display :D)

EDIT: Nevermind - closer examination is that it's a shadow cast from the light behind the azipod!

Edited by Overtyme

Those things fitted to the azipods are zero thrust propellers. Its so they can test the pods while the ship is stationary.

One thing I don't like is the size of the bow lettering, it's comically large. They should have made it the same size as it is on Oasis/Freedom/Voyager

Edited by littlesteelo

I keep saying that they build ships like they're made of LEGO blocks ...

Tweeted by @Andrew_SW yesterday...

If ever there was a fantastic Lego model, its this one of @cunardline QM2. 780000 bricks and weighs 870kg!

BtZBR-nCYAAnKYM.jpg:large

Edited by Lloyd555

I just thought that maybe the german site that said the flout out was the second got confused, maybe the second anthem block will flout out on the second and the Quantum of the Seas will flout out on there third

It would be nice if Meyer Werft would make an official statement about the date. I just checked a German forum and someone said that a response to a query about the date from MW said Aug. 4th!! NOZ.de article and someone 'in-the-know' from the FB Quantum group say August 2. Oh well, as we have been patient for RCI reveals, we shall have to be patient for an official time and date. :D

image.jpg

what are the rooms with what appear to be oval windows rather than rectangular doors

On the deck plan the ones you circled are E1. To the left on deck 7 and 8 they are the Accessible Superior Balcony. I believe some of the other suites along the starboard and port sides also have these windows.

On the deck plan the ones you circled are E1. To the left on deck 7 and 8 they are the Accessible Superior Balcony. I believe some of the other suites along the starboard and port sides also have these windows.

Thanks Tall Cruiser. I have an E1 booked so was wondering if that was them and what the difference is (apart from the larger balcony and slightly smaller cabin)..

Thanks Tall Cruiser. I have an E1 booked so was wondering if that was them and what the difference is (apart from the larger balcony and slightly smaller cabin)..

The E1's while not as lengthy (deep) as a D1 thru D8 it is very wide, thus the larger balcony almost the size of Spa JS or Family JS (in fact its bigger by a foot).

Edited by Tall-Cruiser

Interesting the randomness. I see 2 E1s on the deck plan on decks 6 and 7 side by side but seems only one has these windows. Or am I missing something?

BTW Lloyd, those luggage tags would make the perfect wrapping paper for the box containing a cruise gift...or the gift of a cruise. I think you're on to something here. :D Wonder what the Minions think...

Denise

Interesting the randomness. I see 2 E1s on the deck plan on decks 6 and 7 side by side but seems only one has these windows. Or am I missing something?

BTW Lloyd, those luggage tags would make the perfect wrapping paper for the box containing a cruise gift...or the gift of a cruise. I think you're on to something here. :D Wonder what the Minions think...

Denise

Actually that post was meant for my roll call!! I reported it to the C.C. higher ups to remove it. My bad.

Just keep missing the angle of the hump of Quantum. Anxious to see a closer view of Sup. Grand Suite - which I think will have 2 sliding glass doors and a LARGE porthole on the side. The last 2 pics of the hump were wonderful, but not quite at the angle to see how large this 259 sq. foot balcony will be. Can't wait till people sail and start posting pics of everything!!!

Just keep missing the angle of the hump of Quantum. Anxious to see a closer view of Sup. Grand Suite - which I think will have 2 sliding glass doors and a LARGE porthole on the side. The last 2 pics of the hump were wonderful, but not quite at the angle to see how large this 259 sq. foot balcony will be. Can't wait till people sail and start posting pics of everything!!!

Give me some cabin numbers for the Grand Suite as examples please. I may have seen a photo of these areas.

Lloyd - this is most kind of you. As usual, you are going above and beyond the call of duty. Considering we booked one of these cabins MAY a YEAR ago, I am disappointed that there are no floor plans as such - some cabins show floor plans but this cat. does not.

OK, as you requested - Superior Grand suite cabin numbers:

Port side - 6234, 7234, 8234, 13234

Starboard side - 6634, 7634, 8634, 13634

These would be the angled balconies at the end of the "hump" facing toward the front of your ship. Suite is 351 square feet and the balcony alone is 259 square feet (larger than many cabins I have sailed). I will be interesting to see where the balcony divider will be placed so one hopefully has a clear view of the sea from the large porthole.

Thanks for your time - can't wait to watch the float out next week!!

Lloyd - this is most kind of you. As usual, you are going above and beyond the call of duty. Considering we booked one of these cabins MAY a YEAR ago, I am disappointed that there are no floor plans as such - some cabins show floor plans but this cat. does not.

OK, as you requested - Superior Grand suite cabin numbers:

Port side - 6234, 7234, 8234, 13234

Starboard side - 6634, 7634, 8634, 13634

These would be the angled balconies at the end of the "hump" facing toward the front of your ship. Suite is 351 square feet and the balcony alone is 259 square feet (larger than many cabins I have sailed). I will be interesting to see where the balcony divider will be placed so one hopefully has a clear view of the sea from the large porthole.

Thanks for your time - can't wait to watch the float out next week!!

Sorry. no photos with a good view of the view you're interested.

In a few days we'll get plenty of images to look at.

Edited by Lloyd555

Denise

If you look close, (also on deck 7 and 8 Accessible Balconies) each of those areas have two of those oval type windows side by side. It would seem that one goes with the cabin on the right and the other for the cabin on the left.

Thanks for trying - appreciate it - AND you are right - next week at this time we should have plenty of pics to look at.

Here's another 'open back door' photo from this weekend to make up for it. And why is there what appears to be a giant gorilla on deck 15?

10522089_10204939448232145_3015904574104052882_n.jpg?oh=270fcaaf292fc8a95e08ab476a2784f8&oe=5450D78E