Steelers Cruise - March 2014

I just found out about the cruise this morning when I checked my personal email--I get Steelers email occasionally. Was so excited until I looked at the pricing and saw that final payment was due in September for a March 2014 cruise :( I can't swing it this summer when we're trying to sell and buy a house.

There is a link on the cruise site to the cruise Twitter. On June 21 they tweeted that there are only 2 JS category rooms left, and they sold the Royal Suite! So even with these prices the cabins are going. No doubt they will sell out.

I bet it sells out quickly. We live in Sun City Hilton Head and there are always lots of Steeler Fans in the fall. I think there is a sports bar in Hilton Head that is pure Steelers. I'm still a fan even though I left the Pgh. area in 1967.

I live in Kansas City, Mo and work across the state line in Kansas. There are a couple huge Steeler fan clubs in the area. I also think that the price of this cruise is crazy!

My wife suggests that Steeler Nation organize it's own cruise. Not a charter, but a cruise that we decide to fill up with Steeler fans. She herself is not a fan, but she realizes how big Steeler Nation is!

we don't get many bandwagon fans like the Steelers/Pats types. No disrespect to the REAL Steelers/Pats fans, but you guys have the absolute worst, most revolting, disgusting, etc. bandwagon fans.

My son-in-law says that too... Thanks for the compliment! :D

I live in Kansas City, Mo and work across the state line in Kansas. There are a couple huge Steeler fan clubs in the area. I also think that the price of this cruise is crazy!

My wife suggests that Steeler Nation organize it's own cruise. Not a charter, but a cruise that we decide to fill up with Steeler fans. She herself is not a fan, but she realizes how big Steeler Nation is!

Once a Pittsburgher, always a Pittsburgher. I also left in 1966 and moved back in 2007.

I also think a Steeler Nation cruise with normal prices is a great idea. I live within walking distance to Steeler Training Camp, and I always see license plates from all over the country & Canada in the training camp parking lot every year. Steeler Nation is everywhere. Carole

Once a Pittsburgher, always a Pittsburgher. I also left in 1966 and moved back in 2007.

I also think a Steeler Nation cruise with normal prices is a great idea. I live within walking distance to Steeler Training Camp, and I always see license plates from all over the country & Canada in the training camp parking lot every year. Steeler Nation is everywhere. Carole

Good idea! We could call it 'Steeler Nation At Sea'. Oh wait......that's me! :p

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

It would be easier if that cruise went out of BALTIMORE!:D

My DH said could cruise out of Baltimore and fly a Ravens flag upside down.

DH (from Pittsburgh/Neville Island) would love to go on this cruise. But, we would rather it was out of South Florida than Tampa. We live in South Florida! :D
I'm from close-by Coraopolis/Moon Township. At least, it is a drive from south Fl. to Tampa rather than a flight.

I bet it sells out quickly. We live in Sun City Hilton Head and there are always lots of Steeler Fans in the fall. I think there is a sports bar in Hilton Head that is pure Steelers. I'm still a fan even though I left the Pgh. area in 1967.

i'm not too sure, unless it's booked by non-cruising steelers fans who don't realize it's crazy over-priced. That's okay, hope those who book it have a great time regardless, somebody needs to pay the celebs' trips;)

Most cities seem to have a steelers themed bar:). The nation travels well, we even found a steeler fan (private tour van driver) in St Lucia.

My DH said could cruise out of Baltimore and fly a Ravens flag upside down.

I do love the way you think:D

Just got back from weekend trip to Cleveland to see rock n roll hall and stopped by canton to see how our team fared in the revamp there. We are represented in fine fashion...can't knock a steel city six-pack:cool:

i'm not too sure, unless it's booked by non-cruising steelers fans who don't realize it's crazy over-priced. That's okay, hope those who book it have a great time regardless, somebody needs to pay the celebs' trips;)

Most cities seem to have a steelers themed bar:). The nation travels well, we even found a steeler fan (private tour van driver) in St Lucia.

I do love the way you think:D

Just got back from weekend trip to Cleveland to see rock n roll hall and stopped by canton to see how our team fared in the revamp there. We are represented in fine fashion...can't knock a steel city six-pack:cool:

The sailing is a full ship charter that can only be booked with the chartering agents, I think. I heard it was selling well even at the high prices.

They advertise it every day in the Pittsburgh papers and I've seen a few commercials for it, although they don't give much information in the ads. Pittsburgh Dad from YouTube will be on the cruise too. He has his own set of fans. The web site says that Hines Ward will be giving a dance performance in the Steeler Talent Show. Not surprised it's selling very well.

They advertise it every day in the Pittsburgh papers and I've seen a few commercials for it, although they don't give much information in the ads. Pittsburgh Dad from YouTube will be on the cruise too. He has his own set of fans. The web site says that Hines Ward will be giving a dance performance in the Steeler Talent Show. Not surprised it's selling very well.

it even made the local tv news reports. jmho but the heavy advertising would signal that it isn't selling well, otherwise why would there be such a blitz?;) pun intended

I did notice when I first checked that the lower categories of inside were already sold out but that possibly could be rooms blocked to be assigned to the 'celebs' once they confirm as the date gets closer.

For us this was a no brainier! I got the email and couldn't wait for hubby to get home. He had seen about 60 patients that day so was really tired when he got home. I told him about the cruise and he said " it will make you happy so sure I'll book it tomorrow ". Got to love that man! Always have a well represented number of STEELERS fans on our cruises, will be fun to have ALL STEELERS fans! We are loyal to royal and bleed black and gold! Looking forward to our cruise in Sept but can't wait for Mar! Yes this is expensive but on a ship with all things STEELERS and the players, coaches and staff= priceless!

• 3 weeks later...
For those like myself who were crazy enough about the Steelers to pay the asking price for the cruise, I've stated a roll call thread on the Brilliance page of the "Meet & Mingle" section.

Let the countdown begin!

Hi Cheryl! Glad to hear someone else took the plunge and booked this cruise. Please add my hubby Bill and I to the I'll call list. Hope we get more takers.

Sue and Bill - Watertown NY

If you like Country Music, don't miss the entertainment singing of Chris Higbee. He is an awesome singer, and will be one of your entertainment figures on this cruise. He is from the Pittsburgh area. He does a fantastic show. He sings, and also plays the guitar and fiddle. Have a great cruise. It is way too much $$$ for me. I'd rather go in the off season, and get much more bang for my buck!

For those like myself who were crazy enough about the Steelers to pay the asking price for the cruise, I've stated a roll call thread on the Brilliance page of the "Meet & Mingle" section.

Let the countdown begin!

Man! I might have to break down and book this!!!