Average Cost of bottle of wine and/or glass

jenson47

Hello,

I want to send my grandma a gift for the cruise she is taking. I looked at the gift section and there is not many bottles of wine to pick from. Do they have more once on board? If so, what would the average cost be for a glass and/or bottle.

Thanks.

Hello,

I want to send my grandma a gift for the cruise she is taking. I looked at the gift section and there is not many bottles of wine to pick from. Do they have more once on board? If so, what would the average cost be for a glass and/or bottle.

Thanks.

What wines does she like? We had a lovely Rose D'Anjou onboard. Think it was about $25.

I noticed that one can buy a bottle of Crown Royal. If I do that, am I free to take itt around the ship or am I confined to using it in my room.

May be a cheaper way to make several mixed drinks (not the classiest way, but hey, I wanna dance, I'll need liquid courage)

Oh man, give me a solid buzz and I'll have a crowd goin with me. I REALLY hope there are fun loving people on board. I fear the Alaska crwn may be a touch sedate for my tastes. We will see.

Bottom line, I love meeting new people and having some adventures.

Oh man, give me a solid buzz and I'll have a crowd goin with me. I REALLY hope there are fun loving people on board. I fear the Alaska crwn may be a touch sedate for my tastes. We will see.

Bottom line, I love meeting new people and having some adventures.

I didn't mean I wouldn't get up onto the dance floor, just that I can't dance.:rolleyes:

I noticed that one can buy a bottle of Crown Royal. If I do that, am I free to take it around the ship or am I confined to using it in my room.
Technically, it's for in-cabin consumption. But I doubt anyone would turn you in if you drink it elsewhere on the ship unless you were too out of control.

Hello,

Thanks.

Aside from what the others have said, there is a gift section on the Princess website. You can buy all kinds of wine/liquor as well as other items for someone sailing on a cruise. You may want to check it out. I didn't think the prices were all that bad. In fact, our daughter bought a few of the items for my husband for a birthday gift. There are also food items like veggies and dip as well as the coffee card. Take a look there and see if any fit your needs!

Does anyone have a recent wine list?

You may want to check out the 'gift' section on Princess website. They have quite a few wines and other alchol for sale. You can prebuy and send to yourself on board. We were going to do this but our daughter ended up buying for a gift! For what it is not really that bad of prices in my opinion.

These are not real bottles as you may know them. The ships have a miniature "bottle" so don't get too excited. Stock up with multiples and you will just be happier:)

They are 375 ml I believe that can be purchased on the Princess website gift area. The prices are around $20-$30 for the most part for spirits. The wines are from mid 20s to mid 30s so not that bad.

If you want her to be able to choose the wine herself you have two options. Just give her an onboard credit explaining to her its there for wine or whatever she'd like to use it for. OR you can purchase a bottle from the website. Then if she wants to exchange it for something else, she can do that in the dining room. She would need to pay the extra if she chooses something more expensive. We did that on our last cruise when we received a bottle from our TA which we didn't prefer. No problems.

Alcohol prices are reasonable and compare to any resort or restuarant. If you want to compare them to drinking at home (wine from the local bottle shop or the supermarket) then of course it is more expensive. Remember you are on holidays and not at home, if you want a drink have it and do not worry about the price, there is more to life than stressing out on vacation.:D

Alcohol prices are reasonable and compare to any resort or restuarant. If you want to compare them to drinking at home (wine from the local bottle shop or the supermarket) then of course it is more expensive. Remember you are on holidays and not at home, if you want a drink have it and do not worry about the price, there is more to life than stressing out on vacation.:D

I think you missed the point of the OPs question. She is asking so she can Gift something for her Grandmother on the Grandmother's cruise.

I think you missed the point of the OPs question. She is asking so she can Gift something for her Grandmother on the Grandmother's cruise.

Sorry, I had thought that the OPs question had been answered and was responding to other posts. Gifting is fine, I would suggest the gift of OBC. :D

Archived