Cruise Director David Shermet

CTKath

If you are a sports fan of any team and any sport, he will be able to give you scores while you are aboard. Most of the time he can tell you sports news without looking it up!

If you love baseball, he's the man to talk to; he was quite good when a little younger. He has also been in place to tell all of us goodbye when we left the ship the last morning and is often there to welcome us back from a port stop.

One of my favorites along with Dottie. David would get up early for a sail in and give you a historical and current perspective of the city. He was great upon entering Venice. He also has a sense of humor in Trivia and doesn't take the game as life and death like others.

+1 to all of the positive comments above.

We have had him on two cruises so far and will be sailing with him on Baltic Odyssey on Marina next month.

We had the good fortune to have him giving us commentary while we were sailing into Venice at sunrise this past May. I know the man must sleep sometime and somewhere, but it is as if he is always around during the cruise if you need his expertise or just to smile and greet you.

And when he says "8 o'clock", you can set your watch by it.

a great Trivia game! If there is a ? regarding his answer (someone thinks it's wrong or has an additional answer that they think could work) he goes to the trouble to research it and get back to the group the next Trivia game with the answer! Really appreciate that extra effort!! LuAnn

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I thought he was very good. Do not do trivia though. As another poster said, he is really visible around the ship and is also approachable.

DreadPirateRobert - you just got off the Marina where he is now CD. Could I ask who the assistant CD was. Is she/he new and does she/he do a show.

Thanks for any information.

o