Premium or classic booze package >>>>

booze brothers

We're booked on the Reflection 3/29, first Celebrity cruise in 20 years.

Anyone that has had the drink package, can you tell me how it is (If your remember, hic)

It was included in our reservation and have never had a drink package before. Water.. and beer. Are they bottles or cans of beer and the water, I suppose it's bottled water.

How do they do this. Do you get a card or something like a seapass to show the bartenders?

I did get lots of good info from a fellow cruiser but it was suggested that I should also ask on this board.

My DH mostly drinks bloody Marys, and coors light. I drink vodka tonic with a good splash of Cointreau. Try to decide between the premium and the classic . I have a feeling I couldn't do the premium package justice. hmmmmm

We usually cruise RCL so this will be a nice change.

thanks, MIMI

There are quite a few threads on here discussing the various drinks packages.

From what I've learned the package gets marked on your sea pass and there are different limits to the price of drinks according to the package. The differences in the drinks packages are clearly spelled out on the Celebrity website.

I also understand that you can upgrade from classic to premium if you feel you need to for about $12 per day and it's worked out pro rata for the rest of your cruise. I think if you want to upgrade before you sail both of you have to do it but once on board just one of you can upgrade.

We are booked with a drinks package for our cruise next year but have not yet sailed with celebrity so have relied on these boards for info.

Happy drinking - enjoy your cruise.

Mumsy.

You can see a list of most of the specific brands of beer and liquor that are available in each package on the Celebrity website. I can tell you though that many people feel that the Classic package is sufficient for their needs, while others that like fancier drinks will pay the extra 11.50 per day and upgrade to the Premium package. The 11.50 is 10.00, plus 1.50 gratuity. The Classic package covers beers up to 5.00, which includes basics like Bud, Heineken and Corona as well as wine and liquor up to 8.00. The premium package covers all three categories up to 12.00 per drink. If you have the Classic package and you want a beer that is over 5.00 or a drink that is over 8.00, you will be charged the full amount. Whereas if you have the Premium package and you want any category over 12.00, you will only be charged the price difference, plus 15% tip. For example, if you want a glass of wine or a craft beer that is 15.00, you would be charged the 3.00 difference, plus 0.45 tip.

Since you're going to be on the Reflection, there are many craft beers at Michael's Pub that will be over 5.00 and all of the drinks at the Martini Bar (mostly 10.00) and the Molecular Bar (12.00) are only covered with the premium package.

I would recommend that you check out all of the various options once you get on board and if you feel the need to upgrade, it will only cost you 11.50 pp per day. You can upgrade with up to only 3 days left in your cruise and both of you do not have to upgrade, but if both of you do and you decide with only 3 days left, it'll only cost you 69.00 total for the upgrade.

I went with the premium package as that included bottled Peroni beer (my fav').

It was also great for experimenting in the Molecular bar.

With all the fresh orange juices, coffees in Al Bacio and Pellegrino water every night I easily covered the initial outlay for the premium package.

For the Reflection, choose the premium package. The specialty coffees alone are worth the upgrade, but you MUST try the concoctions at the Molecular Bar (Tanned Russian, Lucky Cat, YUMMY!!!!!) and have some fun at the martini bar, too! Remember that if you have the premium, you also get fresh squeezed juices, Evian, etc. Well worth the small upgrade!

I brought the Premium but never brought anything the classic couldn't have.

I mainly brought the Premium for Micheal's but they were out of stock of most of the over $8 beers, I never went near the martinis.

Basically think about what you want it for, next time it's Classic for me.

Just off the "Constellation" - we were fine with the Classic package. If you don't need some special cocktails or Martinis etc., you'll find a wide selection of cocktails, beers etc. The wine selection is a bit more limited, but the wines by the glass up to 8 $ are quite nice and were sufficient for our needs. And our sommelier quite often didn't bother with the limit but found others for us to try :rolleyes: as well. Most of the coffees and teas in Al Bacio are included as well as freshly squeezed juices and juices and sodas by the can. The only small drawback ( for us) : we couldn't get sparkling Water like San Pellegrino by the bottle but had to take a no-name brand of non-sparkling water or a can of plain soda.

I'd also recommend to try your package on board and you'll see very fast if It's all right for you - you can always upgrade on board!

Have fun of "Reflection" - we liked her a lot!

We had the premium package and my wife was drinking a 13 dollar wine every night and they never charged us extra.

The convenience of this program is one of the main draws for me. No signing, no receipts, just have fun.

Thank you everyone.

We're pretty low key, basic beer and vodka so not sure we'd get full use of the premium package. Hmmmm I actually think if we had the premium, I'd be tipsy most of the cruise, lol

I've been reading a lot of threads on the difference between the packages.

One more question, for those that have access to Michael's (elite) happy hour or whatever they call it on Celebrity.......do they have late's and specialty coffee all day? I heard they have a full bar but wasn't sure about the coffee .

We're D+ on RCL and the concierge has great coffee choices all day.

I'm so excited thinking about cruising Celebrity.

mimi

The Elite Lounge is open for about 2 hours in the morning and in the evening. Limited choices of coffee drinks in the morning.

With the drink package you can get coffee drinks all day long at the coffee bar along with alcohol drinks.

We are cruising on Celebrity Equinox next month and I've been trying to decide which package to go for and if we should purchase before or once we are on the ship! We both like a few beers and wine with our dinner and the wife likes her coffees.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

The Elite Lounge is open for about 2 hours in the morning and in the evening. Limited choices of coffee drinks in the morning.

With the drink package you can get coffee drinks all day long at the coffee bar along with alcohol drinks.

Does the specialty coffee come with classic? Or do you need upgrade? I understand the premium water only comes with premium.

Does the specialty coffee come with classic? Or do you need upgrade? I understand the premium water only comes with premium.

Check out the link below for the Celebrity website page with the menu, scroll down about halfway and the links to different sections of the menu are there on the right side. The Espresso based drinks as well as the teas are all covered under the classic package. The other favorites and more favorites listings are only covered under the premium.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard/level3Type1.do?pagename=onboard_celebrity_restaurants_cafes_cafe_al_bacio&parentpage=onboard_celebrity_restaurants_cafes

We are cruising on Celebrity Equinox next month and I've been trying to decide which package to go for and if we should purchase before or once we are on the ship! We both like a few beers and wine with our dinner and the wife likes her coffees.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

If you wait until you're on the ship, then you can see for yourself exactly what your options are and whether the Classic will suffice or if you need to upgrade to the Premium. The Classic covers the basics, but if you like fancier Martinis at the Martini Bar, the innovative concoctions at the Molecular Bar, craft beers at Michael's Pub, Evian or San Pellegrino waters or better wines with your dinner, then the Premium is the way to go.

As suggested wait until you get on board to upgrade. Once on board you can find out if you need to upgrade. Order the drinks that you want to drink. Ask the server if it is covered if not and you feel that those are the kind of drinks you want then upgrade. You can do that at any bar or lounge.

Wouldn't spend too much time trying to decide in advance, chances are you probably will to try the Molecular bar or the drink in the martini bar. I Lookat it this way, I already got the package for free so spending that extra $11.50 pre day is a bargain to get all of the drinks that's I may want to try.

I always upgrade but found that the drinks in the Molecular bar and most of those fancy martinis sound and look better than they taste. I am more of a classic type drinker but it is fun to be able to try the drinks without thinking of the price. If someone followed me around they could basically drink for free from ll of the drinks that I leave because after few sips I find that I don't like them and they are not worth it to me to drink.

You can see a list of most of the specific brands of beer and liquor that are available in each package on the Celebrity website. I can tell you though that many people feel that the Classic package is sufficient for their needs, while others that like fancier drinks will pay the extra 11.50 per day and upgrade to the Premium package. The 11.50 is 10.00, plus 1.50 gratuity. The Classic package covers beers up to 5.00, which includes basics like Bud, Heineken and Corona as well as wine and liquor up to 8.00. The premium package covers all three categories up to 12.00 per drink. If you have the Classic package and you want a beer that is over 5.00 or a drink that is over 8.00, you will be charged the full amount. Whereas if you have the Premium package and you want any category over 12.00, you will only be charged the price difference, plus 15% tip. For example, if you want a glass of wine or a craft beer that is 15.00, you would be charged the 3.00 difference, plus 0.45 tip.

Since you're going to be on the Reflection, there are many craft beers at Michael's Pub that will be over 5.00 and all of the drinks at the Martini Bar (mostly 10.00) and the Molecular Bar (12.00) are only covered with the premium package.

I would recommend that you check out all of the various options once you get on board and if you feel the need to upgrade, it will only cost you 11.50 pp per day. You can upgrade with up to only 3 days left in your cruise and both of you do not have to upgrade, but if both of you do and you decide with only 3 days left, it'll only cost you 69.00 total for the upgrade.

Are you sure they will let you pay the difference? They would not let me on the Equinox in the Wine Bar, told me I had to pay full price for a glass of more expensive wine. We had the Premium package and this was in 2011 so maybe they changed the rules? The premium package was one of the best deals I ever made saved us about $600.00.

Are you sure they will let you pay the difference? They would not let me on the Equinox in the Wine Bar, told me I had to pay full price for a glass of more expensive wine. We had the Premium package and this was in 2011 so maybe they changed the rules? The premium package was one of the best deals I ever made saved us about $600.00.

The wines that are in the self serve dispensers are excluded from the program, but if you have the premium package which is good up to 12.00, and there is a glass of wine that is 18.00 that you wish to drink in a specialty restaurant, MDR, or at a bar where a bartender pours your drinks, you pay the 6.00 difference, plus 15%. If you only have the classic package, you would pay the entire 18.00, plus 15%. This information is being regurgitated from many months perusing these boards in anticipation of our next two cruises on X and enjoying the Premium drinks packages.

The wines that are in the self serve dispensers are excluded from the program, but if you have the premium package which is good up to 12.00, and there is a glass of wine that is 18.00 that you wish to drink in a specialty restaurant, MDR, or at a bar where a bartender pours your drinks, you pay the 6.00 difference, plus 15%. If you only have the classic package, you would pay the entire 18.00, plus 15%. This information is being regurgitated from many months perusing these boards in anticipation of our next two cruises on X and enjoying the Premium drinks packages.

Yes I know the dispensers are not included. But we did a 10 day cruise April 2011 and at the Wine Bar they would not give me a $16.00 glass of wine and let me pay the difference I had to pay $16.00 (I guess it has changed?)Would love to hear from someone who cruised and was only charged the difference.

Yes I know the dispensers are not included. But we did a 10 day cruise April 2011 and at the Wine Bar they would not give me a $16.00 glass of wine and let me pay the difference I had to pay $16.00 (I guess it has changed?)Would love to hear from someone who cruised and was only charged the difference.

If you have the classic package, then you are charged full price for any beer over 5.00 and any wine or alcohol over 8.00. If you have the premium package, then you are only charged the difference for all three categories for any drink over 12.00. You pay the difference over 12.00, plus 15% tip. This is the policy and has been confirmed as such on many different threads on the boards.

How do they do this. Do you get a card or something like a seapass to show the bartenders?

thanks, MIMI

It's on your sea pass. They will swipe it anyway so at the end of the cruise you can see how much you drank. :eek:

My DH mostly drinks bloody Marys, and coors light. I drink vodka tonic with a good splash of Cointreau. Try to decide between the premium and the classic . I have a feeling I couldn't do the premium package justice. hmmmmm

I wouldn't recommend the premium package to a Coors Light drinker unless their intention is try some real beers. :D

Thank you everyone.

One more question, for those that have access to Michael's (elite) happy hour or whatever they call it on Celebrity.......do they have late's and specialty coffee all day? I heard they have a full bar but wasn't sure about the coffee .

The Elite cocktail hour was in the Sky Lounge when we sailed in March. We did enjoy the premium package because we spent a lot of time in Michaels and we tried out the Molecular Bar. The premium package came in handy at Cafe El Bacio. Don't ask what my wife ordered because I never paid attention. Make sure you get up to the Sunset Bar. Best bar on the ship.

Archived