Enough is enough

UKCruiseJeff

The tipping point may finally have been reached.

To summarise.

They cheat the government, they cheat their customers, they cheat their staff.

They demand that their staff conspire with them to cheat themselves out of their meagre earnings. Or they lose their job and find their own way home without a reference. They expect their staff to lie to government departments in order that they compromise food safety standards and notifiable diseases that put their customers' lives and well-being at risk. Why would staff do this stuff on their own initiative? They do it because the are forced to. They even demand that their staff substitute adulterated drinks in replacement of the drinks their customers have paid for. How low does this behaviour have to sink?

Unless customers indicate in the very strongest terms that this behaviour is a fundamental breach of trust on all fronts then they will blindly push on as though nothing has happened. Head. Sand.

Unless customers make their feelings crystal clear we are letting down the staff, fellow passengers and the ethos of a company we treasure that is being trashed by those that should be protecting it.

LOCK & LOAD! STORM THE CASTLE! ARM THE DRONES! RELEASE THE KRACKEN!

How about a nice cup of chamomile Jeff? That's a good lad. Time for beddy bye.

Hi Josette, I guess it must just be a cultural thing and perhaps this is your quirky sense of humour that just comes across to a Brit as a further torrent of rudeness. I don't know why you'd think the forum is a btter place for this type of post If it's humour ... great - I apologise for misunderstanding. If not then I can't help but notice that you only seem to pluck up courage to write this stuff after someone else has "gone first". You don't seem to have the courage to go first ... but you wait a bit and hope for someone else .....

A sign of a true bully is someone who is essentially a coward. ;)

Another rant about to start about Silverseas. Allegations but no proof.

Hi Kamloops,

I do understand that some people find it difficult to conduct discussions in an adult way and friendly way, so I hold no ill-will as a result of your rather unecessary rudeness. Perhaps it is all you can do. I expressed my opinions and you posted a rather content-free mini-rant.

From what I have seen from your previous posting, you don't have too much of an interest in SS and may therefore may not a have been following the story. I'll see if I can help. The facts are, that apart from postings from fellow CC's who confirm a lot of the detail of what I said, yesterday the American gorvenment department charged with these matters published a report which amongst other things stated in a single paragraph:

16 Other Galley Crew Cabins

An organized effort was made to physically remove over 15 full trolleys of dry foods, spices, canned foods, cooked foods, milk, raw meats, pasteurized eggs, cheeses of all types, baking goods, raw fruits, raw vegetables, and a variety of both hand held and counter model food equipment, pans, dishware and utensils to over 10 individual cabins shared by two or three galley crew members in order to avoid inspection by VSP staff. All the potentially hazardous foods were discarded along with most other foods that were not canned. The lead VSP inspector poured concentrated chlorine liquid over all the discarded foods to ensure they would not be used again

Perhaps it is simply a language thing, and you haven't given us much to go on, but I took that to mean that Silversea management were cheating the government, their customers and cheating their staff into breaking the law on their behalf and as a result therefore SS passengers. I also took the whole process to mean that the net effect of this is to place the safety of pasengers at risk. I guess you see this as no more than an allegation but I trust the report and read this as a fairly clear and safe conclusion of the comments I made.

I'd cerainly, give the cheese a miss. And the pork. And the cold meats. And the utensils.

Lux,

Joking apart, it must make every customer wonder what it is that they have eaten.:(

Nothing more harmful than a Berni inn menu from the seventies.:)

Storing the cheese as they did could have added a new dimension to the flavour from the extra bacteria.

Hi Josette, I guess it must just be a cultural thing and perhaps this is your quirky sense of humour that just comes across to a Brit as a further torrent of rudeness. I don't know why you'd think the forum is a btter place for this type of post If it's humour ... great - I apologise for misunderstanding. If not then I can't help but notice that you only seem to pluck up courage to write this stuff after someone else has "gone first". You don't seem to have the courage to go first ... but you wait a bit and hope for someone else .....

A sign of a true bully is someone who is essentially a coward. ;)

Hi Kamloops,

I do understand that some people find it difficult to conduct discussions in an adult way and friendly way, so I hold no ill-will as a result of your rather unecessary rudeness. Perhaps it is all you can do. I expressed my opinions and you posted a rather content-free mini-rant.

From what I have seen from your previous posting, you don't have too much of an interest in SS and may therefore may not a have been following the story. I'll see if I can help. The facts are, that apart from postings from fellow CC's who confirm a lot of the detail of what I said, yesterday the American gorvenment department charged with these matters published a report which amongst other things stated in a single paragraph:

Perhaps it is simply a language thing, and you haven't given us much to go on, but I took that to mean that Silversea management were cheating the government, their customers and cheating their staff into breaking the law on their behalf and as a result therefore SS passengers. I also took the whole process to mean that the net effect of this is to place the safety of pasengers at risk. I guess you see this as no more than an allegation but I trust the report and read this as a fairly clear and safe conclusion of the comments I made.

The ultimate example of keyboard bravado and chatroom bully,

Says it all really. The bullies always want the bullied to roll over so they can carry on. It makes you a part of the problem not the solution.

But experience tells us that a punch on the nose usually sorts the bullies out.

But experience tells us that a punch on the nose usually sorts the bullies out.

Thank you sir ... I know you are right behind me.

My starting the thread didn't in my view warrant #1 and #2 and i am tired of people who simply do not clearly wish to either hear a topic put forward or read about it rather than simply ignoring it -indulge themselves in anonymous rudeness and bullying. It has stopped so many people participating.

We learnt at school that unless you confront snideness and bullying it get's worst. It might not get better if you do but it never gets better if you don't

For any nice people I may have unintentionally offended along the way - I as usual apologise.:)

Says it all really. The bullies always want the bullied to roll over so they can carry on. It makes you a part of the problem not the solution.

Do you beat your chest after each post that you make so that you can feel like a real hero from the safety of your keyboard along with your other birds of a feather?

Josette03 & Goofyisme,

I don't want to defend UKJeff's style, but he has been mostly accurate about the issues regarding the SS debacle, both with regard to sanitation and imo more importantly the treatment of staff. Josette, you don't give your location but Goofy and I are from the US and therefore may not take favorably to a pushy Brit-and yes Jeff you are pushy.

My few postings on these issues have been that SS needs to be honest-as of yet they're not, but as to sanitation, results speak for themselves and we on several cruises have never had a problem. The treatment of staff is inexcusable if the accusations are true. As I have previously posted and others agree we will probably never know the truth and certainly at this point these are unadjudicated allegations.

It is sad to see some posters attacking other posters instead of "arguing" the facts of this case. At this point, we would feel better if we knew that individual(s) on the particular cruise that gave the order to hide food as well as individual(s) in charge of insuring food is fresh and kept at the proper temperature had been replaced with competent individuals.

It is sad to see some posters attacking other posters instead of "arguing" the facts of this case. At this point, we would feel better if we knew that individual(s) on the particular cruise that gave the order to hide food as well as individual(s) in charge of insuring food is fresh and kept at the proper temperature had been replaced with competent individuals.

Totally agree

Thanks for the last few notes in the thread. Very much appreciated.

Part of my motive for venting my opinions rather emotively in the first post of this thread is because it is my clear instinct - and therefore frustration - that nothing will come of all this simply because too few people are aware of it, and even less are actually that energised by it. It seems therefore clear to me that unless the issue gets some legs it will simply die away, and that is what SS is relying on.

I was hoping that by putting my feelings about what is serial serious treachery succinctly in a single note someone, somewhere may pick it up and run it to a wider audience. Only then might there be some suitable reaction.

And yes I am pushy ..... I'm an East-end lad ......:)

Thanks again.

Josette03 & Goofyisme,

I don't want to defend UKJeff's style, but he has been mostly accurate about the issues regarding the SS debacle, both with regard to sanitation and imo more importantly the treatment of staff. Josette, you don't give your location but Goofy and I are from the US and therefore may not take favorably to a pushy Brit-and yes Jeff you are pushy.

Newlondon- I'm from New York City where we eat "pushy" for breakfast. I'm not saying that Jeff's heart isn't in the right place, it's just that after contrubuting over 125 posts to this subject you do have to wonder when he might stop chewing his cud. Those of us who have sailed frequently with Silversea are eager to see how this plays out. Especially those of us who have elevated Venetian Society perks. We have already demonstrated our trust and loyalty. It is now time for Silversea management to reciprocate and if they're unable to so in the coming days then it's adios, farewell and ciao. It's too late for me to cancel my September cruise buI look forward to having some interesting discussions with the crew members. I've already printed my "WHERE"S THE BEEF" t-shirt to wear on the galley lunch.

Newlondon- I'm from New York City where we eat "pushy" for breakfast. I'm not saying that Jeff's heart isn't in the right place, it's just that after contrubuting over 125 posts to this subject you do have to wonder when he might stop chewing his cud. Those of us who have sailed frequently with Silversea are eager to see how this plays out. Especially those of us who have elevated Venetian Society perks. We have already demonstrated our trust and loyalty. It is now time for Silversea management to reciprocate and if they're unable to so in the coming days then it's adios, farewell and ciao. It's too late for me to cancel my September cruise buI look forward to having some interesting discussions with the crew members. I've already printed my "WHERE"S THE BEEF" t-shirt to wear on the galley lunch.

Wish I could see the reaction to your t-shirt:D

Archived