Carnival cancels my Glory cruise because of "corrupt booking"

skatermom91

it took until 1PM today to fix the problem, but they did not honor the price/category they gave me (I sent them a copy of their own confirmation)....they said it was a pricing error on their end....they honored the price but moved me to a inside room on the lowest deck! I am not happy about this resolution because it took me 6 hours of talking back and forth to them to have them not honor my booking....

They said it was a pricing error on their end and they wouldn't honor your original price/category? That's not right. I would contact them again and escalate this. Is there something I'm not understanding? How much of a pricing error was it? Not that matters I guess.

original reservation 299/pp inside.....added daughter yesterday, they moved to oceanview lowest level/front for same price (plus her 299)....had reservation with category, room number, price and guests (3) names on it....Half hour later upon checking me email, theres a cancellation from carnival for entire booking...I call back and they told me it was their mistake, it should have been more, I have a copy of the reservation with these prices on it (no call from them just cancelled cruise I booked in March) They were having a problem transferring FTTF so they tell me they will get back to me...next thing I know I receive a booking at 459/pp, same oceanview room but with my daughter not on it, I call back and they tell me they can't downgrade the reservation, they just kept messing things up further and nobody could fix it...what a crazy mess,

original reservation 299/pp inside.....added daughter yesterday, they moved to oceanview lowest level/front for same price (plus her 299)....had reservation with category, room number, price and guests (3) names on it....Half hour later upon checking me email, theres a cancellation from carnival for entire booking...I call back and they told me it was their mistake, it should have been more, I have a copy of the reservation with these prices on it (no call from them just cancelled cruise I booked in March) They were having a problem transferring FTTF so they tell me they will get back to me...next thing I know I receive a booking at 459/pp, same oceanview room but with my daughter not on it, I call back and they tell me they can't downgrade the reservation, they just kept messing things up further and nobody could fix it...what a crazy mess,

maybe it is time to contact john h on facebook as well as posting on the carnival assistance forums on their site

after 6 hours talking to them with no resolution, I've come to the conclusion that nobody at Carnival cares, so I will take my August and November cruises with them and look elsewhere to spend my vacation dollars, just hope I can change my attitude enough to have a good time on the upcoming cruises, because as of this moment I don't want to give them another dollar of my money!

after 6 hours talking to them with no resolution, I've come to the conclusion that nobody at Carnival cares, so I will take my August and November cruises with them and look elsewhere to spend my vacation dollars, just hope I can change my attitude enough to have a good time on the upcoming cruises, because as of this moment I don't want to give them another dollar of my money!

And again CCL screws a customer to the point of them not wanting to cruise with them anymore.

Unfortunately you are not alone.:(

Carnival is fine as long as everything goes smoothly but the minute something goes awry they have no clue.

I too hope you can get past this to enjoy your upcoming cruises.:)

Bill

2 supervisors and their iCare department, which they don't

I don't understand how they can't honor their own booking, but it is in the fine print that they can make changes to the fare due to electronic error, typhographical error or any other error causing the fare to be listed, quoted or advertised for an amount not intended by Carnival....they are citing error in quoting even though it is in the booking right in front of me with 500.00 paid and the balance amount owed....I guess they can say any fare is not intended if they choose to change it...its in Carnivals right to increase fares, cancel or change voyage, change stateroom assignments section, giving them the right to do whatever they chose I guess..many of us probably don't even read this when booking, I know I didn't

That is very disappointing :( I have never had that experience with them, but they should honor the original agreement. You paid the price quoted, they shouldn't be able to say "psyche, that was an error". Sorry this didn't get resolved properly.

2 supervisors and their iCare department, which they don't

I don't understand how they can't honor their own booking, but it is in the fine print that they can make changes to the fare due to electronic error, typhographical error or any other error causing the fare to be listed, quoted or advertised for an amount not intended by Carnival....they are citing error in quoting even though it is in the booking right in front of me with 500.00 paid and the balance amount owed....I guess they can say any fare is not intended if they choose to change it...its in Carnivals right to increase fares, cancel or change voyage, change stateroom assignments section, giving them the right to do whatever they chose I guess..many of us probably don't even read this when booking, I know I didn't

They said it was a pricing error on their end and they wouldn't honor your original price/category? That's not right. I would contact them again and escalate this. Is there something I'm not understanding? How much of a pricing error was it? Not that matters I guess.

Send an email describing the problem to:

gcahill@carnival.com

You'll hear back from Vicky Rey.

I am on the same cruise as you and I have been watching fares. Even last week they were still offering the $299 military rate but it was for an inside cabin if I remember correctly. Shame carnival won't honor your previous confirmation

If you complain enough about this crap maybe they will let you cancel the entire booking with a full refund - their system screwed up with the wrong price after all!

Then, of you're brave you can try rebooking, or find another cruise line and be done with it.

They must really be mixed up, because you said they added your daughter for $299, the 3rd person in a cabin is never the same as the first 2, always lower.

I would for sure get a supervisor on the line tomorrow and be calling the dept who fixes problems if I didnt get some satisfaction.

LOL

"Press 7 for the department who fixes problems"

So just to make sure that I understood correctly, you were booked at a $299/pp military rate. You called in to inquire about the price of adding your daughter and the CSR said the booking was incorrect. When they finally finished it, they booked you at a much higher rate and are saying that you should have never had the $299/pp rate (i.e. it wasn't a real rate code/price??)?

And again CCL screws a customer to the point of them not wanting to cruise with them anymore.

Unfortunately you are not alone.:(

Carnival is fine as long as everything goes smoothly but the minute something goes awry they have no clue.

I too hope you can get past this to enjoy your upcoming cruises.:)

Bill

The way I see it they don't HAVE to give good customer sevice. Ships sail full all the time. If people "jump ship" they will have somone waiting in the wings to fill those cabins. To make a comparison, I EXPECT but don't get the same service at McDonalds as I do a fine dining restaurant. As long as my food at McDonalds is what I ordered I'm happy. But give me Filet O Fish and when I ordered a Big Mac and I go crazy.

They must really be mixed up, because you said they added your daughter for $299, the 3rd person in a cabin is never the same as the first 2, always lower.

Sorry, no, this is NOT true. There are numerous occasions where the 3/4 rates are NOT lower. Or a higher priced 1/2 rate is only available.

The issue here is the booking was CHANGED. So it is NOT the same booking that was made for 2 people. They added a third person, which CAN change the rates and cabins. Just because the 2 person room you booked hold three, doesn't mean that that you can just add another person in that category.

FREQUENTLY, a higher category cabin is needed for more than two people.

If I am reading this correctly, with the addition of another person, Carnival is within their booking rights to charge the going rate at this time for 3 passengers. Have you done a dummy online booking to compare the rates?

Now if you are going to remain with 2 people, per your original booking, then, I agree Carnival should honor your rates.

Ridiculous. Unfortunately, when you choose to spend your vacation dollars with the Walmart of the Seas, you get Walmart level customer service. It's a shame you can't cancel and rebook elsewhere due to the others cruising with you.

I wonder how much revenue CCS has lost due to their aged, poorly designed and extremely flawed software and website. Lost revenue results in the cutbacks we've all heard about and experienced.

Good luck. I hope you get a reasonable solution. You might want to contact the "Brilliant" brand apologist on Facebook, you never know, he might come through for a change.

Sorry, no, this is NOT true. There are numerous occasions where the 3/4 rates are NOT lower. Or a higher priced 1/2 rate is only available.

The issue here is the booking was CHANGED. So it is NOT the same booking that was made for 2 people. They added a third person, which CAN change the rates and cabins. Just because the 2 person room you booked hold three, doesn't mean that that you can just add another person in that category.

FREQUENTLY, a higher category cabin is needed for more than two people.

If I am reading this correctly, with the addition of another person, Carnival is within their booking rights to charge the going rate at this time for 3 passengers. Have you done a dummy online booking to compare the rates?

Now if you are going to remain with 2 people, per your original booking, then, I agree Carnival should honor your rates.

Sorry, was just going off experience, in 10 cruises were we had more then 2 in a cabin the rate for the 3/4 person was always lower.

Archived