BOGO Tournament benefits for Platinum

swetra

I noticed the BOGO Tournament benefit offered for Platinum.

~Does anyone know if there is a limit to this benefit?

~Are you allowed to buy in more than once into the same tournament and receive the free buy-ins as well?

~Are you allowed to exercise this benefit during more than one tournament, like slots and blackjack on same or different day?

Thanks for any info!

You can only use the BOGO once, they have you sign something. You can use the entries wherever you please. Play the same tournament, 2 different ones, it's all good :)

Hope this helps!

Not as good as when they were free :(

Lesson learned in my case..... be prepared use the entries for different tournaments. I didn't buy in until the last sea day, so only the last slot tournament was left. Both of my scores would have qualified me for the finals, but each player can have only one seat in the finals, so my lower score got bumped off.

Can a platinum cruiser buy the BOGO and let his gold companion use both entries, or will he have to play himself?

You can give the entries away if you desire. DW and I are both Platinum, and eligible to each purchase BOGO. However, we haven't participated since CCL downgraded the perk from 1 free entry per Platinum to BOGO. Price went from Free to $12.50 per entry.

Can a platinum cruiser buy the BOGO and let his gold companion use both entries, or will he have to play himself?

You can give your entries (one or both) to someone else. Or, if you don't score enough points the first time to get your name on the board, you can use the second entry to try again. You can also buy more entries at $20 each if you still don't get on the board. Just letting you know your options.

Thanks, Georgiagolfer and winddawn. He has never participated in (or watched) a slot tournament, I enjoy them and would love to pay once and play twice. I'm sure he will change his mind once he has been my cheering squad while I play (next week!).

You can give the entries away if you desire. DW and I are both Platinum, and eligible to each purchase BOGO. However, we haven't participated since CCL downgraded the perk from 1 free entry per Platinum to BOGO. Price went from Free to $12.50 per entry.

Same here. Dh use to get his free so I would buy in since I was not Platinum yet. When it went to BOGO we quit playing all together.

You can give your entries (one or both) to someone else. Or, if you don't score enough points the first time to get your name on the board, you can use the second entry to try again. You can also buy more entries at $20 each if you still don't get on the board. Just letting you know your options.

Didn't purchase, but they were $25 per entry in June on Fascination, not $20.

True, but it used to be free entertainment for DW and myself. Kinda like all the cruiselines, adding more pay dining options, and eliminating some free options.:(

It was fun as free and we took advantage of it. Have noticed last few years even with free to platinum they had problems filling the tables running up to finals.

It was fun as free and we took advantage of it. Have noticed last few years even with free to platinum they had problems filling the tables running up to finals.

Same for slots. DW and I watched some of the action, and several rounds there were only 4-5 players with 10 machines available.

Maybe there aren't as many Platinum cruisers as there once was, since Carnival is gearing more towards the first time cruiser demographic as some posters have indicated here. Also due to the Platinum changes to the perks offered...

Since BOGO there are only half as many players. They set up a bank of slots but only half of the seats are used for the tournament.

Maybe there aren't as many Platinum cruisers as there once was, since Carnival is gearing more towards the first time cruiser demographic as some posters have indicated here. Also due to the Platinum changes to the perks offered...

Not fewer Platinum guests if you go to the past guest party and see them all.

Archived