Sugar-free dessert

beshears

If you have eaten any of the sugar-free desserts on the Princess ships, what would you recommend that I try out?

At the IC (International Cafe), do they have any sugar-free items there also?

The IC had some sugar free deserts but not a great choice. The MDR and HC had better choices for sugar free and gluten free as well.

They have one on the menu each night in the MDR and they are hit and miss! The one thing we found out after 6 cruises we did not know - is that the ice cream shop that serves soft serve cones on the same deck as the HC also has a sugar free, hard packed scoopable flavor every day and they were ALWAYS excellent! No charge and enjoy!

I do eat sugar free (I'm Diabetic) and have tried a lot of them on board in both the HC and the MDR.

I find that they are quite good. They also have a nice variety so you are not stuck eating the same sugar free stuff all the time.

As for anything specific. it is hard to say as they mix things up.

By my favorite sugar free dessert was a "hazelnut pumpkin pudding with 5 spice sauce". That was to die for. If you see it, you have to try it.

I do eat sugar free (I'm Diabetic) and have tried a lot of them on board in both the HC and the MDR.

I find that they are quite good. They also have a nice variety so you are not stuck eating the same sugar free stuff all the time.

By my favorite sugar free dessert was a "hazelnut pumpkin pudding with 5 spice sauce". That was to die for. If you see it, you have to try it.

My favorite sugar free dessert is the chocolate mousse cake !

Sali

I don't remember seeing that one on the menu, but will certainly give it a try on the next cruise when I see it. Are the sugar free in the HC labeled as such?:)

I guess I just have not paid as much attention as I should, but then I am on Holiday and so is my brain when I'm cruising.:p

I don't remember seeing that one on the menu, but will certainly give it a try on the next cruise when I see it. Are the sugar free in the HC labeled as such?:)

I guess I just have not paid as much attention as I should, but then I am on Holiday and so is my brain when I'm cruising.:p

Actually all the desserts have been labeled on the ships I have been on. HC had SF on them and so did IC.

While I loved the SF chocolate mousse cake , the SF chocolate tapioca was awful to my taste. I sometimes order berries and they put a scoop of SF ice cream in a small dish next to it.

Sali

I also recommend the sugar free chocolate mousse cake very much. Also love the sugar free strawberry shortcake they've got up in Horizon Court some days.

While I enjoy most of the sugar free desserts in the dining rooms, I have to agree with the previous opinion about the sugar free chocolate tapioca being pretty bad.

Besides the sugar free desserts in the dining room for lunch and dinner that are on the menu, you can also request sugar free ice cream any time you are in there (usually it's either chocolate or vanilla). Sometimes I get that to go with some of the SF cakes and other desserts, and other nights I just order that in place of desserts such as the chocolate tapioca.

If you decide to do the Chef's Table, let them know at the interview when they ask about food allergies that you're a diabetic. The Pastry Chef will bring out a very good SF dessert for you to eat for the last course at the Chef's Table.

They have one on the menu each night in the MDR and they are hit and miss! The one thing we found out after 6 cruises we did not know - is that the ice cream shop that serves soft serve cones on the same deck as the HC also has a sugar free, hard packed scoopable flavor every day and they were ALWAYS excellent! No charge and enjoy!

Thank you - I never knew that

I am diabetic, and look forward to trying it on my next Princess Cruise.

I've always enjoyed the Princess sugar free desserts in the MDR.

Besides counting calories, I also count carbs. The waitstaff should be able to tell us the numbers. I am not diabetic, just trying to lose 40 more pounds. Thanks for the advice on good and bad choices. Love Chocolate (my Downfall). :eek:

Doubt they will know the calorie count and sugar free does not mean fat free.

I jokingly tell my wife if you eat a sugar free and then a fat free desert you likely have consumed the same amount of sugar and fat as 2 regular deserts .

I don't remember seeing that one on the menu, but will certainly give it a try on the next cruise when I see it.

It was a regular menu item in the MDR. The MDR menus often have sugar free choices.

As others have said, the HC has SF desserts in a labeled section.

The cappucino torte/cake in the HC -- it was one of my best desserts all cruise. Only saw it once, though, so look sharp!

I'm very fond of the sugar-free selections on Princess, even though I have no dietary restrictions governing my dessert choices (well, except for an intense aversion to raisins -- I. will. not. touch. anything. with. raisins.)

Not often, but actually every day.

I do remember seeing it on the MDR menu each day, but only one was listed as I recall. I tried a couple and they were ok, so now I will make a list and be sure to order those mentioned above and the one recommended in the HC. Too bad my next Princess cruise is still 222 days away.:(

If you have eaten any of the sugar-free desserts on the Princess ships, what would you recommend that I try out?

At the IC (International Cafe), do they have any sugar-free items there also?

Actually sometimes the sugar free desserts are as good as or better than the regular ones IMHO.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Thank You!!!