Who is Norwegians Best Cruise Director?

AL25

We had Sinon on the GEM and he was absolutley the best CD I have to date. Fun, funny, energetic, entertaining...and boy can that guy decorate a cake.

Sinon is on the Breakaway now, we had him last week, "YOU ARE MY SUNSHINE, MY ONLY SUNSHINE" at the crack of dawn after coming back from the club at 4am and being woken up was like AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! But he did keep you informed about why we were leaving late from ports and actually gave the reasons for everything...If it wasn't him, it was the Capt.

Just off The Spirit & Gio was the CD. All I can say is that someone ought to hide his microphone & tell him screaming doesn't make him sound any better.

I'm sure he does a good job and many like him, but we avoided anything with him around as he drove us nuts. One guy actually told him to shut up and let everyone enjoy the night. ouch!

You follow him on fb? He owns a pub type bar in the uk now

Yes, I do :) He and Angie seem to be doing well....very well deserved!!!

Anyone know who is currently on the Sun?

Edited by halos

We were on the Epic in December and the CD was Alex. He was ok, nothing special in my opinion. Not around a lot.

Actually Richard, the assistant cruise director on EPIC was a lot more visable, and had more energy than Alex. I sail on the Epic again on Saturday I will see if he has imporved since we sailed in December

Edited by tiffygirl

I have to say that I'm one of those that don't "pay attention" to the CD or anyone else on board that is staff (I mean other than to say hello and thank you and so on). It does not make or break a cruise for me (who's going to be the CD on a ship). I just happen to run across one or two of them that were extremely friendly and would come up and talk to you all the time and you get to know them. Then you see them everywhere and hear them everywhere and you notice they are the CD. Not all CD's are like this. Then you have the CD's that come to the partys and they really know how to "pump up" the crowd and get them excited. It just makes for a better time during that event. I have seen CD's that you could tell they absolutely LOVE their job and others that you can tell "it's just a job". :)

I didnt get it at first why everyone was so caught up in this person or that person. But when I sailed the Breakaway and I was exposed the HD at that time Sean Wurmhoeringer, i understand now.

When you have a great HD like Sean, the ship runs smoother, problems are resolved. Scheduling of events are done right. i saw it with my own eyes...LOL

When i sailed the Epic in December Steve was the HD he was not visable, the activities schedules were amiss. HD decides the schedule for the dailies. We had some serious issues with the solo gathering times and the HD was responsible for setting the schedules.

so now I pay attention to the Hotel Director.

I'm kind of surprised with all the name-dropping. I've been on numerous cruises and have not even met the Cruise Director. Where do you meet them and find out their life story. ;) I feel like I'm missing something. :p

Gary Glading has written a book about his very interesting life. He gives a book talk/signing during the cruise. He's had his own TV show, performed as part of an act on cruise ships, trained all the CDs for Costa, etc. etc.

I bought a copy of his book. The book sales benefit the animal refuge he runs in Northern Italy.

I didnt get it at first why everyone was so caught up in this person or that person. But when I sailed the Breakaway and I was exposed the HD at that time Sean Wurmhoeringer, i understand now.

When you have a great HD like Sean, the ship runs smoother, problems are resolved. Scheduling of events are done right. i saw it with my own eyes...LOL

When i sailed the Epic in December Steve was the HD he was not visable, the activities schedules were amiss. HD decides the schedule for the dailies. We had some serious issues with the solo gathering times and the HD was responsible for setting the schedules.

so now I pay attention to the Hotel Director.

Hey Tiff

No one can be like Sean But there are several other great ones as well. Tony Winkler, Yannis Kazalis, Hugo Vanosmael, Prem, and of course sweet Jenny Lim!!

Suzanne

Edited by sjnyc323

Yes, Sinan is on the Breakaway but only for a couple more weeks a vacation relief.

Thanks for the info. Not to split hairs but does that mean Sinan will be on vacation for our Jan. 19th Breakaway cruise? We've yet to sail with him while reading so many great things about him from all of you.

If he's not going to be CD for that sailing, any idea who is taking over?

Thanks for the info. Not to split hairs but does that mean Sinan will be on vacation for our Jan. 19th Breakaway cruise? We've yet to sail with him while reading so many great things about him from all of you.

If he's not going to be CD for that sailing' date=' any idea who is taking over?[/quote']

Sinan will left on the 19th. I am assuming that whoever he replaced will be returning.

Sinan has wanted to be a Vacation Relief for a t least a couple years. Just wants to try something different.

I have no idea what his plans are after the 19th.