My first Oceania Cruise

Host Sharon

Hi everyone

I have posted a review of my first Oceania Cruise here for anyone interested. It may answer a few questions for anyone else new to Oceania. Suffice it to say I thought it the best food I have ever eaten anywhere (I may have led a sheltered life though!), and will be back soonest!

http://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=226344

Thanks for the great review, I am American and feel the same about sea days. The trips have become too port intensive. We are taking a two week trip on Rivera in the caribbean and it only has 4 sea days, should be at least 6 IMO. I think the lines have figured out it's cheaper to be tied to the pier than cruising around the ocean!! Glad you had a great time!!

Thanks for your review, Sharon. Very fair and balanced. We board Nautica in mid-November, and you just whetted my appetite for how wonderful she is. We've not been aboard Nautica in five years - she is the first O ship we sailed - so it will be like going home, in a way.

So glad to hear they are serving the miso glazed sea bass aboard Nautica too. That's also my favorite O entrée! Also happy those little pin-spot lights have been added. Loved those aboard Marina.

BTW, not all Americans dislike sea days. Our first Nautica cruise was 11 ports in 12 days, and our only complaint about the cruise was not enough sea days to relax. After that we've carefully chosen cruises which allow several sea days, and we have no problem remaining aboard if we encounter a port we've visited before or are not particularly enamored with. The relaxation and pampering offered aboard O make our cruise vacations a true oasis in our busy lives.

Thanks for all the positive comments - I stand corrected over our Transatlantic cousins' dislike of sea days. I have generally found when looking at itineraries, that UK lines do offer many more days at sea and assumed it was that, having made it across the Atlantic, it made sense to see as much as possible. On a 16 night Western Mediterranean cruise on P&O's Adonia (another R ship) last year I had 9 ports.

Tarpeain Rock - Both I and my friend were truly shocked in seeing Belfast (photos of the whole cruise will follow soon). I think we assumed that following the Peace Process that it was largely integrated now, albeit with occasional flare-ups like last month. I cannot see how things will ever improve when children are schooled separately and faced daily with huge political murals and propaganda, at least in parts of the city.

Hi everyone

I have posted a review of my first Oceania Cruise here for anyone interested. It may answer a few questions for anyone else new to Oceania. Suffice it to say I thought it the best food I have ever eaten anywhere (I may have led a sheltered life though!), and will be back soonest!

http://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=226344

I really enjoyed your review, Sharon.

It is amazing how good and plentiful the food is :)

Archived