8 Night Caribbean: LIBERTY or SUNSHINE?

Eeyoregon

Liberty or Sunshine?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Liberty or Sunshine?

• Carnival Liberty
    • Carnival Sunshine

I've narrowed it down to two cruises. Either itinerary would make me happy. But I have some first time cruisers going and I want a great ship. So, if you had to choose between the Liberty and the Sunshine, which one would you choose and WHY?

Thanks!

I chose Liberty because I have heard such good things about the ship. I was also concerned about crowds on Sunshine. I decided to wait and see how she does when she gets to the US and sails from here for a bit and see what others say. I know Liberty doesn't have all the bells and whistles of Sunshine but I'm ok with that.

I chose Liberty because I have heard such good things about the ship. I was also concerned about crowds on Sunshine. I decided to wait and see how she does when she gets to the US and sails from here for a bit and see what others say. I know Liberty doesn't have all the bells and whistles of Sunshine but I'm ok with that.

What does Sunshine have that Liberty doesn't? Liberty got the 2.0 upgrades.

Have sailed the Liberty twice...and sailed the Sunshine when she was the Destiny...I would choose the Sunshine..but prices are also higher I think?...and with first time cruisers with you they would be wowed by the Liberty...good ship...

I liked the pics I've seen of the new Sunshine...not sure about crowding issues though.

What does Sunshine have that Liberty doesn't? Liberty got the 2.0 upgrades.

Sunshine has waterworks, Liberty just has the twister slide. Sunshine also has some extra dining options Liberty doesn't (the asian place, Italian place, Shake Spot, Havana bar, maybe some others) and I think that's it. I'm sure someone else can let me know if I missed something.

I said Liberty, because I have sailed on that ship, and that was before the 2.0 upgrades. It was my best ever cruise, and that is why I chose Liberty. Itinerary might sway me the other way, but I admit to being somewhat turned off by some negative reviews on Sunshine. Not saying I would never sail on that ship, but given a choice I would still choose Liberty.:)

I didn't vote because I've only been on the Liberty...three times! I love the Liberty. I just got off the Valor and watched the "documentary" on the Sunshine upgrades. They looked very impressive. We are looking at a September 2014 8 day out of Port Canaveral...both the Liberty and the Sunshine do the same itinerary. It looks like the Sunshine is about $120 more per person (4 in a cabin). I think we are leaning towards Sunshine to give the new digs a try.

I've narrowed it down to two cruises. Either itinerary would make me happy. But I have some first time cruisers going and I want a great ship. So, if you had to choose between the Liberty and the Sunshine, which one would you choose and WH

I've narrowed it down to two cruises. Either itinerary would make me happy. But I have some first time cruisers going and I want a great ship. So, if you had to choose between the Liberty and the Sunshine, which one would you choose and WHY?

Thanks!

I'm partial to the Liberty because of the Cover Band "Music Boardwalk" that will be there on my May 9th cruise next year. I also like

the itinerary. Eight day cruise that includes Aruba which I've never been to. Sorry about the double post. Made a mistake. Mary49

Not many folks here seem to have been on both, myself included. I've been on the Liberty and her sister the Glory. Fine ships. Laid out well, and easy to navigate. I think a first timer would love the Liberty, especially with you there to fill in the blanks.

Going on the Sunshine in May. Hope it knocks my socks off.

Archived