Noon Flight out of Miami - capable?

xcell

Totally doable! You will probably be sitting in the airport for quite some time before your flight!

Not necessarily true. Some have reported 2 hour security lines on Saturday mornings.

OP - Just to be safe I would walk off with my bags as early as possible. There should be lots of cabs and a short 15-20 minute drive. You may, as stated, get to the airport by 9 and have a while to wait, but I'd rather get there early and go have some breakfast than rush around and worry about making it. Just my view though.

I've done that before -- a Miami flight leaving at 11:30. BUT, I wouldn't try it again. I walked off the Epic, got a cab, and faced almost a 3 hour security clearance. I would rather now take my time getting off the ship and take a later flight. There were some people in line with me that had been late getting off another ship and they missed their flight. The Miami airport doesn't seem to be prepared for the number of flights on Saturday and Sunday mornings. It is a real zoo.

It's the increase in passengers due to the introduction of the new megaships that cause the airport congestion...Ft Lauderdale is the prime example..airport facility constraints and the downsizing of aircraft type also contribute to the challenge

It's always tempting price and time wise to book the flight noon or before..there are too many factors outside your control that makes it dicey..let alone stressful which would be the last thing you would want after a great cruise

It's the increase in passengers due to the introduction of the new megaships that cause the airport congestion...Ft Lauderdale is the prime example..airport facility constraints and the downsizing of aircraft type also contribute to the challenge

Fair point. I don't think any of our Miami cruises included porting with megaships, so that probably helped our smooth sailing through the airport.

the past couple times we flew out of Miami in the afternoon..took our time debarking..even hiding out so we could spend as much time on the ship as possible..yet each time we were found and encouraged to get out!!:o

each time we were off by 10am at a very leisurely pace..and strolled into MIA well befor noon..

we, like may others are always fearful of missing our flights due to conditions out of control..and like many others were able to get to the airport in time to see many other flights leaving and wishing we were on one of them..

yet we shake our heads when we see others running around with smile less face with flights scheduled befor noon..always thinking *what if we re delayed*

chances are you ll be fine..they ll be asking if anyone has a early flight and try to get you to debark early..carry your bags off and have your boarding pass s printed ahead of time..better yet..if they have a *bags* program, use it..they ll send your luggage ahead of you, to your flight and print your boarding pass s..

6 - 8 weeks after your interview.

And it can take more than a month before they arrange the interview, then several weeks (depending on the location) to have your interview. From application to card for me took over 4 months

It says that we arrive in Miami at 8am... really that late? I thought most cruise ships arrive at 6am??? Or is 8am when they start departing. ..

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Forums mobile app

The ship is cleared for disembarking at 8 AM so long as it clears immigration.