Freedom Fragments....and RUMORS

Merion_Mom

Yes, after a B2B on the Oasis, I am on a B2B on the Freedom. :D

First, some rumors learned on board.

Quantum will be homeported indefinitely at Cape Liberty

Homeport of Anthem still unknown.

Oasis class ship NOT being homeported in Cape Canaveral.

Internet: ultimately, what is being tried out on the Allure will be the model for all ships.

Currently, Freedom is 75 cents/min whereas Oasis is 65. Revenue officer on Freedom has no logical explanation. But she's the one who told me the statement above.

I should have done Freedom first. ;) Hard to go from Oasis to Freedom. I am loving Freedom, but......

My cabin is awesome. D1. VERY comfortable bed. More comfortable than on Oasis.

RICHARD SPACEY. What more can I say? Love him.

Clint Holmes was the headliner last night. GREAT.

It's hot as HELL here on Grand Cayman. (get it?)

Food has been wonderful.

OH. One huge newsflash. No honey stung chicken the first day.

No spinach on salad bar, either.

:( :(

Gotta run for the tender. Will check here tomorrow when we are in Cozumel.

Interesting statement about an Oasis Class not being ported out of Port Canaveral.

Makes no sense to not home port an Oasis Class given the fact they are building a new, lager capacity cruise terminal designed to accommodate such ships, as well as dredging and widening the channel for the same reason.

Only time will tell, and you said it in your thread title. Rumors.

BTW, Freedom of the Seas is still my favorite ship. :)

Interesting statement about an Oasis Class not being ported out of Port Canaveral.

Makes no sense to not home port an Oasis Class given the fact they are building a new, lager capacity cruise terminal designed to accommodate such ships, as well as dredging and widening the channel for the same reason.

I haven't heard anything to this effect, but they could also be widening and dredging to accomodate day stops for Quantum and/or Oasis class.

Food has been wonderful.

Hey Carol,

The Chef sent some honey stung chicken (cut into fingers) to the DL one night by special request. Maybe you could get some that way.

Also, no proscuitto on the salad bar either:(:(:(

And the new tea bags are terrible.

Freedom and Enchantment are in PC and Explorer is coming to join them.

RCCL signed a contract with Port Everglades to bring in a certain number of passengers in a ten year period in exchange for terminal 18. In order to get to that very large number they need both Oasis class ships in FLL.

First, some rumors learned on board.

Quantum will be homeported indefinitely at Cape Liberty

Homeport of Anthem still unknown.

Oasis class ship NOT being homeported in Cape Canaveral.

Internet: ultimately, what is being tried out on the Allure will be the model for all ships.

Currently, Freedom is 75 cents/min whereas Oasis is 65. Revenue officer on Freedom has no logical explanation. But she's the one who told me the statement above.

I should have done Freedom first. ;) Hard to go from Oasis to Freedom. I am loving Freedom, but......

My cabin is awesome. D1. VERY comfortable bed. More comfortable than on Oasis.

RICHARD SPACEY. What more can I say? Love him.

Clint Holmes was the headliner last night. GREAT.

It's hot as HELL here on Grand Cayman. (get it?)

Food has been wonderful.

Do you know how long Richard Spacey will be onboard? Have a 12/8 cruise planned and have hear allot of good things. Hoping he is still there.

Enjoy your cruise. :D

RCCL signed a contract with Port Everglades to bring in a certain number of passengers in a ten year period in exchange for terminal 18. In order to get to that very large number they need both Oasis class ships in FLL.

BUT, there is a 3rd Oasis class ship comming and Port Canaveral have just voted to proceed with plans for a new cruise terminal which will handle the largest cruise ships, as they can already handle to Freedom class, this would lead me to believe that an Oasis class, either the new one or Oasis or Allure, might be headed to PC when the 3rd ship is built. Local news reports that PC are in contract negotiations with a cruise line for the new terminal, and the only one that needs a bigger terminal is RCI, Carnival already use the newest terminal built last year.

BUT, there is a 3rd Oasis class ship comming and Port Canaveral have just voted to proceed with plans for a new cruise terminal which will handle the largest cruise ships, as they can already handle to Freedom class, this would lead me to believe that an Oasis class, either the new one or Oasis or Allure, might be headed to PC when the 3rd ship is built. Local news reports that PC are in contract negotiations with a cruise line for the new terminal, and the only one that needs a bigger terminal is RCI, Carnival already use the newest terminal built last year.

There's also a third Sunshine Class ship on order.

Except that THAT rumor came from Captain Tor. Twice. :)

I haven't heard anything to this effect, but they could also be widening and dredging to accomodate day stops for Quantum and/or Oasis class.

Captain Tor said that the immediate goal for these renovationswas for cargo ships.

He said that any plans on the part of Port Canaveral are years off. They have no actual plans or financing yet.

Hey Carol,

The Chef sent some honey stung chicken (cut into fingers) to the DL one night by special request. Maybe you could get some that way.

Also, no proscuitto on the salad bar either:(:(:(

And the new tea bags are terrible.

I know. :( I brought my own teabags! ;)

Captain Tor said that the changes CURRENTLY being made at PC will allow the Oasis/Allure to come to CP in an EMERGENCY. (if Miami/FL are closed because of hurricane, etc), but only if it is a true emergency, NOT on a regular basis.

The 3rd Oasis class ship will NOT be built in Finland, but in Germany. (Meyer Werft)

Captain Tor said that the changes CURRENTLY being made at PC will allow the Oasis/Allure to come to CP in an EMERGENCY. (if Miami/FL are closed because of hurricane, etc), but only if it is a true emergency, NOT on a regular basis.

The 3rd Oasis class ship will NOT be built in Finland, but in Germany. (Meyer Werft)

I thought the 3rd Oasis class ship was being built in France by STX? :confused:

Ok, maybe it's France. QUANTUM is in Germany. :D

Yes, Oasis III is coming from Saint-Nazaire, France, same shipyard that built Sovereign class. The shipyard in Germany that is building Quantum cannot deliver a ship as wide as Oasis.

Doesn't mean that the third Oasis class ship will cruise from the U.S. There are other parts of the world that this ship can cruise from such as Asia which is a huge focus for RCI right now.

Archived