New VIP Info.

maggie.1008

This morning I received a email from a friend who is on the Infinity now. They are trying the new VIP program. It is in Michaels club. Suite guests and people with 50 + tier credits. ( only 3 people with 50 + ) They let my friend bring in guests not staying in her cabin. They are also allowed to take drinks and wine out of the club to bring to dinner. Sorry that is all the information I have. Leave for Barcelona for cruise on Equinox on Monday. After my next cruise in April I will have 38 tier credits. Will still need 12 more. Oh No.

What I would like to know is if this VIP trial project will be introduced to other ships?

I would also like to know how many friends can tag along when not staying in the same cabin?

Trying a new program on a selected ship is SOP for Celebrity. The next steps would be to try it on a second ship, possibly S Class and if successful implementing it throughout the fleet. That's precisely what they did with new menus. I don't know if the "50" number is magic. Might be that they simply invited the top 3 cruisers to the event. As you well know there are cruises where 100 points doesn't place one in the top three. Given space limitations our February Century cruise will probably draw the line at 75 credits. How many will have over 100 points on that cruise. Think we have a work in progress.

I can probably guess at the answer to that one. If they meet the VIP criteria then I'm sure they'll be welcomed. If they don't then they'll be out of luck. Rightly in my view.

Phil

I would agree with you but the OP stated:

Suite guests and people with 50 + tier credits. ( only 3 people with 50 + ) They let my friend bring in guests not staying in her cabin. They are also allowed to take drinks and wine out of the club to bring to dinner.

I would also like to know if it includes all suite categories or only "senior ($$$) suites"

Maggie, we're on the Equinox cruise with you next week, and there are some of us that will meet that criteria. I wonder if Celebrity will implement it only that particular cruise, or will give this new program some time to see if it's worth-while.

Karyn

Edited by Karynanne

I wonder if they weren't doing this on Infinity when we sailed in August. Michael's club was always dark with a "private function" sign out front. They definitely weren't using it as a craft beer venue. I never saw a soul in there.

I'm in favor of upping the ante for passengers heavy on the Celebrity loyalty, but all of Michael's Club for the entire cruise for three people seems maybe inappropriate? Is there not a more intimate area to accommodate 3-6 people?

There was another thread a few weeks ago where the top cruisers on the Infinity were well under 50 points but were invited to the VIP lounge. Maybe on this cruise the third person just happened to have 50 points.

See post #8. Can be capacity controlled or exclusive for top 3 or 4 cruisers on each cruise. They probably need some time to work it out.

Edited by Orator

Is there not a more intimate area to accommodate 3-6 people?

The bridge would be nice... Have to keep the Officers away from the open bar though.. ;)

The problem with Michael's has always been the lack of a view.

Once Suite occupants have grown accustomed to the perk, more may take advantage on a daily basis. I believe that X is still trying to determine what the magic # is, all the time realizing what happens as more reach a threshold over time. Five years ago there was only one couple with over a 100 cruise credits, now there are more than 100 individuals over that mark (Equivalent of Pinnacle at RCI). If reciprocity is expanded then the room will fill without a problem.