This One is for Chocolate Loving Ruth

solocanadian

I am not Ruth either....but the commercial has been all over our TV for months so perhaps it is a Canadian thing?? I have not tried it either as I am still trying to lose some weight so not wanting to temp the chocolate beast that lies dormant within......:o:)

I have been getting my chocolate fix from the Philadelphia chocolate cream cheese for a few months now. It's very good. It has just the right amount of chocolate in it. It spreads very thin, so I don't use a huge amount. So, it actually allays the chocolate "beast". I was in California in August and my sister was able to find it in the grocery store, so it is in the States.

No, I have not seen the ad (rarely have the TV on, and don't pay attention to the ads when I do), so didn't know about the product.

I do remember, decades ago, my husband found something like that at one of those cheese kiosks at the mall at Christmas time. Of course he bought it and brought it home to me. I didn't like it. :p

Maybe the Philly cream cheese is better? I just may try it! (oh, who am I kidding. of course I'm going to try it. :rolleyes:)

Thanks for bringing it up! :D

Ruth---did you ever try freezing chocolate and then eating it frozen? It's so good.

No, never tried that, and I doubt I ever will. Don't want to break a tooth, or anything like that. ;) Besides, the HAL chocolates have always stayed quite nicely right there on the dining room table.

Then I grab a few at a time.

My husband used to buy nice chocolate and then put it in the refrigerator. :eek: I never could figure that one out. He thought it would go bad. :rolleyes: Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha! As if chocolate could ever go bad. :confused: As if it would last long enough to go bad even if it could! :D

Oh, Ruth, it's delicious! :D As boulders has said, it spreads very thinly so you don't need a lot to get the chocolate flavor. Great on toast in the morning, and not nearly as calorie laden as Nutella. I hope you can find it in your local grocery store.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

Gerry

No, never tried that, and I doubt I ever will. Don't want to break a tooth, or anything like that. ;) Besides, the HAL chocolates have always stayed quite nicely right there on the dining room table.

Then I grab a few at a time.

My husband used to buy nice chocolate and then put it in the refrigerator. :eek: I never could figure that one out. He thought it would go bad. :rolleyes: Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha! As if chocolate could ever go bad. :confused: As if it would last long enough to go bad even if it could! :D

You won't break a tooth. Just snap a piece off and let it melt in your mouth. Or freeze some Hershey kisses. Small enough. That you don't need to bite them. Rosebuds work well too.

Nutella is much better.

About the 10th day of our recent 16-day trans-Atlantic on Eurodam, DW discovered individual serving packets of Nutella on the Lido breakfast line. For the next 6 days, we had bananas and Nutella for breakfast (is that a good or a bad thing ... are you a good witch or a bad witch?). And, we noticed many of the packets on tables around us as well!

The great/terrible news -- HAL has Nutella on the Lido, at least on Eurodam.

Dave

Last Christmas and for about a month, Aldi's had White English Cheddar with Chocolate in it. We couldn't get enough of it.

Oh my...that sounds yummy! Just the other day, the local ice cream store had salted caramel with chocolate...it is my new favorite flavor.

Re the Philadelphia Cream Cheese Chocolate...I'll bet they're test marketing it in Canada. That's what these companies do with new products.

I just found out about Skippy peanut butter with chocolate in it. There's even a coupon in the circular this week.

I put peanut butter on my English muffin, or bagel, every morning. I am in deep, deep, trouble here. :eek:

Oh, and just to keep this related to cruising, I ask for the peanut butter in the Lido every morning. Wonder if HAL will get the kind with chocolate mixed in it??? Or the cream cheese with chocolate?:D

I just found out about Skippy peanut butter with chocolate in it. There's even a coupon in the circular this week.

I put peanut butter on my English muffin, or bagel, every morning. I am in deep, deep, trouble here. :eek:

Oh, and just to keep this related to cruising, I ask for the peanut butter in the Lido every morning. Wonder if HAL will get the kind with chocolate mixed in it??? Or the cream cheese with chocolate?:D

Sometimes I've found the peanut butter in the Lido is a big secret. On some ships, it's right out there where you can see it; on others you have to ask and they go off into the deep yonder and bring it out in small containers. Either way, it's very healthy for you.I wonder how much cream cheese with chocolate they'll let us carry on?

Sometimes I've found the peanut butter in the Lido is a big secret. On some ships, it's right out there where you can see it; on others you have to ask and they go off into the deep yonder and bring it out in small containers. Either way, it's very healthy for you.I wonder how much cream cheese with chocolate they'll let us carry on?

Well, let's see if it follows the same course as the wine policy. . . In the beginning as much as you want. Then they'll limit it to one at embarkation, providing of course you pay a fee to let them open it for you. Am I being snarky? You bet.

Archived