Beds on Norwegian boats

snorkler8

I have only cruised on Holland and Celebrity. They have awesome beds, very comfortable. But I have found an itinerary that is great, so I'm thinking of trying out Norwegian. There is nothing quite like a great bed and being gently rocked to sleep... But how good are the beds??

I don't think they are as good as the first two you mentioned, but probably better than Princess, which I think had the poorest I've sailed on, if that helps you any....

Of course, if you are sailing on a new ship like the Breakaway, it probably has pretty good mattresses.

I have only cruised on Holland and Celebrity. They have awesome beds, very comfortable. But I have found an itinerary that is great, so I'm thinking of trying out Norwegian. There is nothing quite like a great bed and being gently rocked to sleep... But how good are the beds??

We think that the beds are too good! We want to sleep as little as possible on a cruise but the beds are so good so it's hard to stay away from them!

I don't think that there are any beds on the boats onboard Norwegian ships - that would be a waste of perfectly good life saving space. ;)

Sorry, I had to. :D

Went over my head.:confused:

I've never had a problem with the beds. IMHO they're very comfortable.

Went over my head.:confused:

I've never had a problem with the beds. IMHO they're very comfortable.

Playing with the word "Boat". They are Ships!!! LOL I LMAO on that one!! I got it!! Good one.

Getting to the OP's question.....I love the beds on NCL, so comfortable. Years ago I was on Celeb and they seemed to have cot like beds, but again that was years ago.:eek:

Playing with the word "Boat". They are Ships!!! LOL I LMAO on that one!! I got it!! Good one.

Getting to the OP's question.....I love the beds on NCL, so comfortable. Years ago I was on Celeb and they seemed to have cot like beds, but again that was years ago.:eek:

I see now, thanks

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

OP this is a good question as we will be on our first NCL cruise this year after 4 consecutive HAL cruises. I have to admit HAL mattresses are great and HAL even sells them online as I guess many of their passengers want them for use at home. I have read on other threads that NCL does have good beds. But, I hope you are judging changing to NCL for reasons other than the beds. We are making a change because of the Freestyle cruising which means we will not have to lug a second suit case of dress up clothes just to eat in the evenings on a vacation in the hot climate of the Caribbean. I am looking forward to all of the dinning venues NCL has with no set dinning times in any of them.

Edited by terrydtx

I don't think that there are any beds on the boats onboard Norwegian ships - that would be a waste of perfectly good life saving space. ;)

Sorry, I had to. :D

Hahaha, I was thinking the same "Norwegian boats" aren't equipped with beds.

However, we've had no issues with the beds on the ships, very comfortable. I am a light sleeper but the rocking of the ship and the comfy mattress lulls me right to sleep, no problem.

Hope you decide to give it try with NCL and whatever you decide, enjoy your vacation.

Edited by B6ConMe

A ship can carry a boat. A boat cannot carry a ship.

A ship's captain gets annoyed if you refer to his vessel as a boat, but a boat's captain does not get annoyed if you refer to his vessel as a ship.

A destroyer is a ship and a submarine is a boat although all naval vessels are referred to as ships.

I have found the beds on Holland America to be more comfortable but NCL's are good also

No complaints.

After our Epic cruise I searched high and low to see if I could determine what bed was used on the ship. It was that comfortable. I've not sailed HAL or Celebrity, but NCL is more comfortable than both Royal Caribbean and (by far) Carnival

I could easily be wrong on this one, but I cannot recall anyone being unhappy with the NCL beds. Now I've heard that some are not happy with the pull out sofas, but not with the regular beds.

There's always someone (usually new) who comes on and blasts NCL with various complaints from food to bad weather, but I cannot think of one that complained about the beds. And, I don't think I have seen it in the member reviews.

So do you remember any complaints?

Edited by kcwingwalker

I could easily be wrong on this one, but I cannot recall anyone being unhappy with the NCL beds. Now I've heard that some are not happy with the pull out sofas, but not with the regular beds.

I only remember people raving out them when commenting, but I'm sure that some don't like them since tastes are so personal.

I agree with couches. Some are too firm for a good night's rest for anyone over 100lbs, so it's always a good idea to request a mattress topper for those

There's always someone (usually new) who comes on and blasts NCL with various complaints from food to bad weather, but I cannot think of one that complained about the beds. And, I don't think I have seen it in the member reviews.

I did read one complaint... they said the bed so comfortable they couldn't resist it and didn't want to get up out of it... not the exact quote of course but...

Just sayin'

There was a time when NCL beds were awful, but I think they have all been updated in the past few years and are very comfortable. I too love the feeling of being rocked to sleep while at sea or anywhere else as far as that goes.

I like a really soft bed, so I just automatically (on the advice of a fellow Ccer) asked for the foam topper and I was very very comfortable. I plan to ask for it again right away on our next cruise so I don't have to disturb our steward later in the evening if I discover that I am uncomfortable. Better safe than sorry!;)

We are just off our first NCL cruise after Carnival, Princess and Regent. I found the bed on NCL firm and comfortable; my partner thought it was too hard and uncomfortable. Carnival beds are great and Princess beds are horrible, in my opinion!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

• 6 months later...