indian or thai food

lenbest

Where is the best place to find any authentic indian or thai food on board the Equinox or can it be ordered in the MDR.Thanks

the buffets MIGHT have a station where 'inspired' cuisine is available.

otherwise, you have to make waves and declare the food in the MDR is sub par and demand a special meal created by the crews' cooks, who will cook 'real' ethnic cuisine for the crew.

if they can, they will try and accommodate but do not expect real curry every night. at best they may make an exception one or two nights.

You'll find some pretty good Indian food at the buffets and sometimes on the menu - as was pointed out, many of the chefs are Indian. Never seen or had anything remotely resembling authentic Thai food.

I don't know beeans about Indian food, but I know what i like and the vegetable curry has been good on every Celebrity ship I've been on. The Indian buffet, good, bad, or indifferent, is a selling point for me, especially during that time of year I go without meat.

"Authentic" Indian and Thai does not exist on the Solstice Class ships although we have had a few tasty dishes at the lunch buffets. If you want truly authentic stuff...consider eating ashore at one of your ports that has a decent restaurant.

Hank

I had heard here that one could order Indian food at Blu. I inquired one evening, and before I knew it, I had an Indian feast before me! I don't know if that was a one-off or what but I felt very special!

Wow! Have not heard of this! My DH and I love Indian, will be in Aqua class in Jan for the first time. We will definitely have to ask. What ship were you on? We will be on Reflection.

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

If you want authentic Indian or Thai, the best place is unfortunately where pax may not dine, the crew mess. Since Celebrity has a large number of both ethnic groups as crew, they provide them their food, seasoned and prepared to their taste, not the americanized versions that have been adapted to US palates.

We were lunching in the MDR one day, and DW asked the waiter if he had hot sauce to add to a particular dish. He happened to be Thai, and asked if she would like some of the hot sauce that the crew used, but cautioned it might be a bit hotter than she was used to. He brought it, and we both enjoyed it. It was a bit more fiery, but had such a marvelous flavor.

Archived