MS Veendam Sailaway from Port Canaveral October 22, 2013

rafinmd

She's still pretty far out but the Veendam is on her early approach to Port Canaveral. Sometimes ships on port calls get strange docking locations but there are only 3 ships in port today so I would guess Veendam will use one of Carnival's terminals. Here's today's full list of sailaways:

Atlantic Time:

Halifax | Brilliance OTS | 7:00-17:00

Halifax | Grandeur OTS | 10:00-19:00

PB | NCL Dawn | Departing 17:30

Eastern Time:

KW | Carnival Imagination | 7:30-13:30

PC | NCL Breakaway | 12:00-21:00

PC | Veendam | 8:00-20:00 A nice long visit

To the best of my knowledge, that's the complete list with only the Veendam of general interest. I'll certainly be interested in our Baltimore ship, the Grandeur, but that's just me.

http://portcanaveralwebcam.com/

Roy

Thank you Roy

It looks like there is already a ship in at Port Canaveral.

That's the Disney Magic. It normally sails out of Miami and is now supposed to be doing a Caribbean cruise. It just came out of drydock and the work was nowhere near completed. They cancelled it's current cruise and have it in Port Canaveral where they are still working to get the ship ready for service. It moves from one dock to another as ships come in for port calls. We've all heard stories of HAL ships not being in good shape after drydock, but Disney Magic really takes the cake.

Roy

Checking on Lou's web cam, I see Royal Princess is docked in NY. Maybe I'll catch her if my timing is good.

Sorry, Carol, that isn't THE Royal Princess. It's a small sightseeing boat. THE Royal Princess is on the way from Funchal to Ft. Lauderdale. I'm surprised that they can call it that without a lot of lawsuits from Princess.

There's a story circulating (don't know if it's true or not) that my first Blount ship had a sex change. It supposedly was the Caribbean Princess and got changed to Caribbean Prince after threats from Princess.

Roy

That's the Disney Magic. It normally sails out of Miami and is now supposed to be doing a Caribbean cruise. It just came out of drydock and the work was nowhere near completed. They cancelled it's current cruise and have it in Port Canaveral where they are still working to get the ship ready for service. It moves from one dock to another as ships come in for port calls. We've all heard stories of HAL ships not being in good shape after drydock, but Disney Magic really takes the cake.

Roy

I thought that was a Disney ship.

Thanks for the information.

Roy

I had not heard that. We are sailing on the Magic out of Miami for Thanksgiving.

Rich, AIS is showing, but it's about 2 miles behind. Still shows breakaway approaching the cut. Lots of HEAVY stuff on the bottom ref your earlier post. I suspect the stabilizers also get a real workout if it's a bit windy.

Roy

I also thought it looked like a vulture - seems bigger than a gull.

We do have vultures here, they are quite common, but when it flew off its wings didn't look like a vultures wings, where the tips have a sort of droop to them.

Rich, AIS is showing, but it's about 2 miles behind. Still shows breakaway approaching the cut. Lots of HEAVY stuff on the bottom ref your earlier post. I suspect the stabilizers also get a real workout if it's a bit windy.

Roy

I guess I didn't zoom out far enough then. Usually it isn't so far behind.

I wonder where the COG is? Must be lots of stabilizing help! :D

Archived