Smell on the Wind

gollane

We are just about to make the final payment for our cruise to the Black Sea in April and I have just read an alarming review on this website regarding this vessel.

The Cruise in question was in may 2013 and the writer thought that apart from a dreadful smell around cabin 529 the ship was in such bad shape he disembarked after the first night.

Does anybody know anything about this and more importantly has the problem reappeared.

Brett

Good morning Gollane - we have been on the Wind twice since April and have not experienced any unpleasant odours. However we do not tend to visit the Suite areas on 5 Deck, confining ourselves to The Bar and Shop !!!! so cannot be specific regarding the area around 529.

We feel the ship to be in a fine state and during our 4 Cruises we experienced wonderful Food & Service and there was little room for any complaint.

I hope this helps and am sure you will have a wonderful time aboard.

We are just about to make the final payment for our cruise to the Black Sea in April and I have just read an alarming review on this website regarding this vessel.

The Cruise in question was in may 2013 and the writer thought that apart from a dreadful smell around cabin 529 the ship was in such bad shape he disembarked after the first night.

Does anybody know anything about this and more importantly has the problem reappeared.

Brett

If you believed everything that you read on the internet and especially these boards, then you would wrap yourself up in cotton wool and never leave your bed.:rolleyes:

Have a good cruise.:)

I hope that the problem on deck 5 has been fixed as I am embarking on the Wind in a month for 25 days in suite 525!

But will I let little things bother me? Of course not! I've never yet been on a ship that didn't have odd smells in odd places, and if the suite isn't initially clean, once the steward has dealt with it, there's an end to the problem. Broken clothes hangers! Disaster of Titanic proportions! It would be such a hardship to go and relax on a pool lounger with a glass of champagne and a good book while it's all sorted out.

Having read all the Wind reviews, the one to which the OP refers is just so diametrically opposed to the others it makes me wonder ... I'm not quite sure what it makes me wonder about the reviewer, but it definitely makes me wonder.

Edited by jollyjones

• 2 weeks later...

Just to reassure you Gollane we left Wind last Sunday in Barcelona and she has now gone to Palermo for a 2 week refurbishment. Yes some things were a bit tired but looks like they are being addressed so you could not have a better time to join her.

Having said that the cruise was excellent and the only unwelcome smell we encountered was when we moored opposite a cattle carrier ship on La Goulette in Tunisia. Dont even try to imagine what that was like.

Just to reassure you Gollane we left Wind last Sunday in Barcelona and she has now gone to Palermo for a 2 week refurbishment. Yes some things were a bit tired but looks like they are being addressed so you could not have a better time to join her.

Having said that the cruise was excellent and the only unwelcome smell we encountered was when we moored opposite a cattle carrier ship on La Goulette in Tunisia. Dont even try to imagine what that was like.

Do you happen to know what they will be doing to the Wind in dry dock? I am certain they will be replacing soft furnishings (carpet, upholstery, etc.) But do you know any more details? Installation of the wonderful shower stalls as they did on the Cloud? I hope! :)

Do you happen to know what they will be doing to the Wind in dry dock? I am certain they will be replacing soft furnishings (carpet, upholstery, etc.) But do you know any more details? Installation of the wonderful shower stalls as they did on the Cloud? I hope! :)

I guess I'll find out when I embark on 26th! Whatever they're doing, I just hope it is actually finished by then.

The tubs are not being replaced with showers. The $$$$ is going into replicating the Bar and La Champagne as was done on the Cloud. I think it was the most effective re-do so far. Yes, all the soft goods are being replaced. I also imagine there are mechanical issues that need attention. Have a great trip!

The tubs are not being replaced with showers.

Thank goodness for that ! I think I am the only person on here that loves a bath :D I thought it was crazy to take the bath tubs out of the Silver Suites on the Cloud :(

I guess I'll find out when I embark on 26th! Whatever they're doing, I just hope it is actually finished by then.

JOLLYjones,

Would very much appreciate hearing of your findings upon sailing, as we are due to set sail for the 1st time on Wind in January RT Ccapetown ..

Anyone know why there is no response to my Roll call, I set up for Capetown RT Jan 28 ???

I know it's a smaller ship, but have not had one poster, as yet ???

Puzzled by the lack of any response

TIA

... Broken clothes hangers! Disaster of Titanic proportions! It would be such a hardship to go and relax on a pool lounger with a glass of champagne and a good book while it's all sorted out....

OMG- A BROKEN HANGER!!! If this is common on the ships then I surely must cancel immediately!!!

Actually, you made me laugh- some reviews you read on CC come down just about to that (NOT this one- a terrible smell is-well-terrible).

Edited by 5waldos

JOLLYjones,

Would very much appreciate hearing of your findings upon sailing, as we are due to set sail for the 1st time on Wind in January RT Ccapetown ..

Anyone know why there is no response to my Roll call, I set up for Capetown RT Jan 28 ???

I know it's a smaller ship, but have not had one poster, as yet ???

Puzzled by the lack of any response

TIA

I'll try and remember to post something altho' I find it all too easy to just relax and forget about everything when cruising.

As for no reply to your roll call, well, it is a smaller ship and, speaking for myself, I never sign up on them, I wait till I'm aboard to meet people.