Allure and propulsion problems.

bilyclub

Of course he doesn't address the issue. What are they doing to fix it and when will that happen? And are itinerary times changing until the fix? Why does he dance around the issue like a politician? No one has questioned the safety of the passengers and crew.

The specifics of a fix in relation to mechanical issues aren't something typically shared with a customer in an email. That he commented about there being no impact on the "safety of our guests and crew" is simply addressing a possible concern...I personally don't see a problem with that statement.

A good CEO is very much akin to a politician. :)

My opinion.

The specifics of a fix in relation to mechanical issues aren't something typically shared with a customer in an email. That he commented about there being no impact on the "safety of our guests and crew" is simply addressing a possible concern...I personally don't see a problem with that statement.

A good CEO is very much akin to a politician. :)

My opinion.

He basically said nothing and you think that is perfectly fine. I have no issue with you feeling that way. I, and most of the people posting on CC, could tell you that a bearing in a pod is not a safety issue. If it were then the ship would be tied up in Ft. Lauderdale.

Saying nothing of substance is very frustrating to those of us with cruises booked on the ship.

My group is sailing the week of Nov 24. The RCL website still shows 10-7 for St Thomas. Is RCL keeping quiet, only announcing this rumored change when people have boarded the ship?

Like others have posted, reduced time at St Thomas would cause us to cancel our shore excursion, by far the highlight of our week.

Disappointing, but I'd rather know now when I can make alternate plans.There are a lot of ships in port that day.

We're on the same sailing. Yeah, cruise TT shows the port passenger load for the St. Thomas day @ 22k. Crazy. I'm not about to do an excursion thru the cruise line. It's very frustrating. Do I wait to cancel the private charter when we find out the day we board (before we leave port)? Do I book a 2nd excursion just to have an alternate??? Its impossible to plan this stuff.

If they want to throw in a few extra days while making a repair I'd have no complaints as long as we are beyond the 3 mile mark. Can't wait to experience the Allure

10 days means you're on what cruise? Next cruise is in 6 days. so you're either 6 or 13 days, not 10? Which is it?

Edited by BND

Does it really make a difference, I assume he is sailing a week from Sunday.

Not counting today( it's 9:30 PM), I count 11 days, We'd,Thursday,Friday,Saturday, Sunday,Monday, Tuesday,Wednesday, Thursday,Friday and Saturday. Ship sails on Sunday so that doesn't count . Maybe he is flying in on Saturday and is excited that is only 10 days away.

BTW, he is sailing on 11/10 , just checked his previous posts.

Edited by oneputt18

Does it really make a difference, I assume he is sailing a week from Sunday.

Not counting today( it's 9:30 PM), I count 11 days, We'd,Thursday,Friday,Saturday, Sunday,Monday, Tuesday,Wednesday, Thursday,Friday and Saturday. Ship sails on Sunday so that doesn't count . Maybe he is flying in on Saturday and is excited that is only 10 days away.

I'm curious. We're on this Sunday. If the poster is, I was going to ask them if they've joined our roll call. Otherwise, they can't count. Also, why do you care? If he/she is traveling on Sat, that's either 4 or 11 days, but not 10. Love your math btw.

Edited by BND

I'm curious. We're on this Sunday. If the poster is, I was going to ask them if they've joined our roll call. Otherwise, they can't count. Also, why do you care? If he/she is traveling on Sat, that's either 4 or 11 days, but not 10. Love your math btw.

Read your own post, that is not how your question sounds or is that how you always speak to people. BTW, I'll take my math why would you include Saturday if that is the day he is traveling?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We are sailing with PAMSANITY on November 10, the next eastern itinerary. If you contact RCCL Miami or the Captain's Club today by telephone, they are denying any problem exists on the Allure, and deny that the itinerary change. Stonewall.

We're sailing on 11/24 and I called RCCL twice and they say they have not heard of any issues or changes to the Allure and if there were any changes, we would be notified by the cruiseline. I asked them to escalate the issue and they said they would email the ship directly to find out what's going on and respond to me (we'll see if they keep their word). Will keep you posted.

Lana

We are sailing with PAMSANITY on November 10, the next eastern itinerary. If you contact RCCL Miami or the Captain's Club today by telephone, they are denying any problem exists on the Allure, and deny that the itinerary change. Stonewall.

When all else fails... deny.:rolleyes:

My group is sailing the week of Nov 24. The RCL website still shows 10-7 for St Thomas. Is RCL keeping quiet, only announcing this rumored change when people have boarded the ship?

Like others have posted, reduced time at St Thomas would cause us to cancel our shore excursion, by far the highlight of our week.

Disappointing, but I'd rather know now when I can make alternate plans.There are a lot of ships in port that day.

Yeah we're sailing on the same date, but we had to book our Blue Lagoon Beach Break (Nassau) through our TA (for some reason Royal wasn't offering it through them, but our TA was offering the identical excursion for the identical price). So if our Nassau time is altered we need to know that ahead of time so we can try to get our money back, otherwise we're our like $125. Getting annoyed at how Royal is handling the (lack of) information. :(

We're sailing on 11/24 and I called RCCL twice and they say they have not heard of any issues or changes to the Allure and if there were any changes, we would be notified by the cruiseline. I asked them to escalate the issue and they said they would email the ship directly to find out what's going on and respond to me (we'll see if they keep their word). Will keep you posted.

Lana

Did you mention Goldstein stating there was a "slight" speed restriction.

we just got off Allure's sailing 20-27th. our itinerary was not effected.

We have cruised to the Caribbean more times than I can count. For me, I am not really worried if there is an itinerary change.

But, the Oasis and Allure have just about always been sailing so smoothly that most of the time you didn't even know that you were on a ship.

One of the prior posters indicated that the sailing was rough.

Can you and anyone else who has sailed since the issue has been known comment on whether the cruise was smooth or did you feel a vibration or anything else different as a result of this issue?

Thanks.

We have cruised to the Caribbean more times than I can count. For me, I am not really worried if there is an itinerary change.

But, the Oasis and Allure have just about always been sailing so smoothly that most of the time you didn't even know that you were on a ship.

One of the prior posters indicated that the sailing was rough.

Can you and anyone else who has sailed since the issue has been known comment on whether the cruise was smooth or did you feel a vibration or anything else different as a result of this issue?

Thanks.

i didn't feel a thing, could not even tell I was on a ship...felt my first rock the second to last day.

Hideout11, glad you are not concerned about an itinerary change, but those who booked Atlantis packages, Blue Lagoon and other private excursions should be concerned. Good of you not be be concerned when folks who have planed to spend the day on the magnificent beaches of St. John are now looking at about 2 hours there. At least if the cruise line was upfront, valuable time and money may not have been lost by cruisers. It's not that these excursions might be cancelled, worse yet, those who have spent considerable money will have paid a lot for limited time on their excursions. Are we expected to cruise for a week with only one full day, St Martin, in port. Or worse yet, are we to be left guessing about what to do?

Hideout11, glad you are not concerned about an itinerary change, but those who booked Atlantis packages, Blue Lagoon and other private excursions should be concerned. Good of you not be be concerned when folks who have planed to spend the day on the magnificent beaches of St. John are now looking at about 2 hours there. At least if the cruise line was upfront, valuable time and money may not have been lost by cruisers. It's not that these excursions might be cancelled, worse yet, those who have spent considerable money will have paid a lot for limited time on their excursions. Are we expected to cruise for a week with only one full day, St Martin, in port. Or worse yet, are we to be left guessing about what to do?

I understand what you are saying. My trip is the Western in December so we should know a lot more by that time. I hope it works out for you.