Seaday Brunch?

valandemmy

i am disappointed that Carnival is now replacing the main dining room breakfast and lunch experience with a 1 menu for all sea days 'brunch'. I think the menu is trying to be cute while lacking the variety and quality that was previously offered on the 2 separate meal option. I think it is a ploy to get guests in the buffet for one of their sea day meals as most will not eat the dining room brunch 2 x a day and repeat the same menu for the other sea days on their voyage. I think it would be a nice change 1 sea day per cruise but to make it the only chioce for being served in the main dining room before dinner is a step in the wrong direction. I have 2 cruises planned with Carnival in the next 6 months, I plan to really give the brunch a try -- I am sure I will still have plenty to eat!

This. But we found plenty of other lunch options besides the buffet.

i am disappointed that Carnival is now replacing the main dining room breakfast and lunch experience with a 1 menu for all sea days 'brunch'. I think the menu is trying to be cute while lacking the variety and quality that was previously offered on the 2 separate meal option. I

So this brunch is replacing breakfast and lunch in the main dining room on sea days?

Yes- it's been that way for a while on the ships that offered the "Punchliner Comedy Brunch". From what I can tell, though, this menu doesn't apply to all the ships in the fleet. I'm sailing on the Paradise next and there's no mention of the brunch at all on CCL's website.

The way to tell is go to carnival.com, and look at your ship's dining options. If seaday brunch pops up you have it. If not, it looks like you still have regular breakfast and lunch in the MDR (for now). :)

• 2 weeks later...

For myself, I loved the comedy brunch (not for the comedy, but for the food) and am looking forward to the changes on our next 8 day cruise. I will have to try the pork chop for sure. Some people don’t want breakfast items for breakfast and want breakfast for lunch. The brunch gives everyone a chance to have whichever one they want when they want. I love the steak and eggs! They did change the name, most people over looked it because of the name it had. The banana cream pie is great also.

We did a B2B last month on the Conquest. We enjoyed the brunch, first week with comedy, second without. Without, is far nicer. When they dropped the comedy, the start time went from 9:00 to 8:30.

We missed the churos for dessert the 2nd week. The pork chop had an awesome sauce, but the one we had was still on the dry side.

The breads were terrific.

We went 6 times, and didn't get tired of it. :)

Sorry to butt in with a question but do I use my free drink coupon during the seaday brunch or where?

It's good in the MDR for breakfast, lunch, or brunch (if they have it)

The last sea day was very busy with people using coupons. The Conquest had a Bloody Mary bar set up in the lobby in front of the dining room, some people were getting a drink there without actually eating in the MDR.

One lady at our breakfast table on our turn-around day ordered a drink and when she got it she excused herself and left. She said it would make a day of flying easier ;)