MS Westerdam Sail-Away-Nov 9, 2013

aliaschief

No toots that I heard (or didn't hear). Dogs are about to chew my legs off so I'd better go feed them. And hide three (yes three) different meds in one bowl, then stand over said bowl so one of the other two don't steal her food/meds.

Hope to see everyone tomorrow. Have a good evening. Thanks to Chief, Dave, Lou and staff for the sail-away.

What happened? :eek: Not a single toot :(

We went through this last fall/winter, Lisa. It seemed that some of the ships won't toot after dark..nothing from the Emerald nor the Westie. Probably not from the remaining two either.

I think I arrived just in time to see her :)

welcome Lisa - it doesn't look like there will be any toots tonigh

other than the faint bellows

thanks Chief for the thread

thanks Lou and Dave for the webcam

Time to take care of dinner and Mr. Marley one more time;)

It's sad as we are losing so many:( Our benefit here - a huge following of the children of vets (I am one). So many still work and can only do Saturday and Sundays - I cover the other days - short shifts because of the dogs but happily do 5 days a week if necessary ;) I don't like to leave the puppy in the kennel too long:eek:

It works well though as I take the 'tough' shifts and happily do it as you do it in remembrance of the brave men and women who fought for freedom - including my Dad (R.I.P.), my uncle who was a POW and actually did a published documentary on CBC (Grant's War) (R.I.P.) and my aunt.

They all served and typically, two of them lied about their ages to sign on and protect us.

I have half a mind to resurrect my pittance of time thread for November 11th! We owe so much to these wonderful people and to the ones still serving this day! Sorry for going off topic

Jacqui - please resurrect Pittance of Time. Cheers, Gail

While every sailaway aboard a ship is magical, sailing after dark adds to the enjoyment and makes it even more magical, at least for me. I have been fortunate to sail from New York as well as from Port Everglades after sunset and those are truly ones to remember.

While every sailaway aboard a ship is magical, sailing after dark adds to the enjoyment and makes it even more magical, at least for me. I have been fortunate to sail from New York as well as from Port Everglades after sunset and those are truly ones to remember.

I so agree...I love seeing the display of lights. Looks like the Crown Princess is sailing somewhat full.

With the Crown Princess' tooting, there goes the "no tooting after dark" theory.

It is all up to the ship's Master, in my opinion. He/She will; or He/She won't. No real rhyme or reason unless it is a very special occasion, i.e. as the departure from a Maiden port as I experienced on the Eurodam from St. Johns, Newfoundland in September.