Carnival's Guest Appreciation Sweepstakes...why do I never get emails from Carnival?

ready2cruzagain

This morning dh received an email from Carnival for an entry into the Guest Appreciation Sweepstakes. I didn't receive one.

Every cruise that is booked, all communications with Carnival, is done by me with my email address.

So I am curious. Why is he always receiving things like this and I get nothing from Carnival.

This morning dh received an email from Carnival for an entry into the Guest Appreciation Sweepstakes. I didn't receive one.

Every cruise that is booked, all communications with Carnival, is done by me with my email address.

So I am curious. Why is he always receiving things like this and I get nothing from Carnival.

That's okay. I cruise solo and I never get anything like that. Carnival's IT system is screwy. When I booked my Conquest cruise while onboard the Valor, the home address it came up with was in Chattanooga, TN. Now I used to live just over the state line from Chattanooga in Rossville, GA (about 6 years ago, well before I ever cruised) but never lived in Chatt. What's crazier is, the young lady who did my booking said the system wouldn't allow her to correct it. So, I think there's just no rhyme or reason to CCL's systems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dh has received two emails from Carnival since we got back last Thursday...one a sale and one the survey for the cruise...I am the one booking:eek: Also wondering why I'm not getting the emails...I plan to email Carnival and ask:):):)

CCL doesn't like you evidently. They are after the new cruiser, not repeaters. You are a repeater, so no Emails!:rolleyes:

check your settings with your acct with carnival. you may have yours blocked for any emails for specials n sails. I do the bookings for when we travel and my friends would get calls when they looked on carnival.com (after I've booked it) but I don't. maybe because I was the one that booked it and have a PVP. then they get letters/or phone calls. I finally got one after our cruise was booked about the upcoming sale. but that's a first lol

check your settings with your acct with carnival. you may have yours blocked for any emails for specials n sails. I do the bookings for when we travel and my friends would get calls when they looked on carnival.com (after I've booked it) but I don't. maybe because I was the one that booked it and have a PVP. then they get letters/or phone calls. I finally got one after our cruise was booked about the upcoming sale. but that's a first lol

Nope...all of my settings are correct, so that is not it. I think Georgiagolfer got it right LOL.

Just checked my husband's email (which I only check every month or so) because we use mine for most everything. Nothing from Carnival. He still does have his email address under his profile, but I do all the bookings, etc. with CCL.

I received that email, but only those living in the US qualify....:(.

My email address ends in .ca - shouldn't that tell them something??? :rolleyes:

I received that email, but only those living in the US qualify....:(.

My email address ends in .ca - shouldn't that tell them something??? :rolleyes:

No one said Carnival's IT guys are the smartest. LOL

I just read the sweepstakes rules and here is the kicker. They are going to pick the winners on Dec. 2nd. You will receive an email and have 7 days to respond or else you forfeit the prize. :rolleyes::rolleyes:What if you are on a cruise during that time for 21 days like I am. Give me a break! Our luck we will win and be on the cruise, not respond because we don't do Internet at sea and lose the money LOL.:eek::eek:

Edited by ready2cruzagain

CCL doesn't like you evidently. They are after the new cruiser, not repeaters. You are a repeater, so no Emails!:rolleyes:

I received the email and I am heading out on my 5th Carnival cruise in 4 weeks, so your theory isn't working.

My guess, it's probably an automated system and it's the luck of the draw.

Just wanted to say thanks to the OP. I received this email today, but deleted it to trash without reading thinking it was another sale email.... I just retrieved it and submitted my entry! Would be nice to use that winning gift card on our upcoming Breeze cruise!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I received the email and I am heading out on my 5th Carnival cruise in 4 weeks, so your theory isn't working.

My guess, it's probably an automated system and it's the luck of the draw.

I'm sure it's random. I was just joking with ready2cruze, which she understood, thus the LOL.:D

I cruise with my mom a lot and we seem to have the same situation. For whatever reason, even though she handles most of the booking stuff and all, I always get the email. Of course I always fill it out as I use it to formally commend crew members for doing a good job, to let them know what I liked and did not like about the trip, etc. It is odd that they only send certain people the surveys though.

FlyingCruiserNJ

I got the email but my husband does all the bookings just go back to his email and enter your self I did it for both of us ..:D

Probably not too far from the truth.

CCL knows you like their product, so its going to go after the secondary guest. One who may be a first timer or somebody who they feel might have interest in a booking of their own. In some cases sales probably don't realize some of these guests are repeats until they're told.

I booked my 4th CCL cruise 2 months ago. Prior to that, I was researching on Carnival's website, Priceline, and here every other day. I never received a call or email from them which surprised me. On the other hand, my mom was added to my Valor cruise several months ago and Carnival has called her a few times to see if she's interested in sailing the Pride.

Slightly off topic, but I think I'm selling myself up for an upsell call. I booked an inside guarantee cabin for my upcoming Victory cruise late March 2014. I've always booked balconies on my CCL cruises. That time period is an awesome time to cruise and they might push sales on some ships. I'm not counting on it, but if they don't call me for an upgrade, I'll be very surprised.

Edited by seannyice81