MS Noordam Sail-Away-Nov. 15, 2013

aliaschief

Thanks Chief - hope to be here if she's on time :D

Irish Eyes is Sailing (Linda) will be waving to us. She'll have hot pink hand towel.

From the Bon voyage thread - here's how to identify her:

To anyone interested: If all my luggage makes it okay, I will try to wear a yellow shirt and have the hot pink hand towel to wave. My DH wears a lot of white, beige and light colors (white to match his hair!). I am the one that loves colorful things! So I will try to be up top towards the stern waving my hot pink towel if the weather cooperates....hoping some of you wave back

Thanks Chief - hope to be here if she's on time :D

Irish Eyes is Sailing (Linda) will be waving to us. She'll have hot pink hand towel.

From the Bon voyage thread - here's how to identify her:

To anyone interested: If all my luggage makes it okay, I will try to wear a yellow shirt and have the hot pink hand towel to wave. My DH wears a lot of white, beige and light colors (white to match his hair!). I am the one that loves colorful things! So I will try to be up top towards the stern waving my hot pink towel if the weather cooperates....hoping some of you wave back

FYI - I am going to be on the Eurodam on Sunday the 17th..........not the Noordam.....and yes, I will try to be watching the Noordam today!:)

Thanks Innlady but I will be on the Eurodam on Sunday the 17th, not the Noordam today......I am going to be waving at those lucky folks today from land, here in Charlotte!!! I fly out to FLL tomorrow....:D

Thanks for setting us straight. We would have been wondering what had happened to you!:eek:

FYI - I am going to be on the Eurodam on Sunday the 17th..........not the Noordam.....and yes, I will try to be watching the Noordam today!:)

oops - I blew it trying to remember:o sorry about that Linda:o

Doesn't look like great weather. When is the best time to sail in the Caribbean? I lived in Nassau for a few years (long time ago, when I was single!) and it seemed to me we used to laugh at all the northerners who arrived in Nassau in the "winter" and would strip off their fur coats and race to the ocean, while we were dressed in our "woollies" and wouldn't dream of swimming. I guess it's all a matter of what you're used to. We've never cruised in the Caribbean, although we have been through the Panama Canal.

Random musings: One has to wonder: How the ships' crews (Noordam, NA, Ryndam particularly) likes having to adjust from such fabulous ports in the Med to some not-so-nice ones in the Caribbean. Must be a shock to the system! For a video they did on the NA, they interviewed crew all around the ship...from the Captain on down...and asked them their favorite ports. With the exception of the Guest Relations Manager who said NYC and an Indonesian crew member who said Alaska, the rest were all ports in the Med...for many, it was Barcelona.

Just checked Port Schedule. Noordam is now slated for a 5.00 PM departure. After a TA must have a lot of stores to replenish.

bummer:( That is Mr. Marley's dinner time - maybe I can figure something out and feed him a few minutes early? Trouble is - you just never know:(

One more month to go and the 6 pm feeding will be gone - he'll be down to two times a day (much more civilized for me;))