Watches

peaches84

I have only seen them on Oasis and Allure. I think they only have the Bolds that I have seen as well. I got mine for roughly $100 of us retail and of course no tax. I didn't get mine on the ship but on a Island but it was the same price both places.

I have only seen them on Oasis and Allure. I think they only have the Bolds that I have seen as well. I got mine for roughly $100 of us retail and of course no tax. I didn't get mine on the ship but on a Island but it was the same price both places.

credit card bonus points on ship :D

Hello

Can any one tell me if they sell Movado watches on board and roughly how much they go for? I'm trying to figure out if I should wait till my next cruise to get one. Thanks in advance.

Why would you want to buy a watch on a ship????

Many watches have a max discount set by the manufacturer. Movado is around 25%. Higher end watches are 15% and more if solid gold and slow movers.

Depending on the Movado you can deal if you buy something else. I bought a Tag at Litttle Switzerland and got their two promo Movado watches for another $100 instead $300. They made great presents.

Would advise against not declaring. Not worth getting caught, fined plus losing your merchandise. You arre allowed $1600 for two people and I doubt that the Movado would be that much and if it is the duty isn't that much. Bought a Patek and declared it. Had a nice conversation with the agent and was told a few stories about not declaring, and how they can spot stuff.

.🎅🎄

The allure and oasis have the best selection. My husband got one on the allure. I would wait and get it on the ship and if u have a rccl visa that's a nice bonus of double points : ). Something special about buying certain things while on vacation. Everytime my husband looks at his watch it brings back memories.

I would expect 15-20% on the ship, not including your duty importing into Canada, which can be significant. Movado can be hit and miss on discounts at retail, as they tend to be sold heavily in department stores that don't deal.

If you can find the watch you want in Canada in a shop that will deal, see what they'll do. If you were talking TAG, Omega, JLC, etc., I'm sure you could beat the shipboard price with a little work. Movado probably can be beat, but it will probably take more work.

Other than Rolex and Panerai (which are far more expensive than what you're talking about) I've never found a watch in the Caribbean that I couldn't have matched or beat the price in the states. But I am a watch geek...

That Sam's club, probably Costco as well, carries some Movado watches, might be a good price comparison.

Also some islands are better than others and easily beat the ships price, but know your prices before you go/shop.

As already pointed out, many manufactures have a fixed discount so beware if the price is much lower, you might not have a warranty if needed.

We priced a Tissot on St. Maarten for $1150; ship's price (on Allure) was $650. That's why.

I have NEVER seen any watch, jewelry, or electronics on any ship for less than you can buy equivalent on sale at home

The only reason I buy on vacation is if it's a special item that I haven't seen before

Edited by SeaUs

Hello

Can any one tell me if they sell Movado watches on board and roughly how much they go for? I'm trying to figure out if I should wait till my next cruise to get one. Thanks in advance.

The only advise I would give you is to price it out first. I was on the Explorer last month and saw a watch that I liked in the Promande Jewelry shop. They were advertizing their on board sale price as $450.00

I really liked the watch, but I wasn't sure about the price. So I went upstairs to their computer area to check the price on a watch website that I had made purchases from in the past.

Needless to say the onboard price stunk. When I got home I ordered the watch for $246.60 with free shipping and no sales tax and saved myself $203.40

So check your prices at home first. Just because you are buying onboard does not mean that you are getting any bargains.

Thanks for all the help! It's cheaper for me to wait till I go on vacation since I won't have to pay 13% tax. I will definitely price it here first and compare on the cruise and in ports. For the scandal fans I really like Olivia's watch and am slightly obsessed about getting it lol

Thanks for all the help! It's cheaper for me to wait till I go on vacation since I won't have to pay 13% tax. I will definitely price it here first and compare on the cruise and in ports. For the scandal fans I really like Olivia's watch and am slightly obsessed about getting it lol

What does she wear?

I have NEVER seen any watch, jewelry, or electronics on any ship for less than you can buy equivalent on sale at home

The only reason I buy on vacation is if it's a special item that I haven't seen before

agreed. nothing on the ship or in the duty free shops was less than what I could buy it in the states. for the investment involved in a nicer watch I'm not going to buy on a ship or particularly on some island.

agreed. nothing on the ship or in the duty free shops was less than what I could buy it in the states. for the investment involved in a nicer watch I'm not going to buy on a ship or particularly on some island.

This is why I wait till I go to the States. Canadian prices are ridiculous. Main reason I buy on the ship or on vacation is for duty free. I always save money doing this.

Are there any deals on Rolex watches in the Caribbean? Do they sell any used Rolex's for decent prices?

I've never seen a used one for sale, nor would I really consider buying one in the Caribbean. Unfortunately, Rolex is probably the most counterfeited watch in the world...

You will likely be offered 5-10% off U.S. retail in the Caribbean. For a stainless steel sports watch (e.g. a Submariner), that's better than you're likely to do in the states. If you're thinking precious metal or lady's models, you need to do some research before traveling as those are sometimes, quietly, discounted.

Do keep in mind that legally Rolex U.S.A. is the trademark holder of the Rolex name in the U.S. You may legally import ONE Rolex on your person when entering the U.S. You cannot legally ship a Rolex into the U.S., and if you attempt to import more than one, ALL are subject to seizure by CBP. It doesn't matter if they're new or used, BTW.

And, before people start crying "BS"...

http://www.cbp.gov/xp/CustomsToday/2002/February/other/christmas.xml

Edited by markeb