The 1-2-3 Promo is a con!

kevinyork

Right at the moment my cruise that I booked with the free beverage perk is lower than what I paid for.

Now' date=' if it remains at the lower price with the new 11/29 perk can I cancel and rebook?[/quote']

Wait, thought everyone said the prices went up....

Seriously though, since you would have the same perk (drink package) i would assume that you would be able to get the lower price. But then again my be wrong, might some fine prints somewhere. But for sure on friday i would call them and try if I were you. If not and there is no cancellation fee ? Cancel and rebook right away. In my opinion

My Summit AQ1 aft is the exact same price today as it was when I booked it in June, with the last promo, and unless they raise the price in the next 48 hours, its a win for those of us that booked early as well as friends that waited to 'see the price drop'.......

I too was seeing same thing, green tag under discounted price yes ?

Yes, when I was looking up cruises last week, I saw the same thing. The price that came up initially was the 10%-discounted, non-loyalty Giving Thanks price.

There was even a discussion about this on another thread last week.

Wait, thought everyone said the prices went up....

Seriously though, since you would have the same perk (drink package) i would assume that you would be able to get the lower price. But then again my be wrong, might some fine prints somewhere. But for sure on friday i would call them and try if I were you. If not and there is no cancellation fee ? Cancel and rebook right away. In my opinion

I guess certain cruises had an increase, while some have a "special" fare.... at the moment.

See what happens when the 123 deal goes into effect.

Sorry to burst your bubble but we got a great deal on two different cruises with the 1-2-3 deal (prior to the current one). Saved a ton of moola on drinks, etc. as well the cabin was a good price. I think expectations should be checked, and if you think its not a good deal just wait a while and the price will change (for better or worse):)

2012 we paid $999 for a 10 day Meditterranean cruise in concierge room. This October we paid $1599pp for the same trip and had the 123 Go promotion. Looks like a price increase to cover ths promotional costs to me. Ether way we buy the premium beverage package.

2012 we paid $999 for a 10 day Meditterranean cruise in concierge room. This October we paid $1599pp for the same trip and had the 123 Go promotion. Looks like a price increase to cover ths promotional costs to me. Ether way we buy the premium beverage package.

Oh come on, you can't go comparing year over year prices the way Celebrity has been pricing them in the past. We also could have done a 12 day Med. Cruise in 2012 for $999 but I don't ever expect that deal to fall in my lap again.

Edited by Cruise Junky

What are you talking about if we expected to ADD 1-2-3 promo to thanksgiving offer ??? I never assumed and said that, those are 2 different things completely. What i said is during TG promo we were seeing reduced price in cruise search window, and when TG promo ended price went back to original price before promo and green tag disapeared. Guess will explain again.

This is for a cruise we've had in our favorites for a few weeks now :

Before thanksgiving Promo price for Reflection October 6th European cruise, ocean view price was 2312$

During thanksgiving promo, price was shown, with a green card under it at 2030$

After promo ended and as of right now is at 2319$

So tell me where the price increase is ? Yes i see it now, 7$

Still wonder where I said and asked and assumed they would add the 123 promo to thanksgiving promo...

This same thing happened to me with the same poster...I only wish I knew why some on here have to even share their opinions if they have to be so rude! It is not you, so don't wonder. Some must have very little to do outside posting on CC, and not being very nice...sad isn't it?

Edited by Lastdance

Right at the moment my cruise that I booked with the free beverage perk is lower than what I paid for.

Now' date=' if it remains at the lower price with the new 11/29 perk can I cancel and rebook?[/quote']

You shouldn't have to cancel and rebook, they should be able to just give you the lower price, at least that is what happened with previous 123 Go and Pick your perk promos! Hopefully the same will be true this time!

I booked my cruise for April on the reflection in August 2013 and received the drink package with the price of the cruise. I check the price of my same category cabin each week, and though the drink package was pulled as a promotion, the price of my cabin has never gone down.....

I think it depends on when you book. We got an amazing deal on a CC cabin with the free drink package and free gratuities. We would have been happy with the price without the perks but it is unbelievable with everything we are getting!

Now the same cabins are going for more than double what we paid! So I don't think it is necessarily a case of adding the perk and raising the price.

I've been following three different cruises for March. About 45 days ago each was $XXX.XX, then the 15% off sale was announced and each dropped the 15%. With today's 1,2,3 sale they are all priced identical to what they were 45 days ago but not come with one of the 1,2,3 choices.

For me this is typical of a sale where there is some minor changes to the offer but overall the total cost doesn't change all that much. I wonder if the OP was dealing with the ups and downs of pricing that are often seen based simply on supply and demand.

I booked Monday, having found out the prices had gone up overnight.

Within a few hours the 123 offer was announced, so I have paid the inflated price, but got none of the included promotions that everyone else is now getting paying the same fare as me. :mad:

Surely starting the new promotion as the last one ended would have been fairer?

Ian

Just compared my cruise with the free drink package and free gratuities.
Wondering if the price would be the same or lower.... (rebooking if lower)
Turns out cruise price did increase. :(
I will keep checking my cruise for a reduction before final payment.
123Go sale expires Feb 23, 2014

[quote name='iandjm']I booked Monday, having found out the prices had gone up overnight.

Within a few hours the 123 offer was announced, so I have paid the inflated price, but got none of the included promotions that everyone else is now getting paying the same fare as me. :mad:

Surely starting the new promotion as the last one ended would have been fairer?

Ian[/QUOTE]

As long as you are before final payment call whoever you booked with, you should be able to add this promo on. At least you could with prior 123 Go and pick your perk promos.

[quote name='Luvs2trvl']When I spoke with a Celebrity rep earlier this week, he said if I want the promotion, my cabin will have to be "repriced" at the promotion rate. Makes me think my cabin price will be higher with the promotion. I'll call and see what they say.[/QUOTE]

I will be trying, especially as I paid the new higher price that came in after last Sunday.

[quote name='AlbertaCruisers']As long as you are before final payment call whoever you booked with, you should be able to add this promo on. At least you could with prior 123 Go and pick your perk promos.[/QUOTE]

Hope so, I paid £200pp more than I would have the day before! Mind you I'm in the Uk so who knows if we will be allowed to add an offer?

[quote name='iandjm']Hope so, I paid £200pp more than I would have the day before! Mind you I'm in the Uk so who knows if we will be allowed to add an offer?[/QUOTE]

Good luck, the latest promo is not country restricted but I think it really depends on what your TA is prepared to do for you.:D