The 1-2-3 Promo is a con!

kevinyork

I booked early November and got a good price but contacted my TA when the new 123 promo came up. She checked and I could get it if she rebooked at a new price of $900 more than the November one. As the drinks and gratuities are worth over $1200 it was too good to refuse. I don't see how Celebrity gain.

[quote name='Number34']I booked early November and got a good price but contacted my TA when the new 123 promo came up. She checked and I could get it if she rebooked at a new price of $900 more than the November one. As the drinks and gratuities are worth over $1200 it was too good to refuse. I don't see how Celebrity gain.[/QUOTE]

That's easy. You paid $900 more for something that costs celebrity maybe $100.

[quote name='ghstudio']Not sure about the UK, but in the us and on the celebrity US site the prices shown over the past few weeks did NOT include the 10 or 15% discount...that was taken off when you booked. I compared the before discount price to the current price and found that it had increased by $200 on our cruise.....one can only presume that is to partially cover the cost of 1-2-3.

You pay one way or the other....it's just marketing.[/quote]

We want to book a last minute winter cruise. We can wait for a price drop and take any available cabin for lazy days aboard Eclipse or Reflection. Andy's report is inspirational. Thanks for your post.

-Marisa

[quote name='Number34']I booked early November and got a good price but contacted my TA when the new 123 promo came up. She checked and I could get it if she rebooked at a new price of $900 more than the November one. As the drinks and gratuities are worth over $1200 it was too good to refuse. I don't see how Celebrity gain.[/QUOTE]

:)She was wrong! It is now costing me -$30

[quote name='Cruise Junky']So you're saying that of $300 worth of tips, Celebrity is passing on less than $100 to their staff?[/QUOTE]

I was thinking of the drink packages...which is what the OP used for their comparison. If the OP takes the $300 OBC or $300 prepaid gratuities, then it costs celebrity $300 :) Either way, celebrity gets $900 more so Celebrity wins....

[quote name='ghstudio']I was thinking of the drink packages...which is what the OP used for their comparison. If the OP takes the $300 OBC or $300 prepaid gratuities, then it costs celebrity $300 :) Either way, celebrity gets $900 more so Celebrity wins....[/QUOTE]

But they don't win if the poster was planning on buying a drink package on board. they clearly said their deal was for drinks package and gratuities. Anyway, it's moot, TA got the price wrong, they're miles ahead.

is it just me or do people now complain when the price of their cruise goes up or down ??

And why do people from the UK complain when they are not eligible for promotions, and now complain when they are eligible for promotions ????

Just book your cruise, pay the price you are comfortable with, get the cabin you want, then sit back and enjoy.

It is a GUARANTEE that when you look out your cabin door at the 20 cabins at the right and 20 cabins to your left that you ALL paid a different price, used different discounts, were eligible for different promotions, and paid a different price for your cruise.

but the idea of complain when the price goes up, complain when the price does down, complain when you are not eligible, and complain when you are not eligible ........ com on man!

We booked our next cruise (Summit New England..Sept '14) whilst onboard in May. Yesterday I phoned Celebrity UK to enquire about adding the 123 promo to the booking and there was no problem doing so. We were also able to keep the $300 OBC we had. She also said we could upgrade to the premium package once onboard using the OBC to do so ...the price of the cruise stayed at the original booking price. Win, win situation for me as we would have paid for the premium package :D

[quote name='kasijab']We booked our next cruise (Summit New England..Sept '14) whilst onboard in May. Yesterday I phoned Celebrity UK to enquire about adding the 123 promo to the booking and there was no problem doing so. We were also able to keep the $300 OBC we had. She also said we could upgrade to the premium package once onboard using the OBC to do so ...the price of the cruise stayed at the original booking price. Win, win situation for me as we would have paid for the premium package :D[/QUOTE]

Another great result, I need to talk to my TA now and sort my future cruise.:D

Kasijab,
We too are on a Summit in Sept 14. After reading your post, I just called Celebrity and was told that I CANNOT keep my $300 OBC if I do the 123 Promo because I booked before Aug 2013.

Even reading your post to her did not help, so count your blessings. I shall call again and talk to a different rep-sometimes you get a different answer!

[quote name='DiamondDiva']Kasijab,
We too are on a Summit in Sept 14. After reading your post, I just called Celebrity and was told that I CANNOT keep my $300 OBC if I do the 123 Promo because I booked before Aug 2013.

Even reading your post to her did not help, so count your blessings. I shall call again and talk to a different rep-sometimes you get a different answer![/quote]
Good luck.:D

I also was able to get the promo added to both of our booked sailings, one in 2014, one in 2015. [B][I]Neither had a price increase.[/I][/B] We had to give up our previous promos but we are coming out around $1000 ahead. Works for me. Edited by ORV

[quote name='ORV']I also was able to get the promo added to both of our booked sailings, one in 2014, one in 2015. [B][I]Neither had a price increase.[/I][/B] We had to give up our previous promos but we are coming out around $1000 ahead. Works for me.[/quote]
WOW, that is a lot of savings, you could almost do another cruise.:D

[quote name='MicCanberra']WOW, that is a lot of savings, you could almost do another cruise.:D[/QUOTE]

That's not actual savings, but it is value of the promo. And that is for each cruise.

I'm sure we'll do another cruise in the meantime. ;)