Carnival Overcharged my Sail and Sign!!

firstcruiseever

So we just got back on Saturday and we paid off our Sail and Sign with cash. Well, we had a Credit Card on file with Carnival for the Sail and Sign and they CHARGED it, even though we paid of the total the night before we disembarked. And its some random number that is not even on our receipt! No clue what is going on and guest services doesn't open for another hour! :( Very stressed now.

So we just got back on Saturday and we paid off our Sail and Sign with cash. Well, we had a Credit Card on file with Carnival for the Sail and Sign and they CHARGED it, even though we paid of the total the night before we disembarked. And its some random number that is not even on our receipt! No clue what is going on and guest services doesn't open for another hour! :( Very stressed now.

Charged it, or is it a hold?

I hope that you kept your receipt that they gave you for the cash paid in. In fact you should keep that receipt for the standard storage period for all receipts!!!

We always have random holds placed on the credit card we give them, but they fall off a day or two after we get home and the real amount posts. Last time we had a hold of 233.01 and we only owed $6.84 (we had a LOT of OBC!!). The real amount posted 3 days after we got home.

You need to call your bank. Carnival puts a hold when you board, but when you paid cash, they take the hold out of their system. It's up to your bank to release the hold. Speaking from much experience.

You need to call your bank. Carnival puts a hold when you board, but when you paid cash, they take the hold out of their system. It's up to your bank to release the hold. Speaking from much experience.

It was not a hold. Our room steward got mad at us and tried to say we took 2 beach towels and some alcoholic beverages in the stateroom. We don't drink and didn't use the towels. It was all sorted out when I called guest services. The lady there was super sweet. She filed a report against that room steward. I just couldn't believe somebody could be so malicious! That is crazy. We kept pictures of the stateroom when we left, because that is the best way in case something like this happens. Glad we did that. And he should have done his research anyway. We didn't buy alcohol the whole trip. the lady at guest care could see that.

It was not a hold. Our room steward got mad at us and tried to say we took 2 beach towels and some alcoholic beverages in the stateroom. We don't drink and didn't use the towels. It was all sorted out when I called guest services. The lady there was super sweet. She filed a report against that room steward. I just couldn't believe somebody could be so malicious! That is crazy. We kept pictures of the stateroom when we left, because that is the best way in case something like this happens. Glad we did that. And he should have done his research anyway. We didn't buy alcohol the whole trip. the lady at guest care could see that.

Glad you got this fixed......but I'm curious.....in 50 cruises, I've never taken pictures of the stateroom for proof I didn't steal something......what would make you think you needed to do that? And how was a picture of the room gonna be proof that you didn't take the towels after you took the picture?

Just wondering....

Glad you got this fixed......but I'm curious.....in 50 cruises, I've never taken pictures of the stateroom for proof I didn't steal something......what would make you think you needed to do that? And how was a picture of the room gonna be proof that you didn't take the towels after you took the picture?

Just wondering....

I'm in the same boat as you...

Sorry, but you did not indicate in your first post that it was this type of charge:rolleyes: We were led to believe it was a repeat S&S charge.

Whatever made you think the steward was mad at you?

By the way, I do a complete inventory of towels, robes and drinks when I take over the cabin. If the item is not in the cabin, I notify my cabin person to replace the item so my checkout inventory is complete. No way will I pay for an item someone else took. And, that has happened.

Just wondering....

Something ain't right. You're not moving out of a leased apartment and trying to get back security, why on earth would you snap pics of the cabin? And like you said, how is that proof of anything? And why wad your cabin steward mad?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

I admit I take photos of every room last day of cruise as sort of saying bye. But I always hand my room steward $20 dollars day one,10$ in the middle, and another 10 or 20$ at the end depending on how broke I am plus they get more from daily tips on s&s card. All in all they always have broke there backs for me and my family........ 2nd cruise room steward gave my son a couple towels and private lessons on folding animals. OW course we bought the book for him!!! But still room steward's I never had one problem with. Other parts I have had major problems with but never room steward problem left 1000$ laying around on accident never touched and ect.... I promise you all this I am no cheerleader.

I admit I take photos of every room last day of cruise as sort of saying bye. But I always hand my room steward $20 dollars day one,10$ in the middle, and another 10 or 20$ at the end depending on how broke I am plus they get more from daily tips on s&s card. All in all they always have broke there backs for me and my family........ 2nd cruise room steward gave my son a couple towels and private lessons on folding animals. OW course we bought the book for him!!! But still room steward's I never had one problem with. Other parts I have had major problems with but never room steward problem left 1000$ laying around on accident never touched and ect.... I promise you all this I am no cheerleader.

I've never had a problem either...it's always been a great experience for me!

Did you take the picture right before you left the cabin on disembarkation day? Otherwise how could you prove that you didn't take the towels?

We kept pictures of the stateroom when we left, because that is the best way in case something like this happens. Glad we did that. And he should have done his research anyway. We didn't buy alcohol the whole trip. the lady at guest care could see that.

Did you take the picture right before you left the cabin on disembarkation day? Otherwise how could you prove that you didn't take the towels?

We take them to show the state of the room for the reason that if they try to charge us for something we can show it. And yes, right before we left the room and also when we get there. It might be stupid, but I think it is smart. You technically ARE renting that room for the week. It IS like an apartment rental. If you damage the room, you are responsible. If they try and charge you for damage or excessive filth, won't you want to have a picture? It just seemed like common sense to me....