All things Anthem of the Seas :)

BillOh

Do you think we will be able to book Anthem as far out as Thanksgiving 2015, when the bookings open?

Speculation only....usually 12-15 months in advance is about as far out as they present online....although at times they have gone further out.

Since this is a new ship...I would guess (key word) that we'll see a 12 month lead time at first...followed by longer perhaps after a month or so.

Does anyone know the answer to this... i am currently booked on Quantum but want to amend it to Anthem from Southampton.

When will i be able to do this? At the Q&A pre sale, at general sale or even later?

with it being an amendment and not a new booking.

thankyou :)

So, if Allure is doing 7 night Med sailings in summer, 2015, does this mean that Anthem will be doing Northern Europe sailings the same summer? :D Surely, RCCL wouldn't have both ships in the Med??

High level e-brochure is out highlighting some of the itineraries

http://viewer.zmags.com/publication/b1acb27d#/b1acb27d/11

As expected both Allure and Anthem will be in the med at various points. No mention of Northern Europe cruises by Anthem as yet (which is what I was looking for!). May be when the full list comes out. The itineraries seem to be playing it safe.

Glad that both Adventure and Brilliance will be making a return :)

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

That does have the full list by the looks of it - it appears to cover the April-October period that Anthem will be in Southampton anyway. Mostly med and canaries trips, with Adventure handling the more interesting itineraries like northern Europe and a quick dalliance with Africa.

I wonder if that 3-day April 30th trip is the 'official' inaugural?

I'm surprised as well... interesting.

I wonder whether A) if they're playing it safe for the season with canaries, etc and B) whether there's an infrastructure reason why she's not doing Northern Europe - too long, etc as a similar reason for Quantum to Bermuda. Seems strange to me

I wonder whether A) if they're playing it safe for the season with canaries, etc and B) whether there's an infrastructure reason why she's not doing Northern Europe - too long, etc as a similar reason for Quantum to Bermuda. Seems strange to me

Certainly could be. I haven't cruised to Northern Europe yet (I hope to some day!) but anytime you're dealing with historic ports that's a possibility.

Certainly could be. I haven't cruised to Northern Europe yet (I hope to some day!) but anytime you're dealing with historic ports that's a possibility.

Yes same - I was putting off doing it this year hoping to do it with Anthem next year. I'm now reconsidering!

Hiya guys,

Looking to book on Anthem. We always try and get a Balcony room, right at the front of the ship.

Been looking at deck plans and pics of the ship exterior.

Looking, lets say at deck 9, where is the front balcony? There seems to be some windows or a strange cut out (about 2) before what looks like a balcony? I know there is a Large superior ocean view there somewhere but thought that had a forward facing view??

I know down on 7 and 8, the round cut outs at the front are the obstructed view balcony rooms but cant figure out deck 9 or 10 where the first balcony room is.

Don't want a badly shaped balcony, although the official deck plans dont advise this.

Apologies if I'm being thick, hope you guys can help.

Thanks.

I am delighted with the Anthems schedule. My daughter was desperate to do a Quantum ship and we had pencilled in New York for 2016 with Allure of the Seas for 2015- now we can combine the 2 as we much prefer Europe to the US- and the dates fit the 2 nicely together with our holidays. Can't wait to book now. Jennie

The U.S.-based cruises from FLL to the Caribbean will be posted on March 12 for Crown & Anchor members....March 20th to the general public - both on the Royal Caribbean site.

Itineraries will likely be "announced" (or leaked) a week or two before that - again - for the Caribbean cruises porting from Ft. Lauderdale.

Yes same - I was putting off doing it this year hoping to do it with Anthem next year. I'm now reconsidering!

That was our plan too but looks like we will have to either not go on anthem (what!?!?) and book Adventure to the Fjords, or book a Med cruise to all the places we've been to a million times on Indy but on a new ship... Decisions, decisions ....

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

That was our plan too but looks like we will have to either not go on anthem (what!?!?) and book Adventure to the Fjords, or book a Med cruise to all the places we've been to a million times on Indy but on a new ship... Decisions, decisions ....

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

It's annoying! I'm tempted to go on Adventure/Independence this year instead. I think I'll definitely do one of the 3 nt Bruges cruises.

I'm interested to see what the Caribbean itineraries will be like when she goes to Florida.

I'm very disappointed that Anthem won't be doing any of the northern routes. But Mr Chew really wants to sail on her the first season, so I guess we'll be picking one of the Med itineraries. Maybe we'll do one on Anthem and then pick another ship.

Does anyone have any idea what the Caribbean itinerary will be?

I would like to book something in November 2015 from Port Everglades.

Sorry I had to edit. Posted wrong link. Should be good now :) If you go to this link you will see that Anthem is doing 8/6 nights out of Port Everglades and the itinerary is on the link.

http://www.cruiseshipitinerary.com/anthem-of-the-seas-itinerary/

Edited by emmy

Sorry I had to edit. Posted wrong link. Should be good now :) If you go to this link you will see that Anthem is doing 8/6 nights out of Port Everglades and the itinerary is on the link.

Interesting....but still just someone's guess assuming Anthem will clone INDY's routes...which has not been confirmed.

The official information is scheduled to be disclosed to C&A members March 12th...and everyone else March 20th.

Emmy- Thanks for sharing the link. One would think RCI would have some new ports included for Anthem's first Caribbean season including Southern Caribbean from FLL. Instead it looks like the same Eastern/Western Itineraries that IOS now does in some respect. I don't understand why they don't offer more S. Caribbean from Florida.

Emmy- Thanks for sharing the link. One would think RCI would have some new ports included for Anthem's first Caribbean season including Southern Caribbean from FLL. Instead it looks like the same Eastern/Western Itineraries that IOS now does in some respect. I don't understand why they don't offer more S. Caribbean from Florida.

The Indy itinerary is fine by me, I'm just happy to have a brand new ship doing the 8 nighter. Looking forward to booking it in March!

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app