All things Anthem of the Seas :)

BillOh

Hello :D

That would be great if they do put on the broadway show. When we did a two nighter from southampton on adventurer of seas, was not impressed with what was available.

Can I ask what is the two70 show please.

Many thanks

I was told today that it is any time dining only on the anthem which is a shame

The two70 show will be the Quantum Class's equivalent to the Aquatheater Shows on Oasis class. It'll feature music, dancers, aerialists, and tons of technology like the 270º video wall and robotic video screens. Not much else is known about it at this point though. No actual specifics on the show, just the venue right now.

I agree. What's funny is there are just so many islands to go to. When people keep complaining about the cruises they keep booking and going to the same islands over and over again. They booked the cruise, no one forced them to. If they want to do something different, book something different!

While that's basically true...if Anthem was to emulate it's twin Quantum...and offer a range of days for cruises (7 day, 8 day, etc.)....

...being based out of Ft Lauderdale would open up the door to entirely new destinations for the longer (12-14 day) cruises on Anthem. After all...RCI has been exploring sending their ships to South American destinations as just one example.

That scenario would open the door to perhaps a 14-day Ft Lauderdale to Rio cruise with perhaps 2-3 other stops along the way...just one possibility.

Speculation is good.

CRUISEFAN0001 - By my math your Anthem cruise is booked for Nov 20th 2015 ? Where's it going and how did you book it ??

It's a placeholder...based on a date in that area. Once dates are announced (hopefully next week as rumored)...a firm date will be substituted.

Dang it, that's the one I am hoping for too ... thought I had found someone who knew what the real date/itinerary was :)

C&A members should have more information very soon - next week if the rumors are accurate.

We know we're going...and about that date...so now it comes down to getting the actual cruise itineraries for Ft Lauderdale-based cruises.

Just Called Crown / Anchor To Ask About Anthem On Sale Date...And The Rep Told Me Not Until The SECOND WEEK OF APRIL! :o(

If you buy into the theory that Quantum Summer '15 will open on Wednesday to coincide with the dining reveal that could make sense:

-Extend Q this week, don't want to overwhelm their delicate computer systems and their call centers by doing a second major opening at the same time;

-Could then open Anthem for D+/Pinnacle as has been rumored next week;

-General opening the week after, which is the 2nd week of April.

Only time will tell.

If you buy into the theory that Quantum Summer '15 will open on Wednesday to coincide with the dining reveal that could make sense:

-Extend Q this week, don't want to overwhelm their delicate computer systems and their call centers by doing a second major opening at the same time;

-Could then open Anthem for D+/Pinnacle as has been rumored next week;

-General opening the week after, which is the 2nd week of April.

Only time will tell.

Just called C&A and they stated that the QOTS will open in June, lol. He also stated that it was sailing in Europe, typical RCL response :):)

I booked the Anthem of the Seas today for June, 20th 14 day sailing out of Southampton. No problem, except they booked everyone under "Select Dining" with wait listing to traditional main seating. As soon as the booking was complete -- confirmed "Early Seating" appeared on my confirmation.

Are they doing this to protect their gratuities from the deadbeats?

Enjoy!

Kel:)

Just called C&A and they stated that the QOTS will open in June, lol. He also stated that it was sailing in Europe, typical RCL response :):)

LOL!

Either they find the most hilariously uninformed people or they just get a kick out of screwing with us...

On the Allure this week, asked about Anthem and was told by the loyalty desk staff that they are under the impression that RCI is waiting for the European itineraries to sell out before releasing the US ones for sale. Booked freedom for next Thanksgiving instead since nextcruise only seems to be worth doing if you have a firm date. :(

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Forums mobile app

• 3 weeks later...
Is it me? I can find this thread when do search forum but not when go under countdown to quantum??? What am I doing wrong. Sorry

It's not you. When a thread is not very active any more it tends to 'disappear' from the list.

On the Allure this week, asked about Anthem and was told by the loyalty desk staff that they are under the impression that RCI is waiting for the European itineraries to sell out before releasing the US ones for sale. Booked freedom for next Thanksgiving instead since nextcruise only seems to be worth doing if you have a firm date. :(

I suspect there is substance to that information.

On INDY a few weeks ago...we got the very same information when inquiring about Anthem.

Without being able to confirm the facts...all indications are that the initial adulation about Quantum has lost momentum somewhat....leading to a slowing of the Anthem information. As indicated even in the Quantum threads...some people have 0% enthusiasm for sailing from Bayonne NJ and would rather wait to do so from Fort Lauderdale instead.

In addition, the feedback on Dynamic Dining is very new but appears to be somewhat mixed.

That's not to say right or wrong...but just that RCI is likely seeing various results in bookings that drive their launch date strategy on Anthem Caribbean itineraries.

In our case...our own enthusiasm for Anthem is slowing due to the informational delays and also lack of new port itinerary potential. If Anthem indeed ONLY offers the same routes and ports as INDY as has been rumored...then likely we and several of our friends who have also been monitoring Anthem may move our attention to alternative cruise choices.

Seems like they are making the "drag" on Anthem enthusiasm even worse though by slowing it down even further.

Back when it was supposed to become available for booking (over a month ago IIRC) I got a group of people interested in the idea of doing one of the first US cruises, etc.

A month later I have booked an alternate, group has moved on to other things, etc.

At this point I would consider an Anthem cruise at some point but I was literally chomping at the bit to book Quantum (until they announced it as being out of NJ) and the same way at the Anthem "release" date, logging in every hour so to see if it was public, etc.

Oh well, I am sure the Quantum class will still be a big hit but it seems to be losing the buzz fast.

Seems like they are making the "drag" on Anthem enthusiasm even worse though by slowing it down even further.

Back when it was supposed to become available for booking (over a month ago IIRC) I got a group of people interested in the idea of doing one of the first US cruises, etc.

A month later I have booked an alternate, group has moved on to other things, etc.

At this point I would consider an Anthem cruise at some point but I was literally chomping at the bit to book Quantum (until they announced it as being out of NJ) and the same way at the Anthem "release" date, logging in every hour so to see if it was public, etc.

Oh well, I am sure the Quantum class will still be a big hit but it seems to be losing the buzz fast.

Well, you'll be even happier now that the announcement today that Quantum goes to China in May 2015 and Anthem will go to Bayonne, NJ after her inaugural European sailings. Liberty of the Seas will cover the 2015 summer season in Bayonne until Anthem's arrival at the end of 2015.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

According to the roll calls for these sailings - these have been cancelled. AussieVis2r was told:

They told me it had been cancelled (maybe a charter) and that I could swap my booking to another sailing. She mentioned the 27th Oct with a similar itinerary, but it is not on the web site yet.

They will give me the same room category, for the price I paid, or the new price, whichever is cheaper. And $100 OBC ($200 for a suite).

The Oct 27th sailing will likely be the new TA from Southhampton to Bayonne.