Sunday, December 8 - A Sunny Sail-Away

innlady1

Checking in, sort of.

It is a nice sunny day in Ft. Lauderdale and I am on the beach - just a bit north of the cruise port. May swing by there later to see ships sail.

We had a tour of the MSC Divina on Miami yesterday and I will post about it - with pictures - later in the week.

Anyone know why the U.S. National Colors on Cam #1 are flying at half-mast? Nelson Mandella perhaps?

By presidential proclination till sunset on Monday, in honor of Madiba.

(It doesn't seem that everyone in Florida got the memo)

Checking in, sort of.

It is a nice sunny day in Ft. Lauderdale and I am on the beach - just a bit north of the cruise port. May swing by there later to see ships sail.

We had a tour of the MSC Divina on Miami yesterday and I will post about it - with pictures - later in the week.

Going Italian eh? ;)

I think so. The president did issue an order for the flags to fly at half-mast in his honor.

It's through tomorrow night at sunset. This company will send you an e-mail to let you know when and why. It was really useful before I retired because at least one of my students would usually ask why the flag was at half staff.

Morning Lisa; how's Tom doing? Tell him I said hi

Thanks John, Tom is doing so much better, amazing it has been 7 weeks. Shockingly he is going back to work tomorrow. We had not thought it would happen this soon but Oh well, he said he has no idea if he can do it till he actually does it. Even though they don't have light duty at his job they basically will have him on light duty this next week so it will probably be good for him. Luckily our cruise on the 28th that date starts the new year of vacations and he put in for that week the first week of November just in case he did have to go back to work so we could cruise.

I will definitely tell him you said Hi, if he has not read this already ;) Yes he is a lurker.

I need to take care of something for a few minutes, do we know when the Eurodam is actually sailing? I will only be away from the computer for about five minutes.

5 minutes should be fine....as a matter of fact, gonna get me some munchies as we are waiting....:D

Edited by monina01