Saturday, December 14, 2013: Westerdam Sail-Away

innlady1

Westerdam's departure has now been bumped up to 4:30 PM.

I'm here. Just took the pillow chocolates from last Oct's NA cruise out of the freezer to enjoy during sail away. I never eat them on board; they always come home with me and spend a few months in the freezer. Odd tradition of mine...:rolleyes:

I'm here. Just took the pillow chocolates from last Oct's NA cruise out of the freezer to enjoy during sail away. I never eat them on board; they always come home with me and spend a few months in the freezer. Odd tradition of mine...:rolleyes:

You have more will power than I do!:)

wow! I Always eat them as soon I spot them :D

Westerdam's departure has now been bumped up to 4:30 PM.

That's great news :D Master Marley likes that :)

Now, if only she leaves on time :p

It's -33 here (Celsius) - cold as all heck. I thought yesterday was cold but today is worse. We have a huge storm (actually I think two are going to collide) coming tonight. The only one in the house that will be happy is Master Marley - he's a winter dog and was enchanted with the snow when he first saw it.

It should be fun watching him tomorrow :)

With luck he will make a path for the other dogs and I won't have to shovel one for them :)

We got the new chocolates on the Nieuw Amsterdam -- way too sweet for me. We brought them home and DH eats one about every 3 or so days.

You have more will power than I do!:)

It's a tradition I can't break. I've been doing this for years. Problem is, the chocolates I just took out of the freezer to eat during today's sail away.....well, I couldn't wait until sailaway. I ate them already...:(

We got the new chocolates on the Nieuw Amsterdam -- way too sweet for me. We brought them home and DH eats one about every 3 or so days.

Interestingly, there were three of the HAL signature chocolates in my batch; the rest were the generic squares. I did a taste test. The new ones do taste sweeter and less chocolatey. The round signature chocolates are (were) richer.

I will be here as well for Sailaway. Like Chelly, I will be aboard the Westerdam in 3 weeks, too.

I have not sailed with Captain Scott for many years. He was the Veendam's Master when I was aboard her in 1998.

Hi Bob.

Since we are all talking about weather.

A couple of days ago we got up to 10 degrees with a wind chill of -15. This morning we got up to a temperature of 32. The temperature goes down to 30 and then it snows. Then it goes up to 34 and we have rain. Right now we are back to 32 and we have a mixture of rain and snow. We haven't even gotten rid of the snow from a few days ago.

Interestingly, there were three of the HAL signature chocolates in my batch; the rest were the generic squares. I did a taste test. The new ones do taste sweeter and less chocolatey. The round signature chocolates are (were) richer.

Your description is accurate.

I don't even like milk chocolate but I could tolerate HAL's old chocolates.

For the last few years I have been taking my own DARK chocolates onto our cruises.

Your description is accurate.

I don't even like milk chocolate but I could tolerate HAL's old chocolates.

For the last few years I have been taking my own DARK chocolates onto our cruises.

Yum, I love dark chocolate. I have some favourites from the UK with peppermint cream inside..... lovely!

I have a cuppa tea as well (Ceylon if you must know :) ) and a wonderful thing called a 'stroopwafel'. I have no idea if any of you know what that is, but it is good!

Is that a kind of wafer biscuit? If not, no I don't know what it is.

And my tea is Tetley.:D

Edited by startwin

I have a cuppa tea as well (Ceylon if you must know :) ) and a wonderful thing called a 'stroopwafel'. I have no idea if any of you know what that is, but it is good!

Has a filling inside, right?

Edited by Chelly

Is that a kind of wafer biscuit? If not, no I don't know what it is.

And my tea is Tetley.:D

Has a filling inside, right?

sort of wafer like but more dense, wel two actually, and yes with a thin filling of stroop. Really really good :D

We actually have a band here called 'The Amazing Stroopwafels' :) this is true

sort of wafer like but more dense, wel two actually, and yes with a thin filling of stroop. Really really good :D

We actually have a band here called 'The Amazing Stroopwafels' :) this is true

Sounds yummy! Now that I wiped out my chocolates, I must make do with fruit. Oh well.....three more weeks!

All this talk of food is making me hungry. I made a big pot of veggie soup this morning, did my edocs for January, re arranged everything in my bathroom and now am packing up to go to my daughter's house, but she won't pick us up till 6 so I can hang around for a while:).