Saturday, December 14, 2013: Westerdam Sail-Away

innlady1

Good morning fellow sail away fans. I haven't been here for awhile, but marked my calendar, wrote myself reminders and set an alarm. Looking forward to today's sailaway.

Three weeks from today, it will be ME sailing out on the Westy!

Snowing here, too. And, it's only 18 degrees. I'm making Christmas cookies to take to a party but we don't have to leave until 7:30 and it's only a couple miles from home....that is, if it's not cancelled because of the storm.

Oh my the clouds look rather dark at Port Everglades right now. I am going to have to miss sail away today, going out to lunch the grocery shopping and other errands. But Tomorrow is my back to work day so think I can sneak in watching the Sail Away for the Nieuw Amsterdam :)

Thanks for the heads up, Sheila. Stay safe, and I hope aliaschief is ok. Fortunately, I won't be here, I should be enjoying my prime rib in the LaFontaine Dining room.

Roy

Chief's more than OK! He's on the Nieuw Amsterdam....:D

I'll be there ... Got off the Westie Dec 7. Captain Scott was doing a much better job at tooting :D:D

I was blessed to have Captain John Scott as Master of the Vessell as we sailed on the Westy from San Diego to Ft. Lauderdale. He is a good man--the best of the best.

Thanks for the heads up, Sheila. Stay safe, and I hope aliaschief is ok. Fortunately, I won't be here, I should be enjoying my prime rib in the LaFontaine Dining room.

Roy

Go ahead, rub it in! Just think about us as you are savoring your prime rib.:D

I was blessed to have Captain John Scott as Master of the Vessell as we sailed on the Westy from San Diego to Ft. Lauderdale. He is a good man--the best of the best.

So, I really have something to look forward to in three weeks

We like Captain Scott a lot, too. He was Captain on some of our Noordam cruises.

It's 8 degrees celsius here, today (about 46 fahrenheit), so quite pleasant. The dusting of snow we had a couple of weeks ago has melted, and I don't think we are supposed to have more for a while. I hope we have a green Christmas! After lunch we are going to try to put lights on our Sitka spruce by the driveway. DS started it from a seed about 15 years ago, and grew it in a pot until we planted it at midnight to be our Y2K tree! It's now about 12' high, and very spiky, so difficult to arrange lights on - plus every year we have to find another strand or two to add as it gets taller and plumper. This may be its last year as our outdoor decorated tree! Hopefully that will be done before the day's sailaway begins!