Do you guys have any cruise traditions?

tarajean1962

We always buy a local liquour from one of the ports on our cruise. When we get home, it goes on display in the kitchen until we are ready for the next cruise. The night before we fly or drive out, we open it up, pour it into our RCI liquour glasses and have a toast to this next one. It's a nice tradition - to remember the last trip and get started on the next one!

We try to buy something in every port.

We like to leave gifts behind.

We always tip the local musicians/dancers at the pier.

We take many photographs.

We always say good bye to our cabin steward and to our cabin.

-Marisa

1. We always fly into Ft. Lauderdale the day before

2. We always have dinner at the same place in Ft. Lauderdale

3. We always get to the port by 10:30 am

4. We always get the 'welcome aboard photo' if on a new ship for first time

5. We always eat lunch at the Windjammer (skipped it for another venue

once, felt like I was missing something)

6. We always check out main dining room to find our table

7. We always go to the Library so that I can grab a few books

8. We always go to our stateroom when they open so that I can "do my happy dance, while singing "We're on a cruise", until DH tells me to stop

After that, I (we) are pretty flexible. I don't clean the germs out of the room. I also don't rush to hang up/put away cloths. Unpacking is usually done in stages, and completed sometime before I go to bed that night.

9. I am always in bed after 1:00 am (DH earlier)

10. I am always up before 7:00 am (DH later)

I am on vacation - too much to do - who has time to sleep

Edited by sleepless

I never get into vacation mode until clothes are put away and "nest building" is complete! :)

I'm another one who likes to unpack and get settled in. My husband doesn't agree with me either. I feel like the room is really mine when I have everything put away. Then I like to get a Funship Special and do line dances.

We always buy a local liquour from one of the ports on our cruise. When we get home, it goes on display in the kitchen until we are ready for the next cruise. The night before we fly or drive out, we open it up, pour it into our RCI liquour glasses and have a toast to this next one. It's a nice tradition - to remember the last trip and get started on the next one!

Love this!

Like it. "Party On".

After exiting the ship at a port of call, particularly if I'm with a group headed out on some excursion we've arranged, I sometimes like to turn around, point back towards the vessel, and yell, "OKAY, EVERYBODY REMEMBER WHERE WE PARKED, ALL RIGHT?";)

• We drive in the day before even though we are only 3-hours away.
  • We always enjoy the sail-a-way from our balcony.
  • We also purchase the Welcome Aboard photo, no matter what if looks like because it had the dates of the cruise and the ports-of-call.
  • We always eat at a specialty restaurant at least one time on every cruise.

Edited by lady_cruiser

As soon as we board, we head to a bar for a glass with ice and pour our first drink out of the rumrunner.

I never understood people's need to smuggle their liquor onboard.

I really, really don't understand broadcasting it.

To each his own but I'd rather have a tradition that I'm not ashamed of (oh, wait! You aren't!)

Since we live in S. Florida and most of the cruises we have taken leave from there, it is easy for us to arrive early. I wear my bathing suit under my shorts and usually wear one of my RCCL t-shirts. We head to WJ for lunch -- so I can enjoy a plate of paella, with the strawberry/kiwi fruit drink -- then; off to the pool deck. Backpacks that we carry on the ship, have all the necessary 'sun paraphernalia'.....and viola -- we are engaging in our first VACATION activity.

If we leave from a port other than S. Miami -- try to get to ship as early as possible or day before......but the same -- embarkation ritual.

I never understood why they don't have paella on any other day for lunch....but then again, I would not have my first day lunch ritual to look forward to (LOL).

• 1 month later...
We always fly in at least a day before the cruise.

We always purchase our Welcome Aboard photo-even if it's awful!:D

We always go to the Schooner Bar for a drink right after boarding.

We always play 'win a cruise' BINGO- mind you, we have never won it, but we are always hopeful.

Tara

P.S. I'm sure I can think of some more!

It's simply GET to the ship as early as they will let us on the ship to begin our vacation. I actually consider myself 'in vacation mode' once we pull out of the driveway heading to the ship. We live in S. Fl. so cruising from FLL or Miami is easy.

Go to top deck and Wave to all the poor souls disembarking.

Sometimes I yell "I love you! I will never forget you!"

That's mean, I know.

Robin

Norwegian Breakaway July 2014

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

Edited by meatball_nyc

Our first 2 cruises we missed sail away. Since our 3rd cruise, we never miss it even if that means missing dinner the first night.

The first 3 cruises, we flew in the day of the cruise. Not anymore! We discovered the joy of getting to port a day early and simply relaxing and seeing the sights.

Celebrity is our cruise of choice, so when we embark we get our glass of champagne and get our picture made (which we buy as we have with all of our embarkation photos).

We don't usually get to the dock really early - about 1pm or so. Last cruise, we went to Bistro on 5 for lunch. We were the only ones there and it was so nice and the food was excellent!

I usually unpack and have everything put away by the time Muster Drill rolls around.

Last night of the cruise, I will be on my balcony crying.

Love the tradition of holding hands and saying that none of the problems are coming on board. May have to do that next year when we sail again.

Go to top deck and Wave to all the poor souls disembarking.

Sometimes I yell "I love you! I will never forget you!"

That's mean, I know.

Robin

Norwegian Breakaway July 2014

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

LOL. I think we will try that next time.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

First drink on the ship is always the Fun Ship Special. We always buy the embarkation picture. We always fly in at least one day early. And we do a happy dance as soon as we get up that morning. Even though I consider myself on vacation from the time I get off work, there's nothing quite like waking up knowing that you're going on a cruise that day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk