Disembarking from Oasis

eddie

I need some info re The Oasis. We are Diamond members and we were wondering what is the earliest we could expect to disembark if we were carrying our bags with us. We are trying to set up a return flight time going home. Any help would be appreciated

Edited by eddie

As you are taking your own luggage you can get off as soon as the ship is cleared. The earliest I have known this to happen from my experience on Allure is 6.20am. However, you can reasonably expect that it will be before 7am.

Happy cruising

Jo :)

For extra smooth early disembarkation, make sure you pack luggage that you can carry with just one hand so that you can take the escalator in the terminal.

Otherwise, if you don't have a free hand to hold onto the railing, they will direct you to the elevator instead for safety reasons, and there can be a line forming there as people wait for the next elevator.

This is what we had read prior to our Oasis sailing, and what we experienced ourselves in April 2013.

good luck and have a great cruise.

Oasis and Allure are some of the earliest debarking ships….I have made as early as 8:30am flights off them….self debarkation usually starts around 6:30 am….HOWEVER…that is not a guaranty.

It's as close to one as there is. I have yet to hear of a single incident where early debarkation was delayed on either ship. Not once...

I need some info re The Oasis. We are Diamond members and we were wondering what is the earliest we could expect to disembark if we were carrying our bags with us. We are trying to set up a return flight time going home. Any help would be appreciated

Diamond status plays no role here. Anyone can self disembark around 6:30am or so. I beleive self disembarking ends at 7:30am. but ship will annouce this time.

On Saturday, Dec. 14th we had a Winter storm in the NE and we found out that our flight was cancelled Friday evening at about 10 pm after we checked our e-mails. The airline had no idea of where we were so they booked us on a 7:26 am flight instead of the 10:30 am flight we booked. We got in the express walk off line at 6:05 am and we started getting off the ship at about 6:20 am. In a taxi by 6:30 am and at our gate at the Ft. Lauderdale airport by 6:50 am. Boarding of the plane had just started and we did have plenty of time but everything went perfect for us that morning. We did not sleep a wink that Friday night because of knowing what we had to do to make that 7:26 am flight the next morning. I would never book a flight this early but in the situation we were in and with snow coming down in the NE, we had no choice but to try and make that flight. So it all comes down on how much stress you want to take on with booking early flights. A 9 am flight for us would have looked like Heaven!!

We did not sleep a wink that Friday night because of knowing what we had to do to make that 7:26 am flight the next morning.

Wow. You didn't sleep all night because you were worried about missing a flight? That seems a bit out there to me. Seriously, deal with that you can control...

We got off the Oasis on October 19 and it was a nightmare! We were scheduled to get off at 8:20 and actually got off at 9:35. Made it into the terminal and it was a zoo. 50 minutes to get through Customs. 6,000 passengers and 6-8 Custom agents. Luckily we were staying the night in Ft. Lauderdale.

Was on oasis last month.

Show up around 5:45, self disembarking started at 6:20, was at my gate a few before 7am.

This can be done but you will need an early start! Oh yeah, I was in the windjammer at 5am for breakfast.

We got off the Oasis on October 19 and it was a nightmare! We were scheduled to get off at 8:20 and actually got off at 9:35. Made it into the terminal and it was a zoo. 50 minutes to get through Customs. 6,000 passengers and 6-8 Custom agents. Luckily we were staying the night in Ft. Lauderdale.

Thanks for sharing your experience, but this is not self-disembarkation, as the OP plans on doing.

Like others have mentioned, I have never read or heard about a delay for the people carrying off their own bags from Oasis/Allure. We were off the ship within 15 minutes, and hailing a cab before 7am. I am not generally a risk taker, but self-disembarking from Oasis/Allure to catch an early flight has minimal risk based on past performance.

Edited by DonnaK

Wow. You didn't sleep all night because you were worried about missing a flight? That seems a bit out there to me. Seriously, deal with that you can control...

Sorry but your comment seems a bit harsh to me. I would be worried and nervous about this early flight, too. This member said it was out of their control - they didn't choose the 7:26 flight. It seems natural to me to be concerned about this early flight. Gee. :(