Should I bring Hangers?

canadarocks

We'll be in an inside cabin on the Emerald. I don't plan on sending out laundry (I learned on HAL that is the very best way to guarantee TONS of hangers! :)). But we'll do our own on the Emerald.

So should I bring hangers, or are there already a lot of them in an inside cabin?

Edited by canadarocks

We'll be in an inside cabin on the Emerald. I don't plan on sending out laundry (I learned on HAL that is the very best way to guarantee TONS of hangers! :)). But we'll do our own on the Emerald.

So should I bring hangers, or is there already a lot of them in an inside cabin?

No. You don't need to bring hangers. Your steward will provide whatever extras you need. Wood hangers take up too much space, so we request more wire hangers.

There are always lots of hangers and if you need more, just as your room steward!

No. You don't need to bring hangers. Your steward will provide whatever extras you need. Wood hangers take up too much space, so we request more wire hangers.

Awesome, thanks to you both! :cool:

I didn't even know they had wire hangers!

Yup. I needed more hangers on my CB cruise and the steward apologized that he could only bring me wire ones, not more wooden ones. I was OK with whatever he scrounged up.

Good thing I was traveling solo though. I needed all the hangers and then some :o

I bought hangers as on other lines I cruised there were hard to get but we had tons already there and wound up leaving all of ours on the suitcase. The robes we asked for in our personalizerer cruise weren't there, I asked my steward and he appoligized and said he probably couldn't bring any until monrjing which he did, they are very very small robes marked once Size fits all, I'm not a tiny woman but they were too smal for me and certainly too smal for my 6'3 hubby, and even my thin daughter, they seemed like they had shrunk several times over, we wound up using them as throw blankets when having out in room in afternoon after our beds were made.

And to save weight in our luggage, we never bring any clothes on hangers, just rely on the hangers the ship provides.

I read this too fast; I thought you wrote that you didn't bring any clothes from home. I guess in that case, someone would indeed get agitated if the bathrobe isn't in their cabin . . .

It was our first princess cruise so we don't get free laundry and my 13 year old packed himself, and put wet clothes in his knapsack getting everything wet smelly and I had to do a load of laundry our first day of his stuff. I was running it doing the muster drill. I had bought my own tide pods and freebreeze dryer sheets, but no quarters and the laundry rooms change machine didn't work but the pursers office had change for us.

One thing I do recommend is to bring a bottle of down wrinkle release and unpack right away and spray your clothes while hanging and overnight they will be like prior to packing, will save you from doing much ironing, if any to having to use the dry cleaning, us non elite people who would have to pay $3 to launder a pair of boxer briefs need to keep track of this stuff, lol

I have some hangers saved from an old steamer trunk that I often use. I pack my clothes right on the hangers and it sure speeds up the unpacking time. The hangers are flat and the hook folds down.

Edited by dorisis

I typically just pack my clothes on wire hangers and then just transfer them directly from the suitcase to the hanging bar. This past cruise, however, we ran into some weight issues so we may have to rethink that, or maybe just take less stuff. What a concept. :D

I would choose to layer 3 shirts on one hanger and fold pants onto a shelf before I would use my precious luggage space and weight on hangers. I pack carefully including formal wear but when you fly, I am gonna gamble on the steward getting me a few more even if wire rather than carry then thru airports.

I have been on ships were the steward said they did not have hangers, so I bring my own. They are the plastic ones that new clothes are left on when purchased. They don't weight anything, and I have learned to pack them in a very little space. And if I bought too much on the cruise I can leave them there.:)