Just Need A Bit of a Vent.

We have some additional charges on our visa debit from the cruise. Nowhere near your figure and I am rousing on hubs to pull his finger out and sort it out with the cruise & bank! (He is off work still so has the time).

I love your calmness, I would be spitting chips of frustration at the delay! :) & I would very quickly gone from :eek: to :mad: in days!!

Please post back with an update.

Good luck and please post. I think most people regularly check their accounts on a cruise, especially a longer cruise as one tends to forget exactly how much one has spent or consumed!!

Recently, we discovered that a Bourbon and coke had been charged to our account, with someone else's signature. DH wasn't too worried, but I brought it to their attention as I don't drink and DH doesn't drink Bourbon. It wasn't the $7.50, it was the principle that we hadn't consumed something that we were charged for.

Stick to you guns - and good luck.

Nicki

I'd be venting too. Hope it gets sorted quickly.

I agree,

It wasn't for possible damage to a stateroom was it?

A friend sailed and they charged him for damage to the stateroom when the bathroom flooded (towel in the basin) and then flooded the stateroom. He didn't think anything of it at the time but ended up having to pay and claiming on his insurance.:(

Not good.

Makes my mistaken charge of $504 seem good.

I paid the sea pass off in cash but then got another charge on the CC.

(and I didn't even flood the bathroom.)

But I too, will up the anti if its not sorted quickly. Mine as the end of November.

Cheers

Raina

Not good.

Makes my mistaken charge of $504 seem good.

I paid the sea pass off in cash but then got another charge on the CC.

(and I didn't even flood the bathroom.)

But I too, will up the anti if its not sorted quickly. Mine as the end of November.

Cheers

Raina

Good luck.:D

I think you have come to the point where you should advise your bank that you dispute this amount. It will be up to the cruiseline to prove it.

I would say that is the first thing that should have been done.

Hi Violetmoon - we were on that cruise with you and I have to say Guest Services was nothing short of incompetent. We have friends who are still on there and have had endless problems with them. Let me where you are at and I will see if there is something that can be done from here - we are currently on the Radiance.

Cheers

Di

I would say that is the first thing that should have been done.

The OP said they'd already done this very early on but it would take 45 days to resolve. They always say that but usually it gets sorted faster. And they should have quarantined those funds also. We had lots of credit card issues on our Liberty cruise. RCL kept saying our bank had refused credit. When we got home I contacted the bank and they said they'd never been contacted by RCL. Go figure.

Edited by Pushka

Hey Everybody!

Just checking in, I haven't heard anything back yet, but I'm used to that by now!

Hi Di!! Good to see you! I agree with you about the Guest Services desk leaving much to be desired. We only went up twice but both times we had a really hard time with language issues and there was lots of confusion.

I guess we'll see! I will keep you guys updated for sure!

Hey Everybody!

Just checking in, I haven't heard anything back yet, but I'm used to that by now!

Hi Di!! Good to see you! I agree with you about the Guest Services desk leaving much to be desired. We only went up twice but both times we had a really hard time with language issues and there was lots of confusion.

This is not good and I do hope your bank gets to the bottom of things soon.

Agree with Di that guest services were badly managed and some staff had very poor English language skills. Having just 2 staff on duty for the last night was ridiculous.

You were so excited to be on that cruise and RCI needs to act quickly to keep your confidence in them. Some form of compensation and apology is required I feel if it turns out to be no fault of yours.

Regards, Hugh

Agree with Di that guest services were badly managed and some staff had very poor English language skills. Having just 2 staff on duty for the last night was ridiculous.

Did someone say this was on Rhapsody? I did a 3 nighter on Rhapsody almost 2 years ago and "guest services" was almost non-existent.

Hey Everybody!

Thanks for checking in. Maybe RCI is not the right cruise line to change to. I will keep looking :)

Thanks for checking in. Maybe RCI is not the right cruise line to change to. I will keep looking :)

I've done 9 RCL cruises and never had a problem before this. I have found Guest Services to be excellent. Every time I have ever been to them it has been sorted out quickly.-most of my visits have been re the internet and every time they sort it out and then give me some credit.

I have had hotels etc make errors many times.

Mistakes happen and do get sorted out. All cruise lines, all resorts etc have the odd human error.

Mine has taken a while as it has been over the Christmas period and I have been very slow to reply to their responses. I have no doubt it will be sorted out. I don't feel the need to involve the CC company.

I wouldn't worry about using RCL.

Raina

I've done 9 RCL cruises and never had a problem before this. I have found Guest Services to be excellent. Every time I have ever been to them it has been sorted out quickly.-most of my visits have been re the internet and every time they sort it out and then give me some credit.

I have had hotels etc make errors many times.

Mistakes happen and do get sorted out. All cruise lines, all resorts etc have the odd human error.

Mine has taken a while as it has been over the Christmas period and I have been very slow to reply to their responses. I have no doubt it will be sorted out. I don't feel the need to involve the CC company.

I wouldn't worry about using RCL.

Raina

Thank you. That is comforting to hear :). Cheers.

I wouldn't just sit back and assume the bank will sort it out. Follow up with RCCL and the bank regularly, sometimes they need a shove. We had a problem with a MasterCard that went on for 3 months and had to be escalated to the highest level at CBA before anyone took notice of what we were trying to tell them from the beginning! Incredibly frustrating and stressful!

Document every contact with the company and the bank so you can refer them back to it if necessary.

Good luck I hope it is all sorted quickly.

I wouldn't just sit back and assume the bank will sort it out. Follow up with RCCL and the bank regularly, sometimes they need a shove. We had a problem with a MasterCard that went on for 3 months and had to be escalated to the highest level at CBA before anyone took notice of what we were trying to tell them from the beginning! Incredibly frustrating and stressful!

Document every contact with the company and the bank so you can refer them back to it if necessary.

Good luck I hope it is all sorted quickly.

Good advice, It pays to be on top of the situation and have the paperwork to back that up.:D

Good Morning everybody.

I just wanted to let you all know that the guy from customer service that I've been dealing with wrote me back this morning and this is what he said:

Good morning,

I apologise for the delay.

I have been in contact with the US office and they will refund the 4086.07 to your credit card used onboard. It seems their was some mix up with accounts and you may have been charged for somebody else's. The refund can take upto ten days to show in your account.

Again I apologise for the delay.

I am going to reply to him and thank him and all that jazz, but I was wondering.... I know some people brought up compensation. How should I ask for it? haha I'm always really shy when it comes to stuff like that!!

Thanks again everyone for letting me let off some steam! I guess almost 4 weeks isnt toooooo long to wait. :rolleyes:

That's brilliant.

Strictly speaking unless you suffered a loss as a result then there's no "legal" compensation. People make mistakes all the time. I guess there's no harm in asking.

Edited by Pushka

Good Morning everybody.

I just wanted to let you all know that the guy from customer service that I've been dealing with wrote me back this morning and this is what he said:

Good morning,

I apologise for the delay.

I have been in contact with the US office and they will refund the 4086.07 to your credit card used onboard. It seems their was some mix up with accounts and you may have been charged for somebody else's. The refund can take upto ten days to show in your account.

Again I apologise for the delay.

I am going to reply to him and thank him and all that jazz, but I was wondering.... I know some people brought up compensation. How should I ask for it? haha I'm always really shy when it comes to stuff like that!!

Thanks again everyone for letting me let off some steam! I guess almost 4 weeks isnt toooooo long to wait. :rolleyes:

Good result, in regards to the compensation, I think that is for you to decide.

If you feel you were really inconvenienced, ask for some.

If you were out of pocket, then certainly ask for that amount.

If both, plead your case and see what happens. You may end up with some oBC on your next cruise. Good luck.

Hi Violetmoon - glad they have agreed - the next step was an email to Mr Goldstein - they don't like that sort of thing happening. I haven't changed my mind - Rhapsody is a great ship and we are looking forward to our Sydney to Istanbul repo on her, we just hope that Guest Services sorts itself out in the meantime because I doubt we will be back on her before then.

Unfortunately all ships/cruise lines have things that go pear-shaped which can be frustrating but I'm glad you got it sorted.

Currently in Tauranga - beautiful day and great fun on the Radiance.

Cheers and Happy New Year

Di

Violetmoon I am happy for you that RCCL will refund or adjust the mistake BUT spare a thought for the poor buggar that got his/her final account and thought they had got away WITHOUT having to pay the four grand they racked up on their account......bet they would not have written to RCCL to tell them about the error :D:D

One time on the last morning of a cruise I was standing in line waiting to speak with Guest Services. A man who had been in front of me got to the desk and started complaining of thousands of dollars in charges. They told him it was for the spa, and his wife had charged many treatments. He said that is impossible, he never gave her the credit card. They told him she had used the sign and sail card, he said, see she only got the things that come with the room. He was not happy when he finally understood.

One time on the last morning of a cruise I was standing in line waiting to speak with Guest Services. A man who had been in front of me got to the desk and started complaining of thousands of dollars in charges. They told him it was for the spa, and his wife had charged many treatments. He said that is impossible, he never gave her the credit card. They told him she had used the sign and sail card, he said, see she only got the things that come with the room. He was not happy when he finally understood.

Oops. I bet he wasn't happy with his wife. :D