Live from the Grand Princess Hawaiian round trip

Leo Mcgary

Good Morning

This will be my 2nd attempt at a live from. We will be boarding the Grand Princesss in a few hours. We have been planning this trip for a year now. I hope to be able to post a few pictures and update you on our daily activities as well as answer any questions which might come up. My next report will occur after we board the Grand.:D

Stay Tuned !

GRAND-14-2014_zps658b28b0.jpg

Grand20Princess_SF_Golden_Gate_zps0fcb26bb.jpg

I will look forward to following along with you..I've sailed to Hawaii one way but I've never done a round trip and look forward to doing so soon!! All those yummy sea days to enjoy..in addition to the beautiful islands..couldn't be more perfect!

Camelia

1-5-2013

Good Morning

This is our first sea day; we have sailed 263 miles and are steaming along at 19.4 knots

Embarkation

We arrived at the pier 35 at 12:30 it was a bit crowded but we were in our room by 1:00 DW’s luggage arrived shortly after but mine did not arrive till almost 5 o’clock.

For this cruise we had originally booked D734 and aft balcony but decided to switch to a mini on emerald E725, we wanted the extra space and like having the fully covered balcony.

When we sailed on the Island Princess to Panama in October of 2012 we had a great cabin steward named Brando, well guess what he will be our steward for this cruise, nice surprise!

FYI For the balcony mat question, only some have been replaced, ours has not, but has a fresh coat of blue paint.

Opus will be the house band for our cruise and played on the lido deck for the sail away party.

Departure was delayed 90 minutes waiting for Pax from the east coast, the night time sail away was epic.

Today will be our CC Meet and Greet in the One5.

Unable to connect to photo bucket right now , will continue to try :(

We will be reading your posts with great interest. Thanks for doing a live thread, they are not easy. We will be doing our first round trip Hawaii when you return on January 19.

Cheers, Denise

Have fun. We love the Hawaii cruises and know you will too. Since I'm assuming you're sailing out of SF, could you let us know how the Hawaii theme is on your ship? I think a lot of cruisecritic readers would be interested and not everyone can sail on the same ship as David Cole and Elua.

Still missing our times at Crooners on the Royal.

Bonni

Have fun. We love the Hawaii cruises and know you will too. Since I'm assuming you're sailing out of SF, could you let us know how the Hawaii theme is on your ship? I think a lot of cruisecritic readers would be interested and not everyone can sail on the same ship as David Cole and Elua.

Bonni

Yes, please. I have not found a thread or comments about the duo on the Grand. When I spoke to Dave of Elua, he said they had their own agenda.

Thank you.

Hope you have a great cruise. We just got off her yesterday and had a great cruise. We had Ayla in DeVince dining room and she was great. My kids also made friends with Tatianna at the international bar on 5 plaza. Very nice young women and fun.

If you have not heard, you are on Sammi last cruise as cruise director. She is going to only do it part time, whatever that means.

Tom (trbarton) just got off Grand and had high praises for "Makani E", who are Kimo and Lokelina. You can Goggle "Makani E" for their bio's. Their schedule is to be on Grand until it's final Hawaiian Cruise in April 28. They then move on to Sun Princess for two months doing the Japanese market. There is a large following for the Hawaiian Hula and their music in Japan. We'll be on their Feb. 18th cruise.

Bonni

I just got off the Grand yesterday. What kind of things would you like to know so I can answer your questions?

Tom:)

Have a wonderful cruise!

I love the Grand.

What time was your Meet and Greet?

Did any staff attend?

thanks!

Our meet and greet was at 11:00 , had a great turnout ,Captain Lawes showed up and stayed and chatted with us for a 1/2 hour or so, Sammi the CD and the Hotel director showed up as well.

Bonni

Yes, please. I have not found a thread or comments about the duo on the Grand. When I spoke to Dave of Elua, he said they had their own agenda.

Thank you.

Looks like your questions were answered but I will certainly let you know my thoughts when we return.

Bonnie, we wish you and John were joining us!!!! We got a fare we couldn't pass up! Not only that we get to jump on BART to take us to the ship. Easy peasy :D

Cheers, Denise

We have friends on your cruise. They wanted us to join them but we had already booked an Alaska cruisetour for May. If you meet Larry and Nita from Washington tell them hi from Judy. Have a great cruise. We have done the Hawaii cruise 3 times from LA and loved every one of them.

1-5-2013

Good Morning

This is our first sea day; we have sailed 263 miles and are steaming along at 19.4 knots

Embarkation

We arrived at the pier 35 at 12:30 it was a bit crowded but we were in our room by 1:00 DW’s luggage arrived shortly after but mine did not arrive till almost 5 o’clock.

For this cruise we had originally booked D734 and aft balcony but decided to switch to a mini on emerald E725, we wanted the extra space and like having the fully covered balcony.

When we sailed on the Island Princess to Panama in October of 2012 we had a great cabin steward named Brando, well guess what he will be our steward for this cruise, nice surprise!

FYI For the balcony mat question, only some have been replaced, ours has not, but has a fresh coat of blue paint.

Opus will be the house band for our cruise and played on the lido deck for the sail away party.

Departure was delayed 90 minutes waiting for Pax from the east coast, the night time sail away was epic.

Today will be our CC Meet and Greet in the One5.

Unable to connect to photo bucket right now , will continue to try :(

Your post was very interesting to us since we will be on the Grand on March 22 in cabin E 723,which is next door to yours. Last Nov. we were in cabin E 719 which had a lot of loud banging on the outside wall over the bed. I hope E 723 is more quite,would love to know if you are happy with yours. I was very disappointed to read that the minis on E deck had not received the balcony mats so far, sure hope we will have one by March,just hate the metal floor. Thank you very much for your review.